If you could walk into your dream home, what would it look like?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (23 posts)
  1. moneyfairy profile image60
    moneyfairyposted 11 years ago

At the library I love looking through Architectural Digest and seeing all the beautiful homes from the inside out, all the beautiful gardens and waterfall ponds and beautiful bathrooms and steam/jacuzzi showers and huge sunken tubs and 4 poster beds and big huge windows with room enough for cushions to sit on as you gaze out at your beautiful garden, and livingroom with giant inlaid stone firplace/hearth and a huge kitchen with an island in the middle for cooking etc.... so many cool possibilities just wondering what your dream place would consist of?
    Look forward to hearing from you.

1. Kevin Peter profile image60
      Kevin Peterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

My dream home is the one facinf a lovely river. It's a small wooden cottage with greenary all around. There is  a gentle breeze all around and I could hear the twittering sounds of birds. Wow what a wonderful world to live in! I don't think this dream of mine will ever come true.

2. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 11 years ago

Chocolate,just kidding.I already have my dream home.a 44foot sail boat.I hope to shed everything soon and move aboard full time...fingers crossed.

moneyfairyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good for you!!!! Glad that you had the experience of owning your dream home and the choice and wealth to move abroad!!!! Yeah for you!!! Enjoy smile

3. profile image0
    dreamseeker2posted 11 years ago

Ahhh...my dream home has always been that of an A framed cabin with a loft bedroom. I would like it to come with all the amenities...dishwashier, disposal, best appliances and up to date decor. But not too modern that it couldn't appear comfy and lived in. It would have to have one wall dedicated just to books and with plenty of natural light with windows. Its location would be preferably at the beach, but not so close that any storms could affect its safety, threatening any damage. It would need a large front porch with plenty of room for planters wtih flowers, all in keeping with the look of the cabin. I would like it to have a secret room, larger than that of a panic room to go to when needing alone time or when fearing an imposing intruder. It too would have to be equipped with the comforts of home. My cabin home would have to have plenty of room for guests to stay over, such as family and close friends. My kitchen and dining would have to face the morning sun. Of course it would have wifi, a beautiful fireplace, along with sterio and surround sound, (a built in entertainment system not quite the size of a theater, but large enough for others to view comfortably). It would also need to have two to three full size bathrooms to accomadate any guests as well.

You are a great dreamer!!! Thanks for sharing and instead of just a wall for books you could have your own private library smile. I love the secret room idea too like the wall that you press a button and it turns into a whole other room smile really cool!!

Also a movie room, like your own private theater that would be really cool too!!!

4. profile image0
    dreamseeker2posted 11 years ago

Yes, that would be cool. Maybe put your movie room in with your secret room you push the button too? Just a thought. : )

Yes that would be great! Private and no interuptions as you would be the only one with the code for the secret button and room smile .... so very James Bond smile

5. profile image0
    Beth37posted 11 years ago

Maybe a dream home isn't great because of what's in it, but because of who's in it.

(Sorry, I went sappy on you.)

No that's an awesome sentiment but you can have your loved ones as well as the things you love too...anything is possible in your dreams. But I get your gist!!! You're a huge romantic!!! good for you!!!

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well, I've always loved a big country house out in the middle of a field with a porch that goes 3/4 of the way around. That's my favorite, but there are so many beautiful homes... cottages in Ireland, little paper-style Japanese homes with cherry blossom trees, big lit up light-houses, any home on the ocean... they're all dream homes. We'd all probably love a library and if I had a lot of rooms, I'd probably want to fill them with kids.

Awe, that is so great!!! The cottage in Ireland sounds amazing. It is such beautiful landscape over there , green and lush and magical, I can see the fairies and leprachons all over your property now smile

6. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 11 years ago

On the outside it would be similar to this cottage in the hills:

http://www.homebunch.com/wp-content/uploads/a3.jpg

Kitchen would be like this:

http://img2-1.timeinc.net/toh/i/g/12/kitchens/02-cottage-kitchen/15-cottage-kitchens.jpg

And the living area would be like this:

http://www.remodelaholic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Modern-Cottage-Colorful-Living-Room.jpg

Oh well.......you asked, so I answered

Very cool!!! Very colorful! Thanks for sharing the photos!!!

2. Louise Lately profile image60
      Louise Latelyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

the cottage in the hills looks incredible! I can see why you'd like to live there - looks so homely!

7. profile image0
    Beth37posted 11 years ago

This is a really good representation of my dream home.

https://pinterest.com/pin/530228556098826650/

Wow Beth!!! Beautiful house!!! I wish I knew how to get some of the photos from Architectual Digest up on here but sadly I am not good with technical stuff. But i have beautiful pictures in my mind!! There was something in a Unique Homes magazines back in like 1993 of a beautiful and Unique home in Santa Barbara California, looked almost like an adult tree house on the outside(curvy and bark like) and incredible wood work and design on the inside almost like a hobbit would live there , it was really cool and the master suite upstairs had a gorgeous pool off the master bath it was sureal , incredible. If I ever find the clip I'll try to find the exact issue, but when I downsized into a smaller apt. back in 2010 to keep costs down I have alot of things in boxes....so it could be anywhere. But it was definitely a fantasy place .

1. profile image0

Im not sure, but I think I just saw the house you described yesterday... was there a long wooden ramp that lead up to the house in the trees? It was awesome!

No but that sounds cool too, I know in the back yard was a beautiful garden and pond witha tire swing almost "Huck Finn" like atmosphere. Some architechts had very creative ideas.
          I'd also love a room with beautiful fluffly clouds and angels painted on the ceilings. Did you ever see that movie "Meet Joe Black"? In the house that Anthony Hopkins charachter owned had a whole huge pool room that had wonderful paintings on the ceiling of beautiful clouds and Angels it was so beautiful smile it also had a huge library that was gorgeous and beautiful marble floors and wooden staircases and guest rooms with steam rooms and jacuzzi's and heated floors and towel warmers etc... really lush smile

1. profile image0

I did see that movie. I remember it being an atheistically beautiful movie, but I don't remember details very well...
            I found these pics though.
            http://pinterest.com/mroozz/a-house-in-the-trees/

Very cool Beth Thanks!!! The house I was thinking about wasn't actually in a tree but rather looked like a huge giant tree cruved and bark like for the shingles and the outside and gorgeous curved wooden walls on the inside ... almost as if you were on the inside of a huge tree all cleaned out and furnished and decorated to the hilt smile It's so fun dreaming isn't it?!

1. profile image0

Yeah, that sounds gorgeous.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)