New to Hubpages- I need your help!

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)
  1. spidergirl364 profile image59
    spidergirl364posted 14 years ago

Hey i've written a few articles and I want to know what people think.  What they like, what they dont like, what I can improve on, etc.  Just dont be too harsh please ^^;

2. Pamda Man profile image58
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

Your hub on self-confidence attracted me. It's quite nice but I think you could add a lot more information on it. Hope that helped!

Panda Man

spidergirl364posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, thanks! smile  I try to make my hubs as long as I can...its kind of hard but ill keep trying!

3. Pamda Man profile image58
    Pamda Manposted 14 years ago

Cool.

4. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 14 years ago

Your self confidence hub is pretty well written, nice and clear with a couple of appealing photos but you could open it out a bit more. This would make it more appealing to readers and also to search engines and give you a better chance of being read.

I think forums are the best place to research these sorts of personal health issues.If you go to google and search for self confidence, select 'options' then click 'forums' you get 250,000 forum results dealing with the subject.

This is a quick way to see what people are thinking about a subject at any particular time. It helps you to give a wider view of approaches to tackling a problem and it also gives you some links to pass on. Search engines like you to give a few links (5 is reckoned a good number).

If you go to youtube you will also find thousands of videos on the subject. If you add one or two to your page it will give your visitors a better experience. It will also help you keep visitors longer and this will be a big tick from search engines, who will promote your page accordingly.

To be absolutely honest I wouldn't expect too many visitors to the self confidence hub from search engines because it is such a competitive subject. This may or may not be important to you at the moment.

If you want visitors (and money) from hubpages the advise on finding a fantastic topic for your hub on the 'hub challenge' page is pretty helpful.

http://blog.hubpages.com/2009/07/how-to … hub-topic/

spidergirl364posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, thanks, that REALLY helped me! Thanks for the advice!

5. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Welcome to HubPages. smile lots of wonderful authors and great team, who will help anytime you ask.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)