Traffic is stagnant

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)
  1. steveso profile image78
    stevesoposted 11 years ago

I have three blogs in addition to my HubPages. I promote them all in the same manner, using social media sites, Ping-o-matic etc. When I publish a post on my blogs I receive a large number of hits within a few hours. But when I publish a new Hub I see little movement. Most of my traffic to my blogs comes from Google, Stumbleupon and Facebook, but here on HubPages most of my traffic comes only from Google. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding this?

1. profile image0
      Casimiroposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think you're very fortunate if most of your traffic is coming from Google, after all that is the goal for sustainable revenue. The bump you get from social media rarely lasts very long. Most of my initial traffic comes from within HP and then it all damps out pretty quickly.

2. Dame Scribe profile image58
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

Reasons for traffic fluctuations are unknown and will vary across the board sad I can only suggest maybe using webmaster tools at bing may help and also when in y! sign up for a 'my yahoo' account to be able to insert your url there. Not sure it helps but least do get some traffic from them. I'm not sure how I get traffic from other search engines and maybe something I did with past promotion efforts. Just some idea's. smile

stevesoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Dame Scribe. I do use webmaster tools etc, for both Hubpages and my blogs. It just doesn't work as well for Hubpages as my blogs. Thanks again for your comment.

3. Doodlehead profile image48
    Doodleheadposted 11 years ago

Excuse my stupidity but are where does one obtain "webmaster tools"?

1. Marketing Merit profile image94
      Marketing Meritposted 11 years agoin reply to this
  4. Doodlehead profile image48

Casimiro----my traffic was about 1/5 Google, Bing, or Yahoo.  After the past week it is zero for all three.  I am extremely depressed.

5. Doodlehead profile image48

Casimiro----my traffic was about 1/5 Google, Bing, or Yahoo.  After the past week it is zero for all three.  I am extremely depressed.

My Google traffic for HubPages was 24 for the past 7 days, but for just one of my blogs Google traffic is 41 for 1 day.  I don't get it.

6. lovebuglena profile image86
    lovebuglenaposted 11 years ago

Seems the most traffic for hubs comes from google but the second highest source of traffic is from hubpages itself. At least this is what I have noticed for my hubs when I check my traffic sources... It shouldn't really matter where the traffic comes from actually so long as it keeps coming steadily and hopefully increasing over time...

7. Dame Scribe profile image58

You all have great scores for low traffic whereas mine, shows, Sup with that? tongue lol

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Dame - your score should be higher, I agree. Mine dropped a bit not long ago (I hadn't had a chance to hop hubs for a while, and hadn't written anything new for a few weeks). I read and commented on several hubs in one day and contributed a few Answers, and the score jumped up by the next day.

8. Stacie L profile image88
    Stacie Lposted 11 years ago

Yes, I have to agree with you. Your score seems a little too low now..

I have been a HubPages member now for 16 months, so today I decided to compare my HubPages views to one of my blogs which is almost 1 year old. I promote both in exactly the same way. The results are that Hubpages had almost 3,500 views, while my blog had almost 15,000 views. Google was the source of a majority of traffic for both. I can't figure this one out!

9. jGaunt profile image68
    jGauntposted 11 years ago

I don't think the search engines like Hubpage's subdomain structure. Sites where it's all on the main domain seem to do much better.

I think you are right.

10. Dame Scribe profile image58

I usually hub hop and read but don't leave comments, just votes ,mainly because I agree with the other comments smile I don't let it get to me since it's no reflection of me per se but moreso on the 'assignor'. I do a lot of visit n runs with this site, my blog and work tongue some days, it's just nuts. Speaking of which, yes, I get far more traffic for my other blog than here. Strange times indeed hmm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)