Racism ! Will we ever ask and answer the hard Questions ?

Jump to Last Post 51-60 of 60 discussions (228 posts)
  1. Cgenaea profile image61
    Cgenaeaposted 8 years ago

Yeah, it's different in the city. And south suburban area here.
    Lots of people. Not many hungry ones out in the city. Everything's everywhere. But out South, not so accessible. It seems that we would be adding to the poor people budget here... but instead we're shaving dollars as the population increases. I'm starting to wonder who'll be first on "population decrease"
    I feel like the people here are just that evil...

1. janesix profile image61
      janesixposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think America is likely safe from that, for the time being anyway. There will eventually be resource wars though, and then anything goes. It will get ugly. I don't think our civilization can last the way it's going. Too expensive, too many people.

It's about as good as it gets right now.

2. Cgenaea profile image61

It's been much better. But people got greedy. And I'm SURE we are totally in the dark on quite a bit that is planned.

People are always greedy. The ones at the top are usually the greedy ones. When push comes to shove, of course they will take care of their own.

I don't see how push won't come to shove.

Limited, dwindling resources, exponentially growing population.

I try to be optimistic, but I can do basic math.

Cgenaeaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yes. It is getting worse. The powers need someone to over-power. So it probably won't get TOO out of hand. But I really believe someone's on "the list".

That's too horrific to even contemplate.

True. I hope they choose love instead. But I think they forgot the concept.
            People don't believe that there is no love without God. America is making it clearer.

I have plenty of love and empathy for other people, and I don't have God. Let's not turn this thread into a religious issue though.

You were making progress convincing me that there really are some problems to look at.

3. Cgenaea profile image61

You think you don't have God. wink
    It is he that convinces...
    The only problem is that convincing is needed. Love sees injustice from miles away. And responds.

I know you think that.

I don't think the real world works like that though. Unfortunately. History doesn't show it.

Perspective is a key element, eh??? wink
        History shows just about everything. We know what works. We know what doesn't.

Isn't your God all about forgiveness, and not justice?

4. Cgenaea profile image61

He kinda covers all bases.

That's a contradiction. You can't provide justice if someone can just "believe in Jesus" and ask for forgiveness. Because they will then get away with their crimes scott free.

5. Cgenaea profile image61

No one, but no one fools God. He repays. Not us. Our admonition is love... some of us forgot... they who err in their vengeance will also have to answer... my God is perfect. So is his plan. Real love does not lie. He hasn't. It's all written down. You cannot seek vengeance and follow God at the same time. I say vengeance because justice is fair. Only God knows what that looks like. We must listen and follow instruction, or don't. He makes right, what's not, eventually, all the time.

I am not worried. If there is a God, he knows my heart. But I will never obey God, even if I thought he was real.

Do I go to Hell?

6. Cgenaea profile image61

That's God's business. I still love you. wink

Would you follow God's order if you thought it was immoral?

7. Cgenaea profile image61

Watching my childhood favorite "Schoolhouse Rock" with my ailing daughter today. Not sure if it's widely known. The songs used to be sandwiched between Saturday morning cartoons.
    They have a series of songs teaching about the start of America as well as other school subjects. From the 70's...
    Watching "The Great American Melting Pot" I noticed an animated book which alphabetically listed the Nationalities here. The first two listed were Armenians and Africans, the only A's listed. How the HELL did Armenians come first on the list??? Lol...
    That's really subtle but so telling.
    I didn't notice it when I was five.
    What were they trying to say??? I guess it's not such a hard question... lol

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

One might be inclined to look at the Armenian's  history of political and religious persecution    ,   I was just reading about  how they have been  pretty much  destroyed  in their own homelands .  We can't all be first on the list ,  The Irish are even further down the list .....:-}

1. gmwilliams profile image84
        gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ahorseback, almost every racial/ethnic group has been discriminated against, persecuted, and even faced genocide/annihilation.  Only a very few racial/ethnic groups were exempted from the aforementioned.  The Jewish people have faced discriminated and persecution from ancient history.  They even faced annihilation from stronger empire such as Babylon, Greece, and Rome but they have persevered, grown, and established, even cemented their own religion and culture.  In Europe, they have faced discrimination and persecution, being blamed for the bubonic plaque.  They were expelled, being sent to Eastern Europe. They were subjected to discrimination in Eastern Europe, especially in Russia.  They were expelled from Spain, having to go to countries when they had safe haven.  They faced the most insidious form of persecution in modern times when they were almost extinguished but they survived and returned to Israel, putting that country into world preeminence. 

Then there were the Irish.  The Irish was brutally discriminated against by the British.  The British did everything to wipe out the Irish.  The famine in the middle 19th century was a man-made one, implemented for the purpose of exterminating the Irish people.  As a result of the famine, many Irish immigrated to America, eventually putting their individual imprint on the American culture.  Besides America, they immigrated to Canada and Australia.   The Irish are still discriminated in Great Britain until this day.  There was a saying in Great Britain regarding public accommodation in some restaurants, " No Irish, no Blacks, and ......no dogs."   Telling isn't it.  Now the Slavic people especially the Poles and Ukrainians have received the brunt of discrimination especially in the Austro-Hungarian and Russian empires.  Poland virtually disappeared from the map in the 18th century due to the division of the country among Prussia(now Germany), Austro-Hungary, and Russia.  Poles were oppressed and the majority of them were serfs subjected to their and foreign masters.  Ukrainians were marginalized, being oppressed in Russia from the tsars to the communists.  The 1933 famine was orchestrated to subdue the Ukrainian people, forcing them to submit to communist rule.  There is still contention between Ukrainians and Russians to this day. 

Native people in the Americas were almost exterminated, if not they were relegated to third and fourth class status in their own lands.  Blacks were enslaved, brutalized, segregated, seen and treated as non-entities not only in the Americas but in their own countries under colonialism.  Asians were marginalized under colonialism and endured discrimination in America, Canada, France, and England.  In America, Chinese people were subjected to brutal, inhumane working conditions.  In World War II, Japanese Americans were targeted and placed into concentration camps.  Roma or as they are better known, Gypsies were treated abominably in Europe, treated as fifth class citizens, slated for extermination throughout history and experienced the Porajmos in World War II as Jews experienced the Shoah and Blacks experienced the Maafa from the 16th to 19th centuries.  In many North African countries, Blacks are being targeted, persecuted, even exterminated by Arabs.  Yes, discrimination and racism still exists sadly.

2. Cgenaea profile image61

Eff comes before are.
        That's all. No history lesson will make are come before eff on any day. They turned flips to jumble the alphabet? Thats deep to me.

8. Cgenaea profile image61

Went back to the movie saw the listings were not alphabetical English came before Danish. But why no alphabtize? Each letter was with it's own kind... smile
    The world is sad and will get sadder.

9. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

I have found , in forums , that many wish to wave their own flag far  more than another's , maybe one day we can all become more empathetically inclined , yet I realize sadly that  victim-ology is a serious  and selfish affliction .

Talk to all those people who are "victimized" by blacks.
      That cop in jail for murder is probably a good place to start.
      We finally agree!!! smile

2. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000, yes victimology is an aberrant pathology.

10. Cgenaea profile image61

The word victimology seems to be a favorite among the strong and powerful.  It is very sad that instead of realizing the situation as is, we start pointing fingers. NOT  victims, until we're victims, which usually dont take long...
    God hates pride; it's an abberant pathology much worse than any I've seen.
    I come to the aid of those who say their hurting. And I always leave my finger at home.
    I've been a victim before. If I can't help. I certainly will NOT stoop to spit. I refer...
    I guess it's just the way I was raised.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)