Why does the Muslim community hate the U.S. so much? Are we innocent?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (18 posts)
  1. RichusFridum profile image60
    RichusFridumposted 11 years ago

There are quite a few nations that want to see America's downfall or at least out of their business. There are even Islamic belivers here in the U.S. who regard this country as evil of some sort. But from what act or actions did all tyhis hate spawn from? Do the Muslims hate the U.S. for NO historic or understandable reason at all or did America do something to warrant it?

2. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 11 years ago

I think it started with more about 'their' leaders living in prosperity and they themselves are struggling tongue so they blame the US and other western nations for 'corrupting' them. Believing that religion is going to resolve their problems isn't the answer. hmm The world is moving forward, trying to help them with 'economic' relationships to build some incoming $$ for them but closing themselves off from us cuts off $$ which they don't know. Just a guess tongue no expert here lol

RichusFridumposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"Believeing that religion is going to solve their problems is'nt the answer"
      this is so true and i think so of those religious beliefs are what causes them to deny help from the west. Its definitely all about economy.
      Your point on the corruption of their leaders seems very accurate though. Thanks!

3. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

It depends a lot on the situation, but in some cased there has been some serious meddling by the US PTB in local politics.

I agree

4. Shadesbreath profile image78
    Shadesbreathposted 11 years ago

The answer to your question cannot be answered in any meaningful way on an Internet forum. The problem is a complex mess that dates back to the earliest collisions of Christianity and Islam, runs through the Crusades, WWII, all sorts of little side deals and cross-hemisphere manipulations from then to now. It's also a complex knot of not just religion but economics, and from those, power itself.

Furthermore, there are no "nations" that want America's downfall, only people in countries, some percentage, and typically less than a majority, and if a majority, barely one, and most of them brainwashed and believing in versions of America based entirely in ignorance (much like many Americans' view of how all Muslims are evil terrorists is ignorant and false). When you say "nations" want us gone, when you say "Do THE Muslims hate the U.S." you are creating a false idea with the question itself.

THE Muslims don't hate us. SOME Muslims hate us. Some Christians hate us too. So do some secular people. And they don't hate "us" they hate this ideal that they suppose has been violated, or that has been violated in fact, depending on which case of which people in which particular part of the world you are talking about.

So, bottom line, there is no answer to your question, because the question is too simple for one, and for another, it is flawed in its formation because it assumes something that is not true, and then seeks the "reason" for why that thing that does not exist exists.

I know it is inconvenient to suggest this on the Internet, but you could surely find lots of reading on the subject in books if you are actually interested in the history of all of this.

i think i will consult you from now on before i engage in the "formation" of forum questions. lol  But what you said is true enough. Still, if i ever pose a question on any matter I am NEVER speaking in the sense of ALL but only some or a majority because of course there is not a single idea that all people agree on and i am not so foolish as to believe so.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I see no reason to think "a great majority: is correct either.  There are a lot of Muslim people in the world and I would suggest most of them don't really give a crap about what the US is doing.

5. berojgaarnews profile image41
    berojgaarnewsposted 11 years ago

I believe that None of the Religion teach about Reverse Engineering but Muslims are Most in it which is bad for Peace,Development and World which Should be Corrected.
    We cannot Blame by the Single Person However We should have to Rethink and Reform those Community .

and what exactly is reverse engineering

1. berojgaarnews profile image41
        berojgaarnewsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Some People Love to Construct(Engineering) and Some People Love to Destroy.(Reverse Engineering).
        Simple Meaning of Muslim

1. psycheskinner profile image84
          psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, 'reverse engineering' generally means working out how something functions and how to make it by taking it apart.  Like a non-US company getting a caterpillar tractor and using it to work out how to make their own version. Destroying just to destroy is quite a different concept from destroying to imitate.

6. feistyfood profile image61
    feistyfoodposted 11 years ago

After reading one or two comments in this thread it is no surprise that *some* within the Muslim faith dislike America, the UK and their allies. Personally, I believe that the US and UK have behaved like playground bullies at times, causing devastation with their interfering ways and determination to control resources in the Arab world. It's hardly surprising that some Muslims will feel offended and wronged by the Us et al. I guess if I were them, I would too.

1. Shadesbreath profile image78
      Shadesbreathposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Some others of the Muslim faith living in the "Muslim world" would argue that the problems of any given country are blamed on the U.S. when in reality they are caused by corruption, misappropriation of wealth, and an elite group of leaders who use religion and access to resources to control the population, suppress education and keep their countrymen fixated on the bogeyman of the U.S. so that they don't revolt (which hasn't been working so well lately). The American people and a liberated populace of any "Muslim" country, working together through open and FREE media, can try to rein in the behavior of corrupt people in power on both sides (corporate power as well as governmental, tribal and "spiritual" leadership).

It's not really about Muslim people over "there" and Americans here... it's about corruption in power on both "sides" and whether or not populations on both sides choose to remain ignorant and make blanket statements like "all Muslims hate us" or that the US is some evil monster that runs around the global playground without the "come on down" of the powers there, as if their leaders are just helpless little puppies being beaten down with big sticks of American money.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You make an excellent argument, Shades.
        Makes perfect sense. Easy to understand and digest.
        Only one problem. It's missing that emotional connection, you know?
        If we don't perpetuate that old "us" vs. "them" mentality, we might end up with a status that is simply unfathomable, and quite possibly intolerable:

Peace, love and understanding.
        (with apologies to Elvis Costello).
        smile

That stuff is for sissies! Let's get all pissed off over some propagandist stereotyping crap we've been fed and go make someone PAY!

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
            Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah!
            Let's go watch that video again and go storm some embassies!!!!!!!

I don't have enough energy for that kind of activism. Even mindless activism. I think I will show my contempt for the system by drinking and forgetting it exists.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)