They should make an app for HubPages!

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)
  1. profile image52
    IT Dudeposted 9 years ago

This would mean it would be easily accessible on the go.
    You would be able to browse through the Forums etc. when you are incredibly bored.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image71
      Matthew Meyerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

There is an old iOS app that was developed by HubPages, but it has not been updated in some time.
      There is an Android app in the Google Play store, but it has nothing to do with HubPages and is simply a web browser that only browses HubPages (do not use this Android app).

We have spent a considerable amount if time improving the mobile browser experience for the site and as such suggest using the mobile site in a browser like Chrome, Opera, Firefox, or Safari.

If you choose "request desktop site" from your mobile browser you can also do things that are not available in the app or mobile version.

1. weezyschannel profile image88
        weezyschannelposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I do like the fact on the app I can upload photos I have taken from my phone.. this way they are available right there when I start my article

2. lovebuglena profile image86
    lovebuglenaposted 9 years ago

There is a HubPages App already in existence. smile

3. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

The "new" app was introduced this past November,

http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/11/introd … obile-hub/

1. lovebuglena profile image86
      lovebuglenaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I checked out the link and it looks like it's not an actual app but simply the site being made for mobile browsing.

4. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

Is the HP responsive design for mobile devices what you'd term an actual 'app'?

5. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

No, I snagged the wrong link.  The mobile app is older, that should have been obvious to me... I need to multi-task today with fewer tasks at once it would seem.

Apparently we have a Mechanical Turk App,

http://hubpages.com/faq/#hopper-mechanical-turk

1. Jayne Lancer profile image92
      Jayne Lancerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Matthew Meyer says on this thread that there is an Android app for HP, but that it has no real features, and is not associated with HP. He also recommends not using it:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/121213#post2571023

6. weezyschannel profile image88
    weezyschannelposted 9 years ago

there is an app for HP-  Its just limited but does basic checking

1. mattforte profile image88
      mattforteposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No there isn't. That app wasn't created by the HubPages team, and it doesn't do anything you can't do in your browser window. It is completely useless, and I would bet it keeps/sends information you don't want sent.

I'd just give up on the idea of an Android app. It is too hard to publish content on a mobile device, even if there were an app. And since the HubPages team for quite some time now has only been interested in coming up with new ways to entice users to churn out as much (mostly garbage) content as possible, an app would do nothing to benefit their needs, and would take too long to develop.

1. weezyschannel profile image88
        weezyschannelposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I found an app for the iPhone..I can upload pictures to the library, check on earnings, stats, hop hubs, go to forum , q & a's...the only thing I can't do is update my articles which I would only do from a desktop anyway..

Are we talking about the same app matforte? i just like it for when I am on the go and need to check my comments, etc..

7. weezyschannel profile image88

I'm using the app right now to comment and my doing something that I shouldn't me if I am let me know guys.

8. weezyschannel profile image88

Sorry spellcheck really stinks. I meant to say I'm using the app right now to comment am I doing something I should not be? Is there something seriously wrong with this app? I've been using it for over a year now

9. Jayne Lancer profile image92
    Jayne Lancerposted 9 years ago

Yes, it seems there is a HubPages iPhone app available:  https:// itunes.apple. com/us/app/hubpages/id376044783?mt=8

10. Paul Edmondson profile imageSTAFF
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

When we built the first app a photo couldn't be uploaded from a smartphone. Now they can. We will likely work on a better mobile web version in the near term over platform dependent apps.

11. weezyschannel profile image88

I'd like to be able to edit an article from my phone  but just being able to check on things is nice enough right now so I'm not complaining. May be a notification of a comment or any notifications at  all with sounds would be good

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)