Received an Email from Squidoo

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)
  1. sundaramponnusamy profile image89
    sundaramponnusamyposted 9 years ago

The following email is from Squidoo???

"Here’s some good news, big news, news that will open some new possibilities for you…

HubPages is acquiring key content from Squidoo, creating the largest site of its kind in the world.

For nearly a decade, both Squidoo and HubPages have provided a home for content creators online. We’ve made it easy for people to use our platforms to share content that they care about, to tell stories, write articles and link to places that matter to them. Over the years, more than four billion visits have been made to the two sites, which host content from more than five million people.

Today, we’re announcing that as a result of this acquisition, Squidoo is moving the best of its content to HubPages. They’re the industry leader, continually pushing the envelope in terms of their content, its presentation and the traffic and traction they get online. The best way we know to serve our users is to give them an even better place for their content, and when I talked with Paul Edmondson at HubPages, it became clear to both of us that combining these platforms leads to a stronger, more efficient, more generous way to share great stuff online.

Starting in a few weeks, all traffic to Squidoo will automatically be redirected to the relevant pages on HubPages instead. We’ve been busy building transfer tools that will make it easy (and mostly automatic) for content to move from the Squidoo site to HubPages. Together with some members of the Squidoo team, I’ll be working with HubPages to ensure that we make the best possible transition and impact going forward. Squidoo pages will cease to be visible in September or early October.

You don’t have to wait a few weeks to get started, though! Click on the ‘get started’ button on your dashboard and you’ll be able to set up your HubPages settings as well as start building new pages there while you wait for the transfer to be complete (and your transfers will get done first).

It’s important to note that we’ll only be moving our highest rated and most useful content to HubPages. Some pages won’t be making the move, and will no longer be hosted online, so it’s prudent to go to your dashboard and download an archive of what you’ve built so you can keep it forever.

Click here for a faq to see answers to commonly asked questions about this move

You can start using the HubPages platform right away just by clicking the Set Up Your Transfer button on your dashboard. As your lenses are automatically moved, you’ll see the steps on how to set up an account that will help you earn money from your pages. Payment will continue uninterrupted (between us, the two companies have enabled our users to earn tens of millions of dollars for themselves and their causes!)

If you don’t do anything, you’ll get a notice by email and on your dashboard when the transfer is completed and your pages are live. At that point, you have to click on the link and activate your HubPages account in order to make changes and earn money.

If you’d rather not have your account and content moved to HubPages, don’t worry. There are instructions on your dashboard about how to download your data so you can take it with you, as well as a big button that lets you delete your Squidoo account. As long as you do this by August 29, 2014 none of your data will be moved.

We’re doing this now so we can have as much in place by October 1 as possible… just in time for Halloween.

It’s never easy to end a project (sometimes it’s even harder than starting one), but the Squidoo team has always been focused on what’s best for you, our users, and it’s clear to us that Paul and his team have built a platform that will help you reach your goals even faster than we can do it alone. Moving these assets to HubPages opens the door for even more magic.

You’ll certainly see many familiar Squidoo faces when you browse around HubPages, but some of the Squidoo staff will be moving on to new projects. I hope you’ll join me in thanking the extraordinary team that’s pioneered so many of the tools we use every day, and even better, that you’ll celebrate with ever better content that will be seen by ever more people.

Have fun. Make a ruckus. Do good work.

Thanks for the magic you make, and for being kind and generous.

-Your friends the Squids."

1. Arachnea profile image67
      Arachneaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You can start here to get on the band wagon:  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/123855.

2. relache profile image72
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This was announced by both Squidoo and HubPages last Friday.

3. profile image0
      Donna Cookposted 9 years agoin reply to this

How very tacky! Post on Friday-giving 9 days to edit lenses to fit HP's TOS. Finally, an email four days later, leaving only 5 days for editing. I guess it could have been worse, they could have just shut down without notice. I'll never use, buy, or read anything from Seth Grodin again.

1. relache profile image72
        relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I like how you demonstrated your ire by misspelling his name.  That'll show him.

2. lisavollrath profile image93
        lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I think it's just business. I don't hold any hostility toward Seth or anyone else at Squidoo. I'm glad they found a place for our content to land, instead of just closing up shop and leaving us to fend for ourselves. Now that would have been tacky!

As for the short window for editing, I'm not even bothering with it. I did go in and kill off a few lenses that I just don't think will work over here at HubPages. I'm leaving the rest until after the migration, so I can edit and reformat to fit into the new tools. In the interim, I'm building new hubs and learning how things work, so later, I can do all that editing and reformatting quickly.

Mostly, I'm just rolling with it...

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
    FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

You're a few days late to the party...

3. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 9 years ago

I peeked in on the Forums at Squidoo yesterday. Looks like everybody got it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)