Dengarden is here!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Marina Lazarevic profile image77
    Marina Lazarevicposted 8 years ago

Check it out when you have a chance: https://dengarden.com/

smilesmile

1. OldRoses profile image95
      OldRosesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Why was my hub moved without my permission?  The link has changed and now all of the links that I have spent years building on Pinterest are broken!  None of the people who shared and repinned my hubs will be able to get to them.  I will lose all of my traffic from Pinterest.  Any plans to put in redirects?  This is not fair!

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Redirects are being done to all these new sites.

1. Jean Bakula profile image93
          Jean Bakulaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

While I am happy that one of my gardening hubs is on Dengarden, I have qualms about the name of the site. Who will think of a word like Dengarden when they want gardening information or ideas? Thanks anyway, I guess.

1. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I doubt anyone will search for it.  Instead they will search for the topic of your hubs, just as they always have done.  How many people, after all, come to HubPages directly, outside of a hub, when looking for information?

That's true. Thanks Dan. I was changing some titles to be more traffic positive, and really miss the Group feature. At least this site keeps our brains active!

2. moonlake profile image82
            moonlakeposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree. When I first saw it I didn't read it right and couldn't figure out what it meant.

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 8 years ago

https://i.imgflip.com/124567.jpg

1. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Me too!

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
        paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I looked at your profile. This has gotta be your day! big_smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 8 years ago

I saw the same hub listed twice when doing the prev/next thing.

https://dengarden.com/interior-design/?page=3
    https://dengarden.com/interior-design/?page=4

This one: Don't Just Throw Out Your Old Mattresses, Donate Them!

Don't know if a big deal or not, just thought I'd mention it.

04/07/2016, ~6:30 pm

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
    DzyMsLizzyposted 8 years ago

Okay, so what the heck does "Dengarden" mean???? 

And two of my hubs have been transferred there, and they have nothing to do with gardening.  I think this is a very weird made-up word.

HI MsLizzy,
      I also had a hub moved to Dengarden, and had the same thoughts as you. If you look at the thread, Wildrerness had a good point of view about it.

2. purl3agony profile image95
      purl3agonyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

HP should have a contest and ask Hubbers for suggestions for names of the niche sites.  Some of the new names are great, others seem to miss.  I agree that no one is going to search by niche name, but it would be a fun way to get the HP community involved and people will probably come up with some great niche site names smile

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think the den part is supposed to represent the home.  This is a home and garden site.

1. viryabo profile image94
        viryaboposted 8 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. makingamark profile image69
        makingamarkposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well I guess you might call your home a den if you were a six year old....
        ....or maybe even a teenager

If I was a grownup and wanting style advice I'd be much more likely to use a site whose domain name spoke to me in words I relate to.

1. Will Apse profile image88
          Will Apseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

They are Americans, you know. They out-bred us and now we simply have live with it.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91
            Jesse Drzalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

King George got what he deserved.

Lol. You are probably right.They named an awful lot of towns after him but not a single decent pub that I can think of.

I would love to visit sometime. Seems so beautiful and historic..I would hop over to Whales too and take in that coast.

Yeah. I would recommend Bangor. You can see where the Druids made their last stand against the Roman Army then sample a fine high street with plenty of pubs, none of them named after poor mad George III.

2. Solaras profile image95
          Solarasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

We have entire rooms here, family rooms, called "The Den."  That is where we live, watch TV and eat TV dinners on TV dinner trays. Everything else is for show - even the bathrooms.

Sounds like a family of bears. lol.

1. Solaras profile image95
              Solarasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

30% of us (US) look like bears!  The Den is the family room - full of trophies and shag rugs and cheerios in the carpet. 

Seriously though, it is the family living room, everything else is formal - The Dining Room is for special occasions, The Living Room is for guests.  The Den is for messing up and relaxing - family daily living where we eat in the kitchen, and relax in the den. I get it - casual living and gardening + outdoor living.

Nah. Its the English graduates. They couldn't resist an internal rhyme.

Just out of curiosity, does everyone keep their breakfast cereals in the carpet in the US?

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
                  paradigmsearchposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Yep.

lol. In our household, we usually give dry goods to the ants. Not really out of choice.

4. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's not just about gardening, it's also about the house, like decorating, home improvement, household tips, etc.

5. Dolores Monet profile image96
    Dolores Monetposted 8 years ago

Many of my hubs have already been moved to another niche site. And I must say that views have increased, doubled since late last Fall. I think HP is doing a great job trying to sort out the hubs!

6. FlourishAnyway profile image94
    FlourishAnywayposted 8 years ago

purl3agony has an excellent point.  Get the community involved for greater ownership.  At least ask for suggestions.

7. lisavollrath profile image93
    lisavollrathposted 8 years ago

I understand people wanting to give input, but there are two things to keep in mind:

First, finding a domain name isn't as simple as you might think. You have to find a name that's available, and very often, your first 20 ideas are already taken. Just the act of typing a domain name suggestion into a post can often take it off the table, as name poachers try to profit from other people's interest in it.

Second, it really doesn't matter what a site is named. Who ever heard the name Twitter, or Facebook, or HubPages before they became popular? They became well known because people started using them.

8. makingamark profile image69
    makingamarkposted 8 years ago

What's fascinating about some of these niche sites is that they look absolutely nothing like the competition within that niche (eg gardening). Very odd!

So it's either a cunning ploy to fill a gap in the market
    Or it's unlikely to generate an awful lot of interest.

I wonder if anybody actually sits down and brainstorms "what do people actually want to know about online?" (i.e. NOT what queries appear on HP stats)

and then do a competitor analysis
    and then identify the niche which needs filling
    and then design the name and look and content to suit.

Or did I just spend too many years doing strategic business planning and marketing?

Maybe an employment opportunity for you in the future?

1. makingamark profile image69

How droll! Inspects bank account - pension still landing with a thud every month. smile

(I'd really recommend inspecting profiles before making personal comments like that otherwise you could end up with people laughing at and not with you!)

The idea of working for Hubpages..how droll indeed!  Your at least yelling at us not quite so much with your cap lock on..so congrats for that. LOL

1. makingamark profile image69

Huh? Whoever said anything about working for HubPages? Where did that come from?

I was merely responding to your notion that I might need an employment opportunity - however I'm well and truly retired and have been for some time!

Apart from the fact I spend my time now on writing about things that interest me -  and somehow or other generating a secondary fee-based income from book publishers, magazine owners, art schools etc in the process.

HubPages is a hangover for me from Squidoo which was only ever about finding a way of organising and sharing my bookmarks! "the compendium" is not a model HubPages recognises although I'm pleased to say Google thinks otherwise.

9. paperfacets profile image85
    paperfacetsposted 8 years ago

The trend is to use the yard and even make rooms, ie outdoor kitchen or den=patio. It should have a subtitle to give it more direction. Something like "The yard is your outdoor den. How do you use it?" Just do not landscape, divide and make into living places.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image85
      DzyMsLizzyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I just can't figure out how my hubs on how to use a plumber's snake and how a septic system works ended up in this niche....fits neither dens nor gardens....

1. OldRoses profile image95
        OldRosesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

It's home and garden.  Plumbing falls under "home".

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92
        Sherry Hewinsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I had two moved there. One was about gardening, the other one was about cleaning house.

10. Chriswillman90 profile image93
    Chriswillman90posted 8 years ago

Wow you guys are quick with these sites. Any approximation how many articles are being chosen for each niche site (will there be limits)?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)