Moving over from Squidoo but will my lenses survive the transfer?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Cari Kay 11 profile image87
    Cari Kay 11posted 9 years ago

Hello.  I am Cari_Kay from Squidoo but now Cari Kay 11 here.

I am reading more about Hubpages and am wondering if I should even let the system transfer my pages.

The vast majority of my pages are on misdiagnosed miscarriage topics and I have a lot of links that go to individual stories on my Misdiagnosed Miscarriages website.  The links aren't making me money.  For example, I have a page on pregnancies still being viable even when hCG levels are very high and no gestational sac is seen.  I know women want to actually read the posts of each example I've shared. 

Over the seven years I've had my pages on Squidoo, I've received countless emails and comments from women whose own babies have been saved as a result of these stories.  These articles are so important to me as a result. 

So, my question is whether or not I should just start transferring my pages elsewhere because they won't be allowed here? 

Thank you ahead of time for all comments.  I so appreciate it.

2. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

More than two links to any one domain on a Hub will get you moderated.

Linking to the same one domain from every Hub, even just the two links, can also result in moderation due to over promotion.

If your Hubs(lenses) can't answer people's questions without driving them to your sites first, your content won't survive here at all.  If it can answer their questions without doing that, it can survive, but you'll have to accept that you're going to be driving a LOT less traffic to your own domain.

3. Cari Kay 11 profile image87
    Cari Kay 11posted 9 years ago

Good to know.  Thank you.  My only goal is to help women so this may not be the best place for my lenses.  I appreciate the feedback.

4. relache profile image72
    relacheposted 9 years ago

Cari, your content will be tricky anywhere that Google advertising, aka AdSense, is involved because of how they've chosen to handle such material.  That's what's actually underpinning all the content policies here.

Cari Kay 11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've been thankful that Google has been good with my Misdiagnosed pages.  Google drives most of my traffic.  Even when Squidoo was hurt from the Google fallout, I was still good.  I've had my account with AdSense for years now with no issues.  I totally understand the policy though smile

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

HubPages does err very far on the safe side in their interpretation of the Adsense rules, which is tough on anyone who writes on sensitive topics.  However you can understand why they do so, because the whole site relies on Adsense and they simply can't afford to risk losing their account.

I always thought the chances of that were small, so they were making too much fuss - until Wizzley lost their account because someone uploaded ONE image that Adsense didn't like!   Luckily they were able to get reinstated but it made me realise why HubPages are so careful. 

If your main goal is to direct women to your website, which is where the bulk of your information is, then have you considered spreading those articles across multiple sites, instead of concentrating them in one place?   That would give your site a better backlink profile and also spread your message more widely.  You need only one or two articles on each site.   Look at Wizzley, Infobarrel, Seekyt, Zujava, and also search for blogs which would be interested in a guest post (in return for a link back to your site).  Each of those sites has their own interpretation of the Adsense rules so some will allow "naughty words" and some won't.

Cari Kay 11posted 9 years agoin reply to this

I am pondering that and a couple other possibilities.  I so appreciate the feedback.  Just have to adapt...working on that smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)