Why the 3 Hubs below are never featued after trying harder?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (37 posts)
  1. sharingknowledge profile image71
    sharingknowledgeposted 11 years ago

I took a lot of time to write the three of my Hubs as linked below but they seem to have failed to pass the featuring and thus remaining  un featured. I am interested to know what I can improve on them to make them featured since I don't feel like seeing any of my Hubs in an Idle mode.

http://sharingknowledge.hubpages.com/hu … or-Penalty

http://sharingknowledge.hubpages.com/hu … ent-System

http://sharingknowledge.hubpages.com/hu … nvolvement

Thank you.

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

First impression: Those are three of the wordiest titles I've ever seen. They're more like paragraphs. I thought *my* titles were wordy, but I think you've got me beat.

It's also likely that nobody is actively Google searching for any of the phrases contained in those titles.

Just a thought.

sharingknowledgeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Those Hubs are not so old. I published them very recently and have been trying to have them featured. Some other point to know is that I tend to get higher traffic to those Hubs which have longer titles than I do on less title length Hubs. Thank you.

2. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Long story short, they aren't close to the criteria of an 8+ Hub on our quality rating scale: hubpages.com/help/hub_hop_table#informational

Also, the third Hub has a somewhat pixelated image right at the top. In addition to hampering the Hub's quality, it leaves the Hub at risk of being moderated for having a pixelated image. Just a heads up!

What is pixed image so that I can get to that as well? Thanks.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image57
      MelissaBarrettposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Run-on sentences, some odd word choices.

Organization is somewhat lacking... an introductory paragraph or two followed by a numbered list is not great as far as organization goes.

A hub full of lists also can affect substance.  They tend to be generalizations without a lot of depth to each point.... not that list themselves are bad, but when they compose the majority of your hub, it's hard for there to be real substance there.

But wow, the run on sentences are ridiculously hard to read... If it is hard to read, it's going to drop substance scores as well.

Thanks. Will work on that right away.

2. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I would suggest not having such long sentences and specifying which country you are talking about.

And I just begun on editing the titles to specify. Thanks

3. innerspin profile image87
    innerspinposted 11 years ago

I looked at the Uganda driver's license hub, which will probably be useful within that country. Bear in mind it's a limited market.

You do write enormously long sentences. Two of the paragraphs are actually one sentence, and I had trouble following what you were saying. Try splitting the sentences up. Have you tried reading the work out loud? That's helpful to check if it sounds natural. You seem keen to improve the hubs, which is great. Keep at it.

Thank you. Just edited the title and hope that will be featured.

4. LuisEGonzalez profile image78
    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years ago

Your titles are really long, but that's a minor thing. Make sure that your articles have at least 700 words, include at least one link to another source that deals with the same or similar topic, include at least one YouTube video that deals with a similar topic. These three suggestions work and are part of HP suggestions to improve viewership. Also do break up long paragraphs into smaller ones.

Thank you. But I don't want my Hubs to be more of promotional since every link is counted. Will look into that right now.

5. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image84
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

Check spelling - I see errors in your summaries, and also in your profile.  Good luck - I know it's frustrating, but it's helpful to ask for feedback, as you did here.

1. citymonopolist profile image59
      citymonopolistposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have 5 hubs, 1 featured. My featured hub has less views  than my non-featured hubs. So it seems like this has no great impact, it is all down to content and what people are looking for. Just thought, I'll add that. I write because I enjoy it.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image57

It kinda does make a difference, as your non-featured hubs will never get search engine traffic.

I am a little confused about featuring. I have 1 hub featured, it has 7 views but it is listed on google and I am so suppose to make money, yet I have 6 other hubs not featured but pulling in views and sending traffic to my blog. Either way the traffic is more important to me as a writer, money will follow if people like my content. So kinda don't matter unless you are a pro writer and know the tricks of the trade.

1. profile image0
            Beth37posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Those 7 views may be your own. Your views are always among the count.

2. profile image0

I have a hub that was featured, then it was pulled. It still gets more views than my other ones, but it is not capable of making money until I can edit it to HP's standards. My point is... it's nice to get views, it's also nice to get paid. You have to decide which you want more.

You are right, it will be nice to see some coin but everyone has a writing style, I ma not sure just yet on HP criteria for determining what makes a quality hub. If you are pro writer then I can imagine, it is easy to cash in (?). I like writing and put the same effort into every article in my blog. Just hope people like the subjects I write about.

1. profile image0

It wasn't my writing style, it was my subject matter.

2. sharingknowledge profile image71

Thank you so much. Will focus on that the errors but I use British English rather than the US English. How do I do that then?

6. Keith Ham profile image61
    Keith Hamposted 11 years ago

Too long of titles, need to condense it! All my non-featured hubs are far more likely to get views apparently, since they do. So I wouldn't worry. Just write as much hubs as possible.

Thanks. Will improve and find a way of making the sentences shorter.

7. Keith Ham profile image61
    Keith Hamposted 11 years ago

They do, constantly lol

1. MelissaBarrett profile image57

Then they are featured.

Google can't see non-featured hubs.

Edit.. Yes, I know it can see them, but it doesn't put them in it's search engine results.

2. sharingknowledge profile image71

Thanks.

8. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 11 years ago

As the majority of the visitors to HubPages are from the US, it's very unlikely that any significant number of them are going to be looking for info on the Ugandan traffic system.  Those Hubs are going to have a rough time even if you manage to get them featured.

That's true but I have a good traffic to all my Uganda Hubs. Hope that these will too make it to top. Thanks.

9. MountainManJake profile image66
    MountainManJakeposted 11 years ago

Is this a gimmick to get more views to your hubs?

Not as you think. If you look at the Hubs, they are not yet featured and I am editing them right now to see if i will have them featured. Thanks.

10. stuff4kids profile image59
    stuff4kidsposted 11 years ago

Hi,
    I've had a look at the one about road offences. I think I can identify what you need to do to get this featured. Here goes:

1. Correct all your spelling.

2. Break your paragraphs up both visually with line breaks and by re-writing to create short, grammatically correct and easy-to-understand sentences.

3. Correctly attribute your images and use more of them.

4. Add a relevant video using the video capsule.

5. Summarize the information in a table capsule.

6. Vary your keywords.

7. Shorten the title.

8. Add a poll using the poll capsule.

9. Ensure that your hub is at least 1150 words and packed with useful or interesting content.

10. Add a dash of humor.

I recommend taking the time to carefully study and implement all the suggestions in the Learning Center. If you do that, your hubs will be featured.

Good luck,  smile

Thank you. Just came back from office and will try the recommendations above.

11. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

True...but even if they're not your own, you're gonna need a hell of a lot more than 7 views to make any money.

1. profile image0

Or you could do what I do... write 1000 hubs and in 5 years time... PAYOUT!

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
        FatFreddysCatposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Is that the secret? Wow. If you'll excuse me, I have 893 more hubs to write. smile

12. sharingknowledge profile image71
    sharingknowledgeposted 11 years ago

I have had two out of the three Hubs I mentioned above featured already. Thank you guys for all the recommendations. Only waiting for one.. I appreciate.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)