Willing SEO Masters - Help (Advice and Guide Us)

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)
  1. profile image0
    KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years ago

First and for most, thank you for visiting this thread. I am slightly a newbie (lol) and I don't have much knowledge on SEO stuff. So I would be very thankful with the rest of other hubbers here on how to increase our SEO ranks and traffics. We would love to here advices to experts. here are some of my following questions:

1. How do we use keywords, do we need to repeat it many times for algorithm purpose. I know some of you is using Adwords for keywords but I wonder how it is inserted on blogs or hubs? In the first part,middle or last part?
    2. I have read that few hubbers are receiving 1k -4k views per day which is absolutely, certainly and definitely awesome (okay, verbal diarrhea). Can you guide us in a simplified manner how and what type of topics drives traffic like that?
    3. Are titles needs to be simple? long?
    4. Do you share your hubs on social sites or pure organic? Do you backlinks? where and how?

I know I have plenty of questions here my friend and sorry, but I am really thirsty for knowledge, don't be greed, hehe please share. For I have already 100 post and i only receive 250-350 views per day which is probably so low than one of our hubbers with 30+ hubs but receiving 1-3K views per day.

What is the secret sauce?

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You say to not be greedy to people who have been here and put in the hours to learn but you seem to want people to just give you answers without you having to exchange anything for that knowledge.  The secret is there is no secret:  it's just work and experience, same as achieving anything else.

Have you considered that your choice of Hub topics and who your competition is because of those choices may be a very large component as to why you are finding it challenging to get traffic?  Do you know who you are up against for the same audience? 

As for your numbered questions, did you know that HubPages has answered many of them for you and that they have even more info to share in the Learning Center?  http://learningcenter.hubpages.com/

1. profile image0
        KenDeanAgudoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm. I said WILLING people. Beside this thread will be read by thousand of hubbers. I find it funny, I ask a question and you're the one who will gonna ask as if your challenging. Anyway, Thanks!!!

1. Barbara Kay profile image73
          Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Getting that much traffic is not the norm for that many hubs. I know one of them that you are talking about and his hubs are seasonal. Right now he may be getting that kind of traffic, but once it is winter he won't be.

You want to use keywords, but you don't want to stuff your hubs with them. Google will count you down for that. Be sure to use your keyword in the title and repeat it a few times throughout your hub.

Use other keywords in your subtitles. I've been surprised what words I've been picked up for by Google that I never meant as keywords.

2. DrMark1961 profile image95
    DrMark1961posted 9 years ago

I am one of those hubbers with the numbers you are looking to reach. I would reccomend you go to the Writer Fox profile page and read his hubs on SEO. All of the answers you are looking for are there, and he has put it in a form that is easily to read and reference.

1. profile image0

Thank you Dr.Mark. I know Writer fox and he is a good hubber. I guess, need to read it by myself.

2. Barbara Kay profile image73
      Barbara Kayposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Wow Dr. Mark. You are doing well. I wish I could attain that kind of traffic.

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
        DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Barbara. I have a lot more than that person who posted his screen shot the other day, but noticed your comment: what a bad idea. I am reluctant to even discuss traffic, as I already have had a lot of my hubs copied, and who knows how many of them have been copied/rewritten.
        If it were not for that problem, I would be willing to participate even more in the forums, since I usually read most of them.

3. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Dr. Mark:  I noticed that you write mostly in one niche area, which it appears you know a great deal about.  I am trying to do the same, but my numbers are nowhere near what yours are.  Of course I have far fewer articles than you do lol!  I have often thought of dumping my other articles and just sticking with my niche, but some of them bring in decent page views, so I leave them lie.  Do you think keeping them may be hurting my authority with Google?

1. DrMark1961 profile image95
        DrMark1961posted 9 years agoin reply to this

According to some very experienced hubbers like Marisa Wright, it does absolutely no good to write in one niche area. I disagree, since many of my hubs are listed on the first page of Google. I write about what I know about, and they must give some value to that.
        (I also use Pinterest but I only get about 100 page views a day from there.)
        So do I think it is a good idea to dump those articles that do not fit? I did. Once I was up to 100, I started deleting Brazilian recipe hubs, others about slacking, gardening, or anything else that did not fit. I hit 100,000 soon after I started, when I had been on HP less than 9 months, and I expect that next accolade by the middle of next month.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Dr. Mark:  Thanks for your input.  I have a way to go before I hit 100 articles in my niche, but what I thought I would do is each time I add a new article, I would drop one from another area that is not performing well.  I have noticed that the more articles I write in a particular area, the more views I get there, which is why I asked this question.  Appreciate hearing your take on this.

3. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 9 years ago

Ken, I think you are picking web topics that are making it a lot harder for you to succeed here, but if you don't want to even consider the possibility let alone discuss it, that's your choice, and I'm fine with it.

1. profile image0

I guess you are right with the topic I choose to write. As far as I have observed, hubs which are more likely written for answering purposes that are used in day to day living engage more traffic. Since I am a student, my target audience are students too, thats why I write topics which are taught in school but I have large competitors like about.com, wikimedia, wiki etc.

Out of curiosity, one hubber share his traffic stat on one forum and I was amazed how he was able to reach thousands of views in just one hub and guess what I have realized, most of it's title starts with "How" and "Why".

To be honest, my biology hubs are getting 20-50 plus views per day which I thought good enough but after seeing that stat of 1k+ views. Blimey! it was really possible to have views like that with just few hubs. This will be a hinge for my topics I guess, I need to experiment if it really works.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)