Bernie Sanders appears to have un-endorsed Hillary Clinton

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (37 posts)
  1. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

His message speaks of an unfair system focusing on the elite and powerful.

Let’s be honest and acknowledge what we are talking about. We are talking about a rapid movement in this country toward a political system in which a handful of very wealthy people and special interests will determine who gets elected or who does not get elected. That is not what this country is supposed to be about. That was not Abraham Lincoln’s vision of a government of the people, by the people, and for the people.

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13237561.jpg
    https://www.facebook.com/senatorsanders/?fref=ts

Albeit, somewhat shocking Facebook message, it appears as if Bernie Sanders has in some part, un-endorsed Hillary Clinton.

I like honesty.  Kudos, to Bernie!

1. Ken Burgess profile image77
      Ken Burgessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The Republican controlled U.S. Senate FINALLY did something IMPORTANT and stood up to Obama’s attempts to overthrow the U.S. Constitution with a vote tally: 53 against / 46 for.
      All but two that voted for this bill are Democrats.
      In a 53-46 vote, the Senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.
      The Statement of Purpose from the Senate Bill reads: “To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.” The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S. and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry, now get this, on all private guns and ammo.
      TPP, TTiP, WTO... will further cripple America's ability to compete, add to job loss, add to immigrants coming into America and taking jobs that Americans already fill (H1-B, H2-B visas, corporations holding superior rights to state and nation).
      This isn't really about Trump or Hillary so much as it is about Globalism and NWO vs Nationalism and Liberty and Freedom.

1. Don W profile image82
        Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's great, because the proliferation of millions of firearms has really worked out well for the world hasn't it roll.

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is.  Partly because at least some people are willing to look and think, quickly figuring out that the proliferation of millions of firearms hasn't done a thing, positive OR negative to the US.  Except, of course, given millions the ability to provide for their families and thousands more the ability to provide the protection they needed.

1. Don W profile image82

If I had my way, I would totally ban the manufacture and sale of firearms everywhere on the planet. Alas that's not a realistic prospect for all sorts of reasons. But that doesn't mean I have to like firearms, or think their proliferation is a good thing. I don't, and I don't.

1. profile image0
              ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Now there is brilliance in the making .

1. Don W profile image82

Well thank you, I do try.

2. colorfulone profile image77
                colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Remember Bernie said that Hillary has poor judgement? 

One of Hillary’s top aides and advisor, Neera Tanden, doesn't even think Hillary's is qualified to be president evidently. In a Wikileaks hacked email she wrote that "Her (Hillary's) instincts are suboptimal".

Suboptimal ... of less than the highest standard or quality.

Honesty!

2. Ken Burgess profile image77

Have you ever had your home broken into?
          Have you ever been in a store or bank that was robbed?
          Do you have children that depend on you for support and protection?

1. wilderness profile image96
            wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Shh!  Everyone knows that a gun never has and never will provide any form of protection.  That is strictly the task of the police, and because of that task we also know they will always arrive before their help is needed.  We can even verify this by asking those killed at the Miami nightclub recently.

2. Don W profile image82

Have you ever seen someone with no gun and no bullets shoot anyone?

Criminals don't follow the law, the Drug Cartels don't follow the law.
              Unlike Britain we are not an island, we have a VERY long border with Mexico, bringing weapons into the country illegally is as easy for them as bringing in the billions worth of drugs every year.
              Crime would shoot through the roof, if people who were inclined to commit violent crimes KNEW that no one had weapons in their homes to stop them.  It is the very threat of a gun that often deters violent criminals during a home invasion, and those that aren't deterred can be fended off with a gun, not with a call to 911.
              Not that our government or the politicians so detached from us would care about that, so long as THEY were safe not just from criminals, but their own citizens, they could care less what the costs to average Americans were.
              "The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
              - Thomas Jefferson

1. Don W profile image82

No one said it would be easy.

Finding the cure to cancer isn't easy. Ending poverty isn't easy. Eradicating famine isn't easy. That doesn't mean we shouldn't aspire to do all those things. In fact we should do more than aspire, we should actively pursue those goals. Stopping the global proliferation of firearms isn't easy either, but when did "it's difficult" become a valid excuse for not to try to do something?

2. Sychophantastic profile image84
                Sychophantasticposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Generally, I find gun control to be a non-starter.

That said, nobody is discussing taking people's guns away. That's not going to happen. Nobody wants it to happen. It's unconstitutional.

That said, almost all sane people, gun owners included, want certain forms of gun control. We could just start by making sure insane people, criminals, and people on the terrorist watch list, don't have easy access.

I mean, there's got to be somewhere we can start that conversation given the widespread support for it.

2. Kailua-KonaGirl profile image86
              Kailua-KonaGirlposted 7 years agoin reply to this

No, I have never seen "someone with no gun and no bullets shoot anyone", but I have seen someone with no gun and no bullets get shot, but that is beside the point. The minute US citizens are stripped of their weapons is the minute US citizens will be under attack by those who have weapons and don't give a rats behind for US law.

That's great news that the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty didn't pass the Senate. 

"TPP, TTiP, WTO... will further cripple America's ability to compete, add to job loss, add to immigrants coming into America and taking jobs that Americans already fill (H1-B, H2-B visas, corporations holding superior rights to state and nation)."

We don't want any of that either.  At least I do not.

"This isn't really about Trump or Hillary so much as it is about Globalism and NWO vs Nationalism and Liberty and Freedom."

Spot on!   
        Americanism not Globalism is Our Credo! 

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13237644.jpg

1. Sychophantastic profile image84

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13240325_f248.jpg

3. Sychophantastic profile image84

Pure hogwash. The treaty has absolutely nothing to do with the legal sale of arms within the United States. The Obama Administration specifically mandated the following with respect to the treaty:

The Second Amendment to the Constitution must be upheld.

There will be no restrictions on civilian possession or trade of firearms otherwise permitted by law or protected by the U.S. Constitution.

There will be no dilution or diminishing of sovereign control over issues involving the private acquisition, ownership, or possession of firearms, which must remain matters of domestic law.

Perhaps you believe that, or even read it somewhere, but that statement in essence is an outright lie.
          Just as we were sold a lie about Obamacare, and how it would save families on average of $2,500, and make Insurance more affordable.
          Insurance costs more than ever, has higher deductibles than ever, and by no means can you still go to the same doctor you always had.

1. Kailua-KonaGirl profile image86

Right! It's the first time in my 64 years that I can no longer afford medical insurance. I have to pay for everything out of pocket which is expensive, but still less than Obamacare.

The treaty has no impact, whatsoever, on national sovereignty. You are just making stuff up.

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

Prediction , National security  ,  gun rights ,   border protections ,   the exposure  of corruption in the Clinton camp ,The protection of the constitution , corruption  in congress , senate and the media =  all of these are going to be the reason that Trump wins this election . The American people  are tired of fraud ! Especially media fraud !

3. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 7 years ago

"Look, I ran against Hillary for over a year, so I understand where she is coming from. For me, this is not a tough choice. I am a United States senator, and I know what would happen to our government if Donald Trump became president. I think Donald Trump is the worst candidate for a major party that has surfaced in my lifetime. This guy would be a disaster for this country and an embarrassment to us internationally. A man who is a pathological liar. Somebody who, to the degree that he deals with issues at all, changes his position every day. That is clearly not the kind of mentality we need from somebody who is running for the highest office in the land.

What is particularly outrageous and disturbing is that the cornerstone of his campaign is based on bigotry—trying to turn people against Mexican-Americans or against Muslims or against women. To my mind, it’s very clear that Donald Trump would be an incredible disaster to this country, and I will do everything I can to see that he is defeated...

On a number of issues, I believe Hillary Clinton’s positions are quite strong. I was happy to negotiate an agreement with her in the party’s platform which said that she would support making public colleges and universities tuition-free for families making $125,000 or less. That is pretty revolutionary. That will not only transform the ability of people to go to college, it will have an impact on kids in elementary school today who know that if they study hard, they can get a college education. She and I also agreed to a doubling of the expansion of community health centers. That’s tens of millions more people who will have access to primary health care and dental care and low-cost prescription drugs and mental health counseling. I want to raise the minimum wage to $15 an hour, and I think Clinton is open to moving in that direction, to at least $12 an hour. She supports infrastructure projects that will put millions of people back to work. She understands the significance of not acting on climate change, while Donald Trump does not believe that climate change is real, which is a real threat to the planet. So what I would ask people is to take a hard look at (a) what a Donald Trump presidency would mean for this country, which in my view would be a disaster, and (b) how Clinton’s views on a number of issues are fairly good.

I think that Hillary Clinton is sincere in a number of areas. In other areas I think she is gonna have to be pushed, and that’s fine. That’s called the democratic process.

-Bernie Sanders
    https://newrepublic.com/article/137103/ … ooks-ahead
    Bernie Looks Ahead
    Oct 17, 2016

Yeah, I don't think so. smile

And we know how false all of that is.
      We know Bernie now has a couple nice new houses, a new ride, and probably a sweet offshores bank account.
      We also know Hillary has her public positions on matters of import, and private positions that are often the exact opposite of what she states in public.
      We know Hillary is the poster child for Washington corruption, and we know she is a continuation of ALL that has wronged the American worker for the last quarter century, as well as our rights and liberties.
      We have had 28 years of continued control, where either the Bush family or the Clinton family has been in control in Washington with the Obama family bridging the gap. It will be 32 years or 36 years if Clinton wins.
      For people who are frustrated with Washington, with lower wages, less benefits, less opportunity, etc.  I would think America  would want to put an end to the cycle of continually putting the same corrupt politicians back into office over and over again.
      This is the one chance, no matter how repugnant he may seem, to completely shake up the system of corruption in Washington, while at the same time, saving the BALANCE of the Supreme Court, and keeping it from becoming an extremist extension of radical views not shared by the majority of Americans.

I do agree with most of what you stated, but I just don't think a man like Trump is our answer to ending the cycle of corruption. I think he will just add a whole new layer.
        In all my years, this is the worst election, as far as candidates go, that I have ever seen. I don't want to vote for either of them, but don't think Bernie could take the popular vote either if we all wrote him in, and then there is the electoral college. Christ, what a fiasco!

1. profile image0
          ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Christ , what a fiasco ".............all of it created , vetted , ventured and completely volunteered  by your apathy , like many,  many rhetorical complainers  .   Welcome to the welcoming springs of revolution .

1. colorfulone profile image77

Apathy is a big one!

Apathy? I don't think so.

2. Ken Burgess profile image77

Well you only have two choices... Trump or Hillary.
          If you don't like the things that Hillary will bring... an extremist Supreme Court, a hard course towards globalism, 'no go' zones for millions of Syrian and Middle East refugees she wants to bring in, etc. etc. you don't have much other choice.

Aye, that is true, and I will have to vote for one of them. Just can't decide at the moment which one is the lesser of the two evils. In my perception, they are both pretty evil.

Agreed, actually! However, Trump is not the answer.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
          Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

So, you'd rather support a crook, a swindler and a thief.

I'd rather support somebody who doesn't claim that voting is rigged and that China creating the global warming hoax. In other words, either somebody who is trying to actively undermine both science and the democratic process or just a moron.

Not only did Hillary pay for Violent Rioters at the Chicago Trump Rally, they were also instructed to act as if they were for Bernie Sanders. 
            http://truthfeed.com/video-hillary-paid … rts/30305/

My apology.  I admit, I got trolled on this one and thought it was Bernie supporters, but I was skeptical at the same time.  To take the “heat” and focus off of Hillary, she had many of these people wear “Bernie” shirts, hold signs, and asked them to chant, “BERNIE!”

Project Veritas Action: undercover DNC Rigging the Election
            http://hubpages.com/politics/forum/1384 … -election-

You just continue to post made-up stuff. The thing about Hillary defending a rapist. She defended an accused rapist because she was appointed by the court to do so. If you don't support the concept of everyone having an adequate defense, then you are un-American.

And there are so many lies with the media these days, it takes a lot of time to dig out the truth. What happened to truth in journalism?

4. Sychophantastic profile image84
    Sychophantasticposted 7 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)