Teens and marijuana

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (20 posts)
  1. Amanda Krzyz profile image59
    Amanda Krzyzposted 9 years ago

I would like to hear from fellow parents of teens.  What is your feeling on teenagers and marijuana.  I know as a teen, I was a lot more wild than my 16 year old daughter is.  I also know I kept a lot of secrets.  If my daughter were to smoke marijuana, I would want her to come to me and tell me.  Personally, I would rather her decide to smoke marijuana than drink alcohol. I am not saying I give her the OK, or encourage her.  What are your feelings?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
      Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Self-induced Mental Retardation.
      So fun, so hip, so cool.
      Uh, why?
      Boundaries, Mom!
      Please!

"No messing up the perfect brain and consciousness which you were born with
           under
                  ANY
                       circumstance!"
      PS The brain is still developing, especially the frontal lobe where the sense of time is located. Pot weakens the will and softens gums of the teeth. The metabolic effects stay in the body for two weeks.)

Alcohol is filtered out of the body rapidly but softens the brain. It actually causes the brain to be mushy…and it is very hard on liver and kidneys. Not to mention, withdrawal symptoms can occur the very next day causing you to feel lousy.

She will listen and be grateful for your counsel and your love for her.

Hopefully, she will have the strength to pass this attitude on to her friends. You will play a part in stopping to break the cycle of drug/substance abuse and all that goes along with it. We only have one brain. Our consciousness depends on it working perfectly.
      It is such a great word. We all need to learn how to use it:

N O

Plus, you don't want to know if she experiments! You are not her friend. Stay in a position of authority. It is the only way to help her develop a conscience. It will help her recognize and avoid the bad guys, as well.

While all their friends were experimenting, my children knew it was bad for them. My kids drink socially now that they are in their 30's, but do not have any issues with drinking. Neither ever smoked Pot.

2. Cgenaea profile image61
    Cgenaeaposted 9 years ago

I have heard that marijuana is a better drug than alcohol, tobacco, and any other street drug.
    I have heard one of my professors say, "I know a few very astute and competent people who smoke everyday."
    The experts also say that we should have open conversation with our children about drugs and sex.
    I think it a bad idea to "pat her on the back" about it. It's illegal here. But definitely talk. (If you will smile ).

Dope is for Dopes.
      roll

3. Cgenaea profile image61

Judge not... no one is asking that anyone here, indulge.
    My professor was at the top of her game. She stated differently. And her title was Dr.

Discriminate wisely. Decide for yourself what promotes abundant life. Does smoking pot contribute to your health? Will it help fulfill your potential, help you reach goals and fulfill ambitions? Will smoking pot give you TRUE joy of life?

No.

Pot is for the sick and dying.
      Obviously.

1. Cgenaea profile image61
        Cgenaeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Cool opinion. smile and I accept it fully and wholeheartedly, as such.
        However, I just gave witness to a Doctor who says differently than you. Remember?  "...very astute, competent..."

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Your doctor carries a different opinion on what is important and useful in our life.  To live a dream, to pretend that reality is different than it is, to disrupt the pathways of our brain resulting in a false perception of the world; these are the results of any mind altering drug.  And your doctor finds them reasonable and useful; others do not.

"Reasonable and useful???" Really??? smile lol...
            She (the doctor) stated that she knows people who use marijuana daily, who also are astute and competent. That's it...

KLH's Definition of the Day:
              "argumentative |ˌärgyəˈmentətiv| adjective
              1 given to expressing divergent or opposite views:
              2 using or characterized by systematic reasoning:
              argumentatively adverb ,
              argumentativeness noun" Dictionary

2. wilderness profile image96

And I have met people who have used daily for years and are a total waste of space.  Does that make her observation more astute?  More valuable?  Or just more in line with what you wish to believe?

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image76
    Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years ago

"Alcohol consists of one substance only: ethanol. Marijuana contains more than 400 known chemicals, including the same cancer-causing substances found in tobacco smoke. Unlike cigarette smokers, pot smokers tend to inhale deeply and hold the smoke as long as possible to increase the effect of the drug, worsening the damage to the lungs.

Alcohol is eliminated from the body in a few hours, but THC stays in the body for weeks, possibly months, depending on the length and intensity of usage.

THC damages the immune system. Alcohol does not.
    There is no intention here to minimize the dangers of alcohol abuse, which can be equally harmful. Users, however, need to be aware that the chemicals in marijuana, some of them cancer-causing, remain in the body long after the drug is taken."
    http://www.drugfreeworld.org/drugfacts/ … ml#alcohol

Are these the same people who promote Ritalin, Percocet, Valium, Codeine???

No, actually. Why do you ask?

5. Cgenaea profile image61

They too have harsh effects. People steal for these.
    We will not have a weed debate though. I gave my opinion and I can happily leave it there.

- well, Good!

6. Cgenaea profile image61

Well no, Wilderness, my idea is not that her opinion is more valuable. It just shows the other side of the reefer coin. It probably aint weed that makes dumb, the dumb already...

IMHO anyone that uses mind altering drugs on a daily basis is already dumb.  We KNOW that they all cause brain damage to various degrees, and living in a pretend reality isn't worth it.

And I'm sure EVERYONE appreciates YHO... I sure do. smile

LOL  They certainly should! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)