Gun Control

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (31 posts)
  1. Sychophantastic profile image85
    Sychophantasticposted 7 years ago

So, here's my rant. Since there appears to be no line on gun control, I advocate for complete freedom of gun ownership. After all, I should be able to exercise my constitutional right to protect myself wherever and whenever I want.

This needs to start now! And I want it to start in two places:

1. Airplanes and Airports. It is a violation of my second amendment right to not allow me to protect myself against criminals on airplanes. If everyone was able to carry a gun and there was a terrorist attack aboard an airplane, armed people would be able to stop it. Furthermore, allowing weapons aboard airplanes would make the TSA completely unnecessary and would eliminate all those long lines we have to wait in to board flights. Once again, it is my constitutional right to arm myself wherever and whenever I want, including aboard an airplane.

2. Second, I should be able to arm myself and enter any government building I want, especially Congress and the White House. If those buildings are owned by the taxpayers and are beholden to the Constitution, then allowing its citizens to exercise their second amendment rights is critical. Congress especially. If they truly believe in gun ownership by everyone, then they should be the first to make their chamber a place where gun ownership and gun possession is welcome.

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I suggested something similar in another thread. Crickets.

http://hubpages.com/politics/forum/1367 … ost2820918

2. wilderness profile image94
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You obviously haven't bothered to educate yourself on the hundreds (thousands?) of laws concerning control of guns.  You might want to do that before starting ridiculous rants.

Sychophantasticposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, and they're working wonderfully well. I guess I just don't see why my right to carry a gun should be restricted anywhere, particularly government owned buildings.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
          Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You not understanding something simple isn't really reason to allow you to bypass reasonable laws. Actually, your inability to understand is ample reason to not allow you to.

If somebody on the terrorist watch list is allowed to buy a gun, i should be able to carry one to protect myself in any space.

And please define "reasonable gun control" law.

2. Live to Learn profile image61

Really? What do you propose to do? Carry it with you at all times? Point it at everyone you think might be a terrorist?

3. mrpopo profile image72
              mrpopoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

? I don't think the right to do X in any space is contingent on whether a person on the terrorist watch list is allowed to do X at all.

2. profile image0

Whoa, there. Almost eighty percent of US citizens support keeping AR-15s and similar type weapons out of the hands of those on the no-fly list, for example. This common sense regulation was not even brought up for a vote by our legislators.

If they fear allowing guns in the congressional chamber, why are they avoiding legislation that could keep them out of the hands of terrorists? That is a legitimate question.

1. Live to Learn profile image61

Our right to gun ownership does not give us the right to carry our weapons everywhere we choose to. Nor do I think laws prohibiting the carry of fire arms into crowded airport terminals or government buildings is  unreasonable. I was addressing his comments. Not yours.

Why not? Why shouldn't I be able to defend myself wherever I am?

1. profile image0
                  promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Do you need an assault rifle to defend yourself?

1. wilderness profile image94

What does "need" have to do with "rights"?  One is perceived differently by everyone, the other guaranteed constitutionally.

2. Live to Learn profile image61

Primarily because you're a little scary.

3. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sychophant

Yes!!! give guns to everyone on the plane. A brown person be sitting next to you. Remember guns don't kill people, just maybe an odd bullets may accidently shoot off loose and explode the plane. It was the bullets fault, nobody is to blame.

NRA gives fairytales to children on having guns given to them. So they can shoot their pervert child molester.

Have every child given a gun so they can store in their desk at school. Or at their church because pastors are worst of them all.

Most importantly of all, everyone should have a gun, the dollar could collaspe tomorrow. Then many bullies will steal all of your stuff , you must protect your stuff with your very own life.

4. profile image0
      promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

All rights are limited when they start to conflict with other rights, such as the right to life.

Gun ownership is a private property right. Once a gun goes onto public property, the limits increase because of the potential to conflict with other rights.

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

A lot of liberals would  like us all to believe that the constitution is flexible , it aint' !   Pure and simple , if  by some stretch of liberal imagination  , they decide to alter constitutional law in it's  actual , original wording with the implied  next generation of  political "leadership " . Watch what happens.    This country , in all of it's experience in wars and there is much to chose from for example ,  The third world war begins and it will be like no revolution , no civil war or no police action   that you have or will ever see in your lifetime !

Sad you don't know what you're talking about. The 2nd amendment does not even refer to personal gun ownership. It refers to gun ownership as part of a militia. And the guns it refers to were muskets. So, if you're reading it literally and don't want to be flexible...

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Go back and read it again ----then read each states constitution !  The states  constitutions pre-date and trump the feds constitution as always !   Better go back to school Bud!

Um, no.

2. Sychophantastic profile image85

Let me get this straight, you're saying that the state constitutions were written before the Constitution and that states rights trump the federal constitution? I got that right? Dude, I'm not the one who needs to go to school. Let me guess, you were educated in Texas?

1. profile image0

Read the tenth Amendment  of the constitution ,  .........."federal powers only reflect the states powers "......   Why do you think that each state has differing gun laws  ?   Why do you think  each state allows differing levels of liberties in ANY of the constitutional bill of rights ?   In the  state where I live , the state and the federal   constitution  state .........."the right of the people shall not be infringed "......

Furthermore  the simplicity of the English language allows that the twenty seven words [27 ] of the second amendment are the simplest form of English available ,    And that every time the second amendment has come before the Supreme Courts , the  power and simplicity of the language  of the Second amendment  remains unscathed !      Get used to it !

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

When they made the right to bare arms. These muskets and balls would take too long to load and not accurate to fire.

We must find more efficient ways of killing each other. Most of all our ourselves since a gun kill has 3 times greater chance of killing self than killing all other people combined. Suicide kills more than people in war, murder and terrorist combined.

I think all of you people are doing a great patriot service to new world order. Go one step further, get nuclear bomb kits and a bebe gun for your kids on Christmas.

I don't really support this message, yet each to their own. Me being a lover, I'll be in Peru growing food,not fighting over it. May the biggest baddest and saddest bully win.

1. wilderness profile image94

Until the world social structure collapses and the bullies come for your garden (and kids and wife).  Will you still want the biggest, baddest bully to win then?

1. Castlepaloma profile image76

I'm very good at hand to hand or hand to paw combat. Yet no match to many marksman snipers. Badass win.

Trying best to haul my family to Peru. It will not be my fault if they want to commit suicide.

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Bottom line , The effectiveness of any weapon  available for the defense of  the people , should be just as good as the government that can oppress those same people  !  That should have been stated in the second amendment  though  it IS implied by the legal  meaning of the second amendment !

Anti- constitutionalists should get used to that !

1. profile image0

Really?  "The people" should have tanks, bombs, and killer drones?  And that's just the beginning of what the government has at their disposal.

1. profile image0

Ah , you bit !    my point is  , all of you liberals anti-s  assume that the  second amendment was written over two hundred years ago  - so that we should only be allowed muskets  ?      Something for you to think about , why shouldn't I have a drone  , an automatic machine gun ,   a couple of grenades ?

If that is the equivalent weapon of the oppressors , invaders  or weapon of choice of a home invasion ?

Why shouldn't I have the equal to what my government has , and who says I cannot ?

1. profile image0

Well, hell, why shouldn't you? If you can, then so can people on the no fly list. Hell yeah!

roll

4. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 7 years ago

Hell HEY!!!

SO LETS HAVE A. CIVIL WAR BOOM BOOM !!! SORRY Yabout that. BAMMM. EBH EH BOOM
    OH SORRY

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)