Stolen Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (37 posts)
  1. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 9 years ago

I came across someone who calls himself  Sfhqeelley.  He or she has several stolen hubs on his site
    including my own Pictures to Painting - highly annoying is this is the third one stolen this week.  Even more annoying is the fact that his 'hubs' meaning ours, have higher ratings than our own.  I would like to post a link to this page but don't want to give him any more publicity.  I could do with some help in getting rid of him or her. 
    The ones I found are:-
    How to Make a Lego Video Without Showing Your Hands
    Stone Carvings of Cambodia
    10 Ways To Destroy A Good Watercolor Brush
    Religious Themed Art Paintings inside Houston's MFA
    Safety Tips for Quilters
    How To Make A Hemp Bracelet
    Free Fractal Art Software

Thanks,

Sally

1. Writer Fox profile image30
      Writer Foxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

What is the name of the site?

sallybeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Writer fox - to be honest - this is a strange one - http://    sfhqeelley  .blox.pl/html.  I put a few spaces in the link  Perhaps you can tell me how it should be done!
        Thank you.

2. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi Sally I found the host for that website and their information is as follows:

Agora TC Sp. z o.o.
      Czerska 8/10
      00-732 Warszawa
      POLAND
      phone:   +48 22 5554354
      fax:  +48 22 5555613
      e-mail:  lir@agora.pl

Send the DMCA Info similar to how HP does it to the email provided. Add in the email that one of their hosted domains has violated your copyright. It makes no sense filing with Google since Google can only remove the website from its search engine. There are many other search engines out there that Google has no control over.

Hello Cardisa,

I had given up after two failed attempts to file DMCA's .  I am so appreciate of your attempt to help me, thank you.

Sally

1. Cardisa profile image88
          Cardisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I know how frustrating it can be but NEVER give up your rights to your own content!

Much love,

Cardisa

Thank Cardisa - so nice to see you back again:)

2. thestudiobydeb profile image62
    thestudiobydebposted 9 years ago

Put a copyright notice at the bottom of all of your work. Warn him that the server keeps a record of when you posted content and this is legal proof of your original work and that if he does it again, you'll have to forward it to your attorney.

I do add a copyright sign - the hubpages one on all of my hubs.   I am afraid an attorney is not anyone I would use - ha - I don't make enough here to pay an attorney to remove stolen content.

2. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

File a notice of infringement per DMCA guidelines, and be done with it.

Why waste time on anything else?

I would love to but I cannot work out who to file one with in this case.  It appears to be a polish site called blox and there is no email address for the person who has stolen the hubs.

1. relache profile image73
          relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

So?  File it to the domain host.

2. Marketing Merit profile image94
        Marketing Meritposted 9 years agoin reply to this

DMCA legislation will not apply if the site is hosted in Poland.
        Get the sites deindexed by filing complaints to Google and any other search engines you may feel are relevant.

I have successfully had sites taken down in the UK, as a copyright infringement, but you cannot rely on DMCA to protect you worldwide.

1. lisavollrath profile image93
          lisavollrathposted 9 years agoin reply to this

It won't hurt to file a copyright complaint. Poland is part of the WIPO, and has intellectual property laws.
          http://www.wipo.int/members/en/details. … try_id=141

1. Marketing Merit profile image94

Agreed.
            I was just trying to make the point that US legislation has no jurisdiction as regards the rest of the world.

2. psycheskinner profile image82
          psycheskinnerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

They are a signatory of the international agreements (WIPO etc) that make a correctly filled DMCA form enforceable in Poland, albeit not under a law of that exact name.

1. Marketing Merit profile image94

That was actually the point that I was making in my earlier post.

3. btrbell profile image86
    btrbellposted 9 years ago

Is he on hubpages, Sally? I just went to look and didn't find a user by that name.
    OK. I just found him on line. Send him an email asking him to remove all your hubs (list the titles of each hub) or you will report him.

This is the the email that hubpages recommends. Just change to your own info.:

I am writing to you to avail myself of my rights under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). This letter is a Notice of Infringement as authorized in §512 of the U.S. Copyright Law.

1. The copyrighted work at issue is the text that appears on:

http://btrbell.hubpages.com/hub/5-great-Core-Exercises

2. The URLs where my copyrighted material is located include:

http://www.healthorum.com/2013/02/best- … cises.html

3. My contact information is as follows:

Good luck!

As you found, he is not a HubPages author and I cannot find an email for him.  I did file a DMCA to Bing but am  not sure if this was correct thing to do.

1. lisavollrath profile image93

His pages are hosted on blox.pl, which is a polish site. Go there, run it through Google translate, and find their terms of service. That should lead you to the correct email address for DMCA complaints.

Thanks, that is helpful, I will have another go.

I should have mentioned that there is another whole page of Hubs which I have not listed here.

2. btrbell profile image86
        btrbellposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sally...When I don't find an email, I go to the home page and try to find a contact me or a place to submit questions or comments. That usually gets their attention. I have only had one who didn't remove it immediately but, in the end, he took it down.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Even mentions Hub Pages     http://sfhqeelley.blox.pl/html

Also found this: Sfhqeelley
    sfhqeelley.blox.pl/
    Name: Anderson Bartels My age: 31 Country: Great Britain City: Malden ZIP: KT4 1SS Street: 46 Cunnery Rd.

5. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago

Why not file DMCA with Google.

Thanks will do.

2. lisavollrath profile image93

Address to do that, in case anyone needs it:
      https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/dmca-dashboard

That is very kind and helpful - thank you.

6. Theresa Franklin profile image69
    Theresa Franklinposted 9 years ago

How did you realize someone was stealing your hubs? Surely, you didn't just come upon one.  Is there a way to look at your account and know that?

No, in this case I got a warning on the actual Hub from HubPages to say that it was likely that my work had been stolen.   I do however, regularly cut and paste a section of my text into Google, to see if someone has stolen the content.  It will come up if it has been stolen.
      The warning you get from HubPages does not always come with the info required to file a DMCA.  For someone such as myself who is not so well versed in doing these things, it can be complicated.  I am self taught and the terminology used is sometimes difficult for me to understand.  I guess I will get better as time goes on:)

7. Melovy profile image92
    Melovyposted 9 years ago

Sallybea, just wondering how you got with this - was filing to blox.pl successful? One of my hubs has been copied by a different user on that site. (At least I think it's someone else, since the url is vwxicki0utqs.blox.pl )

No, I have failed at all attempts so far but am going to have another go with the email which Cardisa has provided.

1. Melovy profile image92
        Melovyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your help Sallybea and Cardisa, I will try that address too.

8. profile image0
    abrodechposted 9 years ago

report the hub as stolen on that little flag icon in the corner to alert hubpages administrators to the issue

9. Hendrika profile image69
    Hendrikaposted 9 years ago

I think I will have to start watching my Hubs more. Up to now I have really relied on Hubpages to pick up anything fishy

10. Hendrika profile image69
    Hendrikaposted 9 years ago

Another thing concerning stolen Hubs, If you are not getting any traffic and are not featured  because of that. Your traffic is gone because of the stolen Hub. If I try and fix it, it can do with updating, will it not perhaps be flagged as duplicate content when I republish because of the stolen Hub?

I have never had one flagged, including this one for duplicate content so don't think so.  Perhaps someone else knows the answer to this.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)