FIXED: AdSense ads blank on small subset of Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Jamie Brock profile image92
    Jamie Brockposted 11 years ago

Yesterday I noticed NONE of my hubs have AdSense ads on them any longer... where the ads were there is only a white block of space.  I still have an active AdSense account, none of my hubs are flagged that the ads are disabled, they are all set to "high". I completed the pin process over 2 years ago.. This problem has surfaced out of the blue.. I have not been contacted with any issues by AdSense.. and I am still getting my payments from HP Ad program but my AdSense earnings are nothing for the past few months.  I'm concerned because I never got an email from Google about any issue.. its like they just took off all the ads on my hubs for no apparent reason. At first I thought it couldn't be ALL but I went through all 129 and NONE of them have ads..how could every single one of my hubs be violating Google TOS?? And why is this just now happening over 2 years later??? I'm really discouraged and don't know what to do. I've contacted HP but they seem to think it doesn't have to do with HP at all, I've asked a question and this is my second forum post.   PLEASE anyone who is knowledgeable about AS, could you give me advice or suggestions. I just don't understand what is going on.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I just looked at your Hubs and you're right, I can see blank spaces where the ads should be.

However, it could be you're reporting the wrong issue.  If you're signed up for the HP Earnings Program, those blank ads are not Adsense ads - they're HP Ads. 

While you're active on HP Ads, the only direct Adsense ad you'll see is the one at the very bottom of your Hub.  That's why most people find their Adsense earnings virtually disappear if they're on the HP Ads program (but the HP program makes more than Adsense so they're still better off).

So I would post a new thread on the Ad Problems forum, saying "Ads set on high but no HP Ads appearing", and email HubPages with the same message, and see if that gets some attention.

Jamie Brockposted 11 years agoin reply to this

OH, okay.. I didn't know that... oh wow... okay, It seems like HP would be a little more concerned about it than they seemed in my email.. maybe they just assumed I was a newbie who was confused.. but there is definitely something wrong going on here. Thank you for your suggestion.. I will give it a try. I'm afraid that people are going to start getting mad about mulitple posts but I'm just trying to figure out what in the world is going on :0/  Thank you so much for your reply, Marisa

I thought about it some more and realized that you have to be in good standing with Adsense before you're allowed to be in the HP ads program, so I guess it could be an Adsense issue.  Losing Adsense would block the HP Ads too.

If you were in violation at the Adsense end, I'm sure you would have some kind of message on your Adsense account - I assume you can still login there without a problem, and that you've searched to see if there are any messages or the like. 

And this is really, really obvious but I assume you've triple-checked that the right ID's are still showing in your Account setup onHP.

Actually, I haven't double checked about the right ID's showing up... I didn't even think about it.  Is it possible that they could just change and not match up out of the blue? Since my account was approved, I've never really messed with the ID's.

Its strange because I haven't gotten any email with an issue from AdSense, my account is still active and seems to be in good standing. I am able to log in without any problem and there are no messages or warnings from them. Also, I still got my HP ad program payment a couple days ago.

I'm not worrying about it because of income potential because my earnings from AdSense have been nill for months. Everything I make comes from HP Ad program..  It's just the principal of it and that something is obviously not right.   

Thank you SO MUCH for all of you help and suggestions. I hope that I hear back from staff soon about it.

I know staff are looking into this for you, but I would certainly double check those ID's just in case.

HubPages is a website like everywhere else, and information can get corrupted anywhere, so it doesn't hurt to check even the most basic things.

Marisa- Absolutely.. I did become concerned when you brought it up so went to check but the ID checked out okay... I was contacted by HP though and they have contacted Google and trying to get the problem ironed out... whewww!  Thank you so much for all of your help smile

2. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was going to follow up, but I see we emailed you back about this already, so if we didn't get answer for you in that reply, we should hopefully have something soon.

Mathew- I did get an email earlier today from HP staff but it said that either my hubs are in violation or that I haven't finished the pin process....so I sent another contact form quoting the email they sent explaining that I finished the pin process over two years ago and also that I didn't understand how all 129 hubs could be in violation of TOS..but have not heard back from HP staff yet.  I guess they are probably working it on... thank you SO MUCH for your reply smile  Hopefully I will hear something back soon.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
          Matthew Meyerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Just wanted to give you an update and let you know we are still doing some research to determine what the underlying cause might be for your Hubs not displaying Google AdSense ads.

Mathew- I just got an email from HP letting me know that Google is working on it.. thank you so much for your replies and all of your help... I really appreciate it!

3. Jamie Brock profile image92

Just want to let everyone know that HP has emailed back just now and are looking into the issue. Thank you again to everyone for all of your help and suggestions.

1. seanorjohn profile image70
        seanorjohnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jamie, I have the same issue. after a period of time apparently we have to enter a new code or pin and possibly a phone number. I was sent some sort of code or pin through the post but I mislaid it.
        let us know if this gets resolved.

seanorjohn- Thank you for letting me know that.. I figured maybe I wasn't the only one who has had this happen.. Have you given up trying to find the code/pin they sent you? Maybe you could request to have another one sent.  Let me know how everything goes.

1. seanorjohn profile image70
            seanorjohnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jamie unfortunately still not resolved for me. When I go into payments a message appears saying"your pages are displaying blank units because you haven't yet verified your pin and/or phone number".

Thus I have had no earnings since October 2011.  I have forgotten how to contact HP to request a new pin. How do I contact HP?

Look up in the right hand corner where it says explore, notifications, your name and start a new hub.. hover over your name and go down and click on faq.... You will see in the second paragraph a link to contact them.

2. Jamie Brock profile image92

seanorjohn- I just checked a few of your hubs and they all had ads on them.. did you know? Apparently your problem was resolved.  Did your ads just all come back out of the blue or do you know?

2. Blake Flannery profile image93
        Blake Flanneryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I got an odd message in my adsense account that I needed to opt in to image and media ads for over 100 pages on HubPages.  I am opted in for my own websites, but with HubPages, they control that.  I just trusted that HP had it under control since they have the optimizing software of Yieldbuid, but maybe somehow the image and media settings got turned off, leaving you without ads.  I don't earn much from adsense, so maybe that's part of the problem.  Just a thought.

See, I need to read up on this stuff and learn more about it... that is interesting and it does seem like it is something that could have happened. HP staff  did contact me again a while ago and said they had been in contact with Google about it and that Google was currently trying to fix the issue.

2. kathleenkat profile image83
    kathleenkatposted 11 years ago

Have you tried logging out of Google and HubPages? The Adsense Ads on my Hubs do not show up for me if I'm the one viewing them, but they are there when looked at from another device on which I am not logged in.

kathleenkat- thank you for your reply.. unfortunately, yes, I've logged out and back in... nothing changed. I contacted HP and they said either I have hubs in violation OR I didn't finish the pin process.. I find it hard to believe that all 129 hubs are in violation and I completed my pin process over two years ago. So discouraged sad  Thank you for your help though.. I appreciate it.

3. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

Hello Jamie - I can see what you are describing, on your pages  you have blank white areas where the ads would usually be. Yet on other Hub craft pages I can see ads. in those locations. Sorry, not much help to you, but just confirming it is not just you seeing this.

2uesday- Thank you for the reply smile I am sure I'll get it figured out... at least I hope!  I've been stressed since last night about it.. I finally had to step away from the laptop today because I was going crazy trying to figure out what the problem could be.

4. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years ago

I don't know how to help either, but I wanted to say that when I looked at your crafts hub, there was a white space where the ad would be.  The two ads did appear at the bottom of the page, so it probably can't be solely an Adsense thing.

Millionaire tips- thank you for your reply.. it was so weird seeing that none of my hubs had that dominant ad on them anymore.  I agree, it doesn't seem to be completely to do with AdSense... seems like there must be a bug or something.

5. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

You already have one thread on this, and apparently no one here can explain it.  I suggest asking Hubpages and/or Adsense staff.

Well the reason why there are multiple posts is because initially I wasn't getting much of a response.. I have emailed HP Staff.. I've yet to hear back.. I wanted to see if any one else could help in the mean time. Thanks for your suggestion though.

6. kidscrafts profile image74
    kidscraftsposted 11 years ago

I am sorry to hear that you have a problem.  I am not have been on Hubpages as long as you have been and I don't have a lot of post yet... and I am still in the discovery stage of all that.  I wish you luck and hope that everything will be settled soon for you!
    Have a good day!

kidscrafts- Thank you.. I really appreciate it.

7. profile image0
    theSwordLibraryposted 11 years ago

There seems to be an issue with Adsense, in particular their display ads. I've been having the same problem on my own website these past few days, although text ads seem to be working properly.

theSwordLibrary- Yes, I saw when I was checking other hubs to see if they had ads that it was mainly text ads.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)