Caught a Content thief

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Barack James profile image94
    Barack Jamesposted 9 years ago

Through the Google Analytics Trackbacks; I found that the webpage linking to my hub has all my content from the title to the end, including the last sentence encouraging my readers to leave their comments. This merciful content thief provided a link to my hub at the bottom of the article on his/her web-page which is a subdomain, I know this wount add any value to my page.
    Here is the URL to the stolen content: http://4linkwheelservice4245.jimdo.com/ … -beginner/
    And here is the hub:  http://barackjames.hubpages.com/hub/Goo … ners-Guide

I have never dealt with this kind of issue before and am literally stuck: A detailed "do it yourself guide" will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 9 years ago
  3. tranduyninh profile image60
    tranduyninhposted 9 years ago

If it's me , i will not worry about this, this site just can't do anything with copy content, this site is built for link building purpose and i'm sure no one read this post.

Your post still remain original and always rank higher on google.

1. jimmythejock profile image82
      jimmythejockposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Just a small note to you your Hub that you published, it will not last very long on Hubpages and will be removed for poor quality, I have tried to read it and have already reported it to staff. Hubpages is a site for writers not a link sharing platform so get your facts straight and go away to a site that wants you.

1. Cardisa profile image87
        Cardisaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Tranduyninh, your response to stolen content seems very suspicious. How can you tell a writer not to worry about their content being copied by someone else? The fact that you've been here 5 years with no content makes me wonder about your credibility as a writer and whether or not you yourself are a scraper.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
          gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000(making circular motion, snapping fingers).  Aha, hubscore of 70 and joined 8 hours ago, hmmmm.
          http://s1.hubimg.com/u/11853974.png
          Vvvvvery Interesting, vvvvery interesting......

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60

File a DMCA report.  I gave you the link.   

tranduhninh: Copied content is stolen content is called Plagiarism.

Barack Jamesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The hosting company has just responded with this email: "Dear Sir, Thank you for your message. It has been forwarded to the responsible domain administrator. They will take the required action".

So; since am never patient, I think the next step is to file the DMCA with Google if the Admin fails to respond in few hours time; right?

1. sockii profile image70
          sockiiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I'd give them more than a "few hours". What if those few hours are when a person is sleeping?

I generally give 48 hours for response to a content removal request to be dealt with before elevating the matter to Google.

Makes sense to me; I will give the same 48hrs for them to respond before filing the DMCA with Google, thanks Sokii

3. Barack James profile image94
      Barack Jamesposted 9 years ago

Thanks Linda; I have just sent an email address to the hosting company and to the owner of the site to do the necessary. I am wondering if I can file the DMCA direct with Google; As in, I don't see any possibilty of the site owner and the hosting company responding to my request as quick as I want it.

4. profile image0
      bobtyndallposted 9 years ago

The first link is gone

Wow! This is impressive- never thought it could be that easy to take the site down. I guess the hosting company did it for me smile

5. profile image0
      blbairdposted 9 years ago

Buildreps, JimmytheJock was not talking to Barack James. He was commenting to the poster that said not to worry about dup content.

1. Buildreps profile image83
        Buildrepsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks @blbaird - Oops wrong address. Sorry Jimmy. You're right - good action! Shall we clear up this thread, blbaird?

Its ok Buildreps; me too thought he was addressing me at first. Jimmy was referring to the spammy comment posted by Tranduyninh that I should not worry about the stolen content since the site was just a link building site; despite scrapping my content from A-Z. Am happy though that the hosting company responded so fast and communicated with the site's Admin and the URL is now invalid.

Good to hear Barack James! A few of my Hubs are stolen too, but I discovered it gives extra traffic (in my case) since they copied my name Buildreps in it as well.

6. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Thanksblbaird!  You beat me to it.  My dog was calling me to go out.

7. profile image0
      blbairdposted 9 years ago

Sometimes we just need more coffee in the morning. smile

Yep, and in the evening too smile

8. LindaSmith1 profile image60

Caridsa: You are like Joan Rivers on that one, saying what others haven't or won't say.  I was surely thinking it.  I don't even understand why HP would allow and account , without any content, to sit for 7 years

9. Autumn McNeil profile image67
      Autumn McNeilposted 9 years ago

People on here actually steal other people's work? In entirety? WOW!

1. gmwilliams profile image85
        gmwilliamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No, it's the outsiders who DO THAT!

10. Chauncey St Clair profile image60
      Chauncey St Clairposted 9 years ago

What do you do?  Who do you contact?  That would be upsetting, especially if they end being from India or some far away place where getting some kind of restitution would be really difficult.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)