Amazon

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)
  1. glynch1 profile image67
    glynch1posted 10 years ago

I have created an astore through Amazon, but have received very few hits (even to view the merchandise). What can I do to improve this performance, if anything?

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
      DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

You have hundreds of hubs,but based on your accolades have almost no traffic. You need traffic to your hubs. Since you are not generating interest on search engines, you really need to visit some forums that deal with the subject you write about, establish your name by answering questions, and then (a few months later--you need to determine this) start posting links to your hubs. 
      You also do not have many followers here, but even if you get them they will probably not click on your store. Focus on forums.
      No traffic=no clicks

2. relache profile image71
    relacheposted 10 years ago

The question you have to honestly ask yourself is "what benefits does your astore offer over going to Amazon itself or any other site offering the same products?"

If you aren't offering a significant benefit (which would have to be informational or experiential since Amazon sets your pricing) that can't be found elsewhere, you probably will never see much traffic.

glynch1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

The authors of the books are all well-known (even "famous") pastors and theologians. I think that is a significant benefit for anyone who wishes to learn the truth.

3. lovebuglena profile image85
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

Where do you use the astore? If you  have a blog for example where you focus on a certain topic/category then having an astore that offers products related to your content may be a great idea as they can checkout the stuff without going to amazon...

4. glynch1 profile image67

I place the capsule for the "astore" at the bottom of each hub. Clicking on it sends the reader right to the bookstore. The store offers books mainly, but it also contains an occasional item containing music.

5. PoeticPhilosophy profile image76
    PoeticPhilosophyposted 10 years ago

I have amazon capsules also, quite a few actually and have had BARLEY any clicks.. I always wonder if I'm doing it right but seeing as It shows I have "other" clicks I must.. I just copy-paste the url of the page product, is this what you do?

Yes. I copy and paste the url of the "astore," but I also give the capsule a subtitle and provide a brief description of the kinds of books the reader will find in the store. I cannot understand why so few have clicked on it.

1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image76
        PoeticPhilosophyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hmm. I never made a "Astore" do you need one or is it just a bonus to have.

2. galleryofgrace profile image71
        galleryofgraceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

glynch1:
        So you're saying you put an ad for your own "astore' on each one of your hubs? Isn't that self promotion- which we're not supposed to do?

I am not promoting myself. The "astore" contains Christian books written by well-known theologians and pastors. Why would you think that I am promoting myself?

6. glynch1 profile image67

I determined that nothing else would be appropriate for the readers of my hubs to purchase besides books related to my subject matter. So, yes, I think if I want to earn something from Amazon, I would do best to try to sell books.

1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image76
      PoeticPhilosophyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sweet thanks.

7. skear profile image93
    skearposted 10 years ago

I've never had any luck with an Amazon Astore and from what I've heard from others this seems to be fairly standard.

In text links to products have always performed better than anything else, including Amazon capsules.

Amazon itself is very good at converting clicks into sales , I don't think the Astores have quite the same effect though.

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Good to know because I've been wondering about this for my own blog. I'll have to look at putting links to products right in the text.

8. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 10 years ago

Why don't you just use the Amazon capsules to sell the books?

I have a few hubs where I have posted Amazon capsules for individual books; however, they have not worked well.  It made sense to me to open a bookstore, giving the readers a greater choice. But I have had few clicks.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Nor are you likely to.  A discussion of a particular religious viewpoint, followed by an invitation (duplicated over every hub) to visit a bookstore is not likely to produce any takers.  And even less likely to produce any buyers.

A discussion of Israel's history of rebellion adjacent to a pitch to buy a book about the rebellions, might.  Even though the reader has come to learn and you are basically telling them "I won't tell you much - you will have to buy the book to learn more", you still just might sell one or two.

But simply presenting a link to a bookstore won't.  It is likely, as well, to be deemed "unrelated" to the hub with time.  A bookstore has no relation to the topic of Israel's rebellions even if there might be a book or two about it, after all.  As you have duplicated the final capsule over every hub you could also run into trouble because of that duplication; certainly Google won't like it.

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Information hubs don't sell Amazon items; sales hubs sell Amazon items.

9. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 10 years ago

Glynch: Astores are essentially a waste of time,  Text links work best for conversions according to the research I have done.  I have a few that are not being used unless I want to find a specific product, I go back to my account and search my Astore to find it. 

A stores: Do not provide a call to action.  People want to know why they should buy your product.  You are better off creating your own website and list your books separately, with information about each book and why your readers should purchase them, 

Here is a tip: Orders report:  You will see Items with no orders: Click on that and you can see your products and numbers of hits on them,   I have used widgets such as the carousel, slide show ans some others recently and getting hits.   I use clickable images and text links which is where my sales come from.

10. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 10 years ago

Glynch: Wrylitt wrote some sales hubs.    People say to write a story, As a reader, or buyer, I could care less about a trip to Aunties house, and she loved this thing, blah, blah blah,.  I want to know about the product.  Unforunately, the various platforms are killing sales articles and want us to write about our dog, or aunt martha.  You can do sales pages best with your own web site.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)