We are Basically BABY GODS [well, not everyone!]

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (117 posts)
  1. Prodio profile image60
    Prodioposted 9 years ago

What it comes down to (the existence of life and its meaning) - in plain language - is this:

There eternally exists an ultimate Spirit/Consciousness, and this consciousness resides beyond what we call and perceive as 'time'. Our physical universe resides inside IT's spiritual world - and - is an expression of its artistic and engineering creativity.

We are - I mean most of us - are direct split of this 'God Spirit Consciousness'. It's like someone breaks his/her index finger and that finger then becomes a little conscious human being, and then it is sent into a small-world specifically designed to fit its size and needs and requirements.

The reason we are here?  -    it's a bit complicated to explain. Just as complicated as to explain the reasons why couples want to have kids of their own.

God wanted to have friends whom He can love, and who can love Him in return. He didn't want to create some unconscious spiritual program. But He wanted to have 'real people'. Conscious entities who are as good as He is.

Entities who can create for Him opportunities for loneliness...  and reunion.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Nice statements, but they would be much better for a little evidence.

What can you provide, for instance, showing there is an eternal entity, or that our universe is a part of it's?  And no, scripture whether from the bible, Koran or any other "holy" writings does not count.

What can you point to clearly showing your god wants friends it can love and not dog food for it's pet?

Prodioposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It can be 'shown' that this 'Consciousness' (God) indeed exists. But it requires some effort, because, you see, we are, in terms of size and scope, quite small and weak when compared to the physical existence (the universe).

We are subject to its 'unchangeable' laws and must function within their limits. In that sense - we are not really 'free'. We can't live forever, if we want to. We cant really search (physically) the edges of the universe and see if there is an 'other side'.

As such - we must rely on the clues and hints that we encounter during our 'not so free', and short, lifespan. We must be open to grander possibilities and must be willing to learn. If so - we may begin to understand that the 'spiritual' is indeed a reality.

And that this is the *source* of everything that we have ever encountered.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image53
          EncephaloiDeadposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If it was shown to you, then you should be able to show it to us. Please do. Or, will we now be subject to a host of lame excuses as to why you can't show your 'Consciousness' (God) ?

Wait a bit. I'm on the way...  smile

Ah, a lame excuse. As suspected. smile

I can't 'show' that over the internet. In real-life setting - yes. These things require direct physical contact.

And that requires a 'little' organizational setup, a little funding, and - most importantly - the willingness and courage to make a positive change in the world.

I'm on the way...

Is that's the 'lame excuse' that you suspected?

Yes, it is a lame excuse. Thanks for offering it.

That's how you see it.

And you're not actually seeing it - maybe because you are unwilling to see. Yet, you can be equally thanked for offering it. And I do.

2. profile image0
                  Emile Rposted 9 years agoin reply to this

A little funding. Sounds familiar.

Well, zero funding - now, is everything okay? I'll travel the world on my feet. And eat biscuits in hotel rooms.

3. profile image0
                  Rad Manposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ahh, funding… Surprise. What do you need $100, $1000 or $10,000? I'll wire it right to you. I have way to much money and no one to give it to. Just post your name and address and I'll get you whatever you want. I can't wait to see you prove God exists.

2. profile image0

God wanted to have friends so he created us tiny pathetic creature that can't even begin to comprehend his intelligence. I guess it's like me wanting friends so I create ants.

Something seems off here.

2. Prodio profile image60
    Prodioposted 9 years ago

Your 'belief' on a hadron collider got zero funding. hahaha

1. profile image0

I have no idea what that means. What belief are you speaking of. They do exist, you know.

Well, you seem to 'believe' that a large hadron collier has a utility and purpose to serve. and you seem to believe that it will achieve that - and therefore you wouldn't mind if your money is supporting that project.

So - you have beliefs on something - and that is paying it money.

1. profile image0

OK. If you place your personal beliefs on the same level as scientific research I could see why you might think you deserved funding for rolling things around in your head. I don't see where your personal musings are of as much use to me (or, for that matter, humanity) but you are certainly free to believe what you want. Sounds like an ego trip. But, that's just my opinion.

Well - as you said correctly - that is an opinion.

1. profile image0

As are your beliefs.

What matters now is who's getting the funding.

1. profile image0

Only if you place your personal musings on the same level as scientific research. Unfortunately for you, you would be the only person willing to do that.

It seems that you have a pretty solid faith on scientific researches.

3. Prodio profile image60
    Prodioposted 9 years ago

The point is that you've missed the point.

1. profile image0

I think the larger point is that I think you have no valid point. smile

"I can not 'demonstrate' that through the internet. It would require a real life setting to 'show' these things..

And, for that, I need a 'little' organizational setup, a little funding, and - most importantly - the willingness and courage to make a positive change in the world.

I'm on the way..."

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2590180

[Well, it was there waiting for you, and you've missed it. Very good. It would be, however, another issue if you think that what have said there is irrational - and therefore is not a 'valid point''.]

(note - I had to rearrange a few words because hubpages doesn't allow to repeatedly post identical replies.)

1. profile image0
          HowardBThinameposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You said:

""I can not 'demonstrate' that through the internet. It would require a real life setting to 'show' these things.. "

The fact is - if you had some sort of "knowledge," some way to physically "demonstrate" your evidence - you could easily explain your process. You cannot - or will not.

That leaves one of two conclusions and neither are complimentary. You're either making this up as you go (highly likely), or you're locked in a con and you're just waiting for a silly poster to bite.

1. profile image0

+1

You seem to be rather very intelligent - because you seem to jump onto conclusions pretty quickly, without much laborious effort or consideration.

"The fact is - if you had some sort of "knowledge," some way to physically "demonstrate" your evidence - you could easily explain your process. You cannot - or will not."

Well, that is equal to asking to elaborate the process, through which one can demonstrate that things like 'love' or 'hatred' or 'empathy' or 'kindness' - indeed exist.

If you haven't experienced these things before - in your life - or have an idea what these things might be like - then whatever I tell you over the internet, will not be sufficient to convince you of their existence.

You might actually outright reject to accept that these things ever exist in our world. If you are more advanced - then you might try to convince me instead, that there is no room for these things in the electrical impulses that pass through the nervous system.

The same applies to the process of demonstrating that the ultimate Spirit/Consciousness (God) - indeed exists - and is a reality. If you want to have it through the internet - then I expect that you meet the prerequisites.

Otherwise - it requires real life setting - direct, immediate contact.

1. profile image0

Prodio, you said:

” Well, that is equal to asking to elaborate the process, through which one can demonstrate that things like 'love' or 'hatred' or 'empathy' or 'kindness' - indeed exist.”

Since the dawn of time philosophers and authors have written reams of books that describe just that. They elaborate on the mechanics, physically, emotionally and ethereally on the subjects of love, hate, kindness and empathy. An honest person who wants to help others does not play, “I have a secret and I’m not sharing unless you meet my criteria.” 

” If you haven't experienced these things before - in your life - or have an idea what these things might be like - then whatever I tell you over the internet, will not be sufficient to convince you of their existence.”

So – if I am not convinced, you’ve lost nothing.

” You might actually outright reject to accept that these things ever exist in our world. If you are more advanced - then you might try to convince me instead, that there is no room for these things in the electrical impulses that pass through the nervous system.”

Again, if I reject it – no loss. Nothing ventured – nothing gained. If I convince you that your opinion is faulty – and if you end up believing me – then your theory was false to begin with, right? And, if I do not convince you – again – no harm – no foul.

” The same applies to the process of demonstrating that the ultimate Spirit/Consciousness (God) - indeed exists - and is a reality. If you want to have it through the internet - then I expect that you meet the prerequisites.

By asking for “prerequisites” you admit, by default, that your theory is shaky. For, were it true – it could not be threatened. Reality cannot be threatened and if it’s not reality- it simply does not exist. I’m guessing you’re going to expound on “we’re all vibration” or “we are all universal conscience in physical form,” type of a thing.

But – you have nothing new – if you did – you would be singing it from the rooftops.

"But – you have nothing new – if you did – you would be singing it from the rooftops."

- Well, only time will tell that.

As I said earlier - you're not a deep thinker.

You didn't (totally) understand what I conveyed. Well, it is obvious that people have written books on 'love' and 'kindness' and etc. But that's not what I said.

Did they write down (in their books), what these things ('love', 'kindness', 'empathy' etc) actually are - what makes them up - what material exactly makes up love and all those things? Where are they located? Are they made of atoms - or radiation - or what?

Can they - despite all their expertise on these subjects - ever convince someone - that there exists a relationship of love, between two people? Or that someone is kind to an animal? How do they do that? What  mechanical devices do they use to 'detect' and 'measure' love - hatred - happiness?

Does the existence of these 'feelings/emotions' depend solely on the evidences that establish them in our reality?

If an infant were raised in an extreme hostile environment - where there is only death, abuse and violence before him/her - could you - ever - convince that child what 'kindness' - truly is? Or what 'love' really is like?

If you read him/her aloud all the books that "since the dawn of time philosophers and authors have written that describe and elaborate on the mechanics, physically, emotionally and ethereally on the subjects of love, hate, kindness and empathy" - would he/she understand what those books really meant?

Without the relevant prerequisites - it would be a waste of time and effort to take up such an enterprise. It requires firsthand experience in real life setting.

I would definitely not lose anything if I write down the process - step by step - and if you do not understand. Agreed. But I must be convinced that I'm not trying myself before the undeserving.

All you're doing is backing up lame excuses with logical fallacies. Next.

Thanks again.

2. profile image0

Prodio, you said:

"As I said earlier - you're not a deep thinker. "

Be that as it may - I can spot a charlatan.

"I would definitely not lose anything if I write down the process - step by step - and if you do not understand. Agreed. But I must be convinced that I'm not trying myself before the undeserving."

In this - you give yourself away. The "undeserving." You fail to understand that truth - real truth - is available to all - or it is a figment of your imagination.

Separating people into the deserving and the undeserving smacks of far Eastern philosophies - the creation of caste systems. This is beginning to smell more like mind altering meditation, which, is little more than brainwashing and self-deception.

You're not looking for the "deserving." You're looking for a patsy that isn't bright enough not to know you're peddling false enlightenment. Dangle that carrot and hope that someone is emotionally weak enough to follow it.

We have our share of the Jim Joneses and the David Koreshes of the world.

That road leads to ruin.

If you have a shred of integrity - lay out your system - or peddle your wares elsewhere.

You do not seem to be deserving.

2. EncephaloiDead profile image53

Sorry, but that is a fallacy. We can all experience and understand love, hatred, empathy, etc.

What you are claiming is not remotely related because only you have this alleged knowledge and not us. That is why we are asking you to demonstrate.

But, obviously we all do experience those things and don't need you or anyone else to explain them to us.

But, we don't, hence the fact you are using a fallacy.

Whatever.

If we can experience and understand love, hatred, empathy, etc., and don't need you or anyone else to demonstrate it for us, then we have already met the prerequisites, the very same ones you possess.

Nonsense, we have not had any direct, immediate contact. If you can have that, so can we. But, since we have not and you have, you need to demonstrate it. But, you can't, because you are making it up as you go along. You surely can't believe we are so dim witted to not be able figure that out?

Thanks.

2. profile image0

I read that.  I think HowardBThiname explained better than I did why you have no valid point.

+1 smile

4. flpalermo profile image61
    flpalermoposted 9 years ago

You almost got it.....almost.
    flpalermo

Thank you.

I excluded a few things for the sake of brevity.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
        Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Chocolate contains a lot of fat and sugar. if it did not contain so much fat and sugar, it would not taste yummy. Prodio, you are prodding those who do not want either the fat or the sugar. Just the chocolate. Why do you try to offer them more than what they want?? They like the bitterness of life. So, my advice is to just let them have it!
        Each to their own!

1. profile image0

The bitterness of life? False claims are not 'sugar'. False hopes are not 'fat'. Reality is not bitter. It is only those who perceive it as such who are in need of pretending that imaginary 'sugar' and 'fat' are necessary additives.

Thanks for the followup, Kathryn. Someone said something quite interesting recently:  "God needs a marketing department."

As I see it - human spirituality is overdue a major update: it needs to be established as a reality. Currently - it is not. That's why we've got all these atheists and agnostics telling everyone that they are mad if *they* believe in God - or afterlife - or such things.

This attitude, however - is not only restricted to school curriculum and talk shows. But this attitude - side by side with 'religious attitude' (which has done a major harm to humanity, as well) - is running the world.

Both turn out to be wrong, when we investigate them microscopically (going as deep as we can - and evaluating them).

We need a serious update. I'm into it. Let's see what happens.

1. Righteous Atheist profile image58
            Righteous Atheistposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Objectively? I think that word does not mean what you think it means. wink

2. EncephaloiDead profile image53

lol Sorry, but reality establishes itself, we have nothing to do with that, we don't simply declare something that is reality if it has no evidence for it's existence and has been part of myth and superstition for a very long time.

hahaha

So you're back again with your infantile emoticon? hahaha

3. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How do you investigate (microscopically, no less) something that by definition is not of or in this universe?  To date, we have never found a method of detecting any such thing.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Q. 'How do you investigate (microscopically, no less) something that by definition is not of or in this universe?" ( I would add... and macroscopically)
            A.  In one word: Intuition.
            Q. How does one develop intuition?
            A. In one word: Calmness.
            It becomes quite scientific.

1. profile image0

Intuition - ah yes, that habit our brain has of presenting us with hunches, feelings and opinions, based on knowlege we've acquired but no longer remember.

The brain is a marvelous organ. Here's a good explanation:

"In the 1970s, University of Massachusetts psychologist Seymour Epstein, PhD, developed his "cognitive experiential self theory." In it, he points out that human beings process information through two systems: Just as we learn things consciously all the time--the cognitive part of the theory--we also learn things experientially, without realizing we've learned them.

"Intuition is just the things we've learned without realizing we've learned them. And sometimes they're useful. Sometimes they're maladaptive," Epstein says."

http://www.apa.org/monitor/mar05/knowing.aspx

I've learned to trust my intuition and most of the time it serves me very well. As you say - it's quite scientific.

Thank you for the link to that article, it linked to another article regarding the failure of intuition and the many problems it's use causes. It certainly does explain a lot of how believers operate:

Because intuition operates on a gut level, its judgment is compelling. People develop heuristics--mindsets to view the world--using this system.

And that's where we can get into trouble. "Intuition leads us astray because it's not very good at picking up flaws in the evidence," Gilovich says. "It will be faulty when the world conspires against us and presents information that is unrepresentative and misleading."

http://www.apa.org/monitor/mar05/misfires.aspx

2. profile image0

Oh dear me…

Our Intuition is a product of our evolution and was intended to help keep us alive while roaming bare footed across Africa. It's very effective at instantly letting us know what can be dangerous given things we've seen and learned from the past. However that is how it should be used as that is how it's effective. When used instead of reason for things that are not things like it's intent (survival, or avoiding harm) it will be wrong most of the time, and you can check that by using reason.

For example if intuition is telling you that spirituality should be thought of as fact then reason will show you that there is nothing factual about something that can't be tested in some way.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Why do you try to refute the one thing that will get us out of this mess? The only way out is to intuit that God loves us and wants us to come home and that we can leave any time we want to rejoin Him. Why try to crush the undreamed of possibilities of others?

Well - you know this very well - that some people think (actually, they believe it) that there is nothing after *physical* death.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Well, you know this very well, that many people have experienced life after/beyond death in some way or another. Jesus was one.

What are your thoughts on telepathy?

2. profile image0

That must be more of your intuition thinking. Try to remember what intuition is for and then try to remember what reason is for.

http://www.wjh.harvard.edu/~jgreene/Gre … JEPG11.pdf

2. flpalermo profile image61
        flpalermoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Speak to me son, I will never know what's in your mind.

1. flpalermo profile image61
          flpalermoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps you mean that we are gods "in conception"?

"You almost got it.....almost."

So (I'm assuming) - you meant that the 'Opening Post' of this thread doesn't have the 'full' picture (it doesn't have the meaning in its entirety) - while - it conveys almost the entire account - excluding a few points here and there (concerning life and God).

In my earlier reply to you - I was suggesting that I kept my 'Opening Post' brief - so that it could have a stronger impact. I have more things to say - and more points to elaborate.

Those (excluded) points might be what you thought to be missing in the 'Opening Post' of this thread. For example - I didn't mention - in my opening post - the subject of evil. There are more such things that I excluded.

Yet, all we can see there is a personal, irrational belief in life and God.

The OP has no impact whatsoever and no elaboration.

Yes, you excluded anything of value that would support the OP.

"Yes, you excluded anything of value that would support the OP."

Change your statement!   hahahaha

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)