Legal Zoom Affilaites Program

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)
  1. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 13 years ago

I just wanted to alert people of what happened to me dealing with the Legal Zoom Affiliate Program so that you avoid them. I know some people will have had a good experience with them,but for me it was all bad from the get go,here's what happened.

I signed up with them back in November of 2010 and quickly thought I had found a nice little money maker as online legal services are in high demand due to their value and time saved over traditional legal services for legal filings.

I was getting mad clicks right off the bat and in the first week made $108.15. Nothing out of this world,but for a relatively new online marketer enough to get my dollar sign eyes salivating at the possibilities.

It was short lived though as after that first week here is what started to happen.Approximately every 4-5 days like clockwork I would get exactly 18 clicks. Then on occasion would get a straggler 1 click day and was never making any sales. Well after almost 2 months of getting exactly 18 clicks on days I got clicks and getting no sales I thought perhaps my account had been hijacked somehow by someone.

I contacted ttam@legalzoom.com (Tessa Tam) the affiliate marketing coordinator and alerted her to the oddity of what had been going on and the fact that per their payment policy I should have been paid for my November earnings in the middle of December and had not received it nor did my account show it had been paid.

She said she was going to not only make some test purchases through my links to make sure things were working properly,but also see why my payment for November had not been made. That was 2 weeks ago and I've heard nothing from her since and she won't answer my emails at all.

Seem FISHY. It does to me,it seems like they are just sticking it to me and chalking it up to having received some free advertising from another sucker. If they were on the up and up would she not have stayed in contact with me and followed through on what she had said she would do?

My final email I sent to her said I would no longer provide them with free advertising and if it was just an issue with her being extremely busy that I would be happy to continue doing business with them if they would just do as she said she was going to (test my links and pay me what they owe me). That was a week ago and I've heard nothing back.

My recommendation for anyone who has not done business with Legal Zoom's Affiliate Program is an astounding DON'T. I'm just glad I was smart enough to recognize things going wrong before I had provided them with the chance to screw me over much harder!

1. profile image0
      cookingdivaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry that you had bad experience, legal zoom usually has a good reputation and we use them for our personal use too.

There are several reasons for clicks not happening, I know as I have lost a few sales my sales.

1. if person has firewall set up too high, our aff. link will not track.
      2. if person has cookies stored from other person or comparing legal zoom from several sites, it may affect.

CJ also has legal zoom, and rocket lawayer program through them, you may want to try there.

But, I would give legal zoom give them time and chance to make it. If you have a proof of someone made a purchase, give them details and order number, that always helps. Good luck whatever you decide to do.

1. profile image0
        BenjaminBposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi Cookingdiva,

As I posted the issue at hand is that they are ignoring me after having said they were going to look into it. If they are ignoring me chances are they are CROOKED and it's something they may be doing to a lot of people to gain free advertising.

In my opinion if they had nothing to hide they would not be ignoring me,they would have followed through to help me solve the issue.

1. profile image0

To add to that I was not using just "in text links" I also had several banner ads up on my one blog and 2 websites.

2. Victoria Stephens profile image74
          Victoria Stephensposted 13 years agoin reply to this

could also be trying to make money from the phone lines too, I see someone was quick to stick a phone number below.x

2. profile image0

Just wanted to say that Matt_W from legal zoom was prompt on his promise to look into this matter and has taken care of all my concerns professionally and has assured me that this was just an isolated case that fell through the cracks and definitely not the norm.

I am happy to say that I will be continuing working with the Legal Zoom Affiliate Program!

2. profile image48
    Matt_Wposted 13 years ago

My name is Matt Withers and I run the affiliate program at LegalZoom. I am really sorry to hear about your experience. I appreciate your comments and can assure you that this is on my radar.   

I will be reaching out to you this afternoon (via email) to schedule some time to discuss next steps.  We are looking to get this issue resolved ASAP. Thanks again for all your efforts and I hope we can earn your business back in the near future. 

Please feel free to contact me anytime at 800-773-0888 Ext 2860.

1. profile image0

Sounds good Matt I appreciate it,looking forward to your email so that we can work on a resolution.

2. CatCohen profile image59
      CatCohenposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I just left voicemail for Matt. After spending a very frustrating 45 plus minutes on hold and with customer service, I got no where fast. I am glad I found this conversation. I hope working with Legal Zoom's affiliate program isn't always this frustrating.

I started to sign up last week, got timed out and now I cannot complete the application. For a rather large company, your website process is really bad. I look forward to a resolution.

3. Mark Ewbie profile image81
      Mark Ewbieposted 13 years ago

Can I borrow this expression...

"I will be reaching out to you this afternoon (via email) "

... for one of my hubs?  Might come in handy.

1. Victoria Stephens profile image74
        Victoria Stephensposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I shall be looking forward to reading that hub!x

1. Mark Ewbie profile image81
          Mark Ewbieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And I look forward to interfacing humanwise with you and hopefully touching some of my other customers.

1. profile image0

That sounds almost creepy Mark,lmao!

4. Stacie L profile image88
      Stacie Lposted 13 years ago

well at least you got some advertising from this post...wink

5. Elusen profile image69
      Elusenposted 8 years ago

I just started with LegalZoom's affiliate program - would love any feedback on more recent developments if there are any.

Drew

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)