I'd like feedback on my Hub: Facts About Chocolate and Champagne Diamond Jewelry

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Deborah-Diane profile image84
    Deborah-Dianeposted 8 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

After posting this request for help a few days ago, I incorporated many of the suggestions that the wonderful writers here made.  I lengthened the Hub, added more factual information about chocolate diamonds, removed references to Amazon, and included only one ad.  It has still been unfeatured.  Any other suggestions?

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Facts About Chocolate and Champagne Diamond Jewelry for Women. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Elsie Hagley profile image72
      Elsie Hagleyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I find it hard to read, maybe if you broke the text up a bit, perhaps use more text modules, photos, a poll, videos.
      Just a few ideas, sorry to hear you still haven't got it featured.smile

Deborah-Dianeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

The truth is that this article was featured FOR YEARS.  When they unfeatured it, I started adding more information, taking out ads, changing it around.  Now I have just given up.  Hubpages just makes me tired.  I used to recommend Hubpages to people all the time ... even to the 100+ people in my writer's club.  Never again.  I don't trust Hubpages anymore.

2. Au fait profile image82
      Au faitposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Have you written to HP and asked them what you are doing wrong or need to do differently?  Ask the to be specific about the changes you would like as your best skill is not always mind reading.  Tell them you have done everything you know to do and you are about to give up and delete the article all together along with several more because flailing around trying to fix it when you don't even know what they are objecting to, is just not working.

You can write them at  TEAM@hubpages.com

1. DeborahDian profile image79
        DeborahDianposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for this suggestion.  I will give it a try.  I really appreciate the email address for contacting them. I did use the contact form once and asked about this Hub, but I never received an answer.

This particular Hub is from my original Hubpages account, so it is several years old.  I never had a problem with it until now ... and I have removed ALL the ads and made it longer.  If they don't like it now and won't help me, I will just delete it.

In fact, I just deleted ten Hubs from my DeborahDian account and expect to delete more in the coming week.  The funny thing is that the ones I have deleted already, as well as the ones I plan to delete in the future, are primarily Hubs that Hubpages purchased from Squidoo!  Quite a few of them have made money ... until they were unfeatured.

It seems odd to me that they would pay to buy these articles from a site that pushed commercial articles.  They accepted them, encouraged us to stick with Hubpages and now, after more than a year, they decided to unfeature them without an explanation and without any help or guidelines at all.  When they first purchased them, they emailed us and gave us specific instructions about how to make them fit in with Hubpages, which I followed.  That is why they have been featured for the past year.  I thought they were exactly what they wanted.  Apparently not.

However, as you said, my best skill is not mind reading.  I will write to them and ask about one or two of the ones that I have not deleted, yet.  Perhaps they will give me a clue about how I can keep at least a few of those old Squidoo articles here.  If not, I guess I will eventually delete them all and move them to Honest Reviews, Trendzic or Infobarrel.  All those sites are ones that I know would accept them.

I really appreciate your suggestions and help.  If I eventually delete most of my Hubpage articles, I will certainly miss some of the writers here, like you.  You have been very helpful and supportive during my years here.  Hope to stay in contact on this site or one of the others on the internet!  smile

Thank you so much!
        Debbie

2. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Your Hub is very disorganized and doesn't seem to hold up to the premise of the title.

You spend a lot of page real estate talking about other diamond trivia and info that doesn't say anything about your topic.  Is this a general diamond info page, or a specific one?

At what point is the content you are providing "for women."  You do not discuss women's jewelry and none of your material is female-centric, so why are you claiming this hub is about jewelry for women or anything for women?

Your content seems to mostly be a rewrite of material off another website, and does not seem to contain original material which demonstrates your actual experience or know-how with chocolate diamonds.

The link to the earrings is purely promotional.  There is no required reason for that to be on the page, and readers do not "need" that item to help them understand chocolate diamonds.  That's how HubPages views product placement.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1

My article originally did discuss specific jewelry items for women before I kept changing it every day in order to try to please some anonymous person who refused to explain specifically what is wrong.  I have tried a wide variety of approaches, eliminated almost all the ads, added more information, etc.  I guess Hubpages doesn't like me anymore!!!!   This seems to be true even though I have written here successfully for years.  I do not understand the sudden, unexplained poor treatment.

I will probably just cut my losses and just blow off the articles that Hubpages does not like ... although I will never understand how Hubpages can feature the articles I am listing below, while they unfeature mine.  These articles are far worse than mine and are much more promotional:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Whats-it-Worth- … amond-Ring

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-is-the-Har … -Substance (an Editor's Choice article)

Those are perfect examples of why I felt mistreated by Hubpages when they unfeatured my article after finding it acceptable for years.  It makes absolutely no sense to me ... or other people who pointed the above articles out to me.

As for the link to the one jewelry ad, how in the world can I write an article about jewelry for women and not be allowed to have even ONE ad that shows an example?  Hubpages is just being unfair, and other people have seen it, too.

I plan to remove the one ad and if they still don't like it, too bad.  There are plenty of other sites that would love it ... and the editors are far nicer.

3. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 8 years ago

As I advised earlier, I think it's best to cut your losses. When you google anything about chocolate diamonds, the first several pages are websites that sell jewelry. The only really good informational page that comes up is this article

http://jezebel.com/the-truth-about-choc … ds-5887100

which explains that "chocolate diamond" is actually a registered trademark, and that they are nothing more than brown diamonds, which is actually the most common color of diamonds.

I think the days of using revenue sharing sites for steady affiliate sales are long over.  The real money is to be made with your own sites reviewing products that are within your area of expertise.

I agree that I should probably cut my losses and just blow off the articles that Hubpages does not like ... although I will never understand how Hubpages can feature the articles I am listing below, while they unfeature mine.  These articles are far worse than mine and are much more promotional:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Whats-it-Worth- … amond-Ring

http://hubpages.com/hub/What-is-the-Har … -Substance (an Editor's Choice article)

Those are perfect examples of why I felt mistreated by Hubpages when they unfeatured my article.  It makes absolutely no sense to me ... or other people who pointed these articles out to me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)