I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Best Toys for Girls and Boys with Disabilities

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)
  1. thebeckerlawfirm profile image57
    thebeckerlawfirmposted 7 years ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Best Toys for Girls and Boys with Disabilities (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 7 years ago

That one is not going to fly here. HubPages is not the place to promote your own business and the powers that be take a dim view of attempts to do so.

thebeckerlawfirmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The intention was not to promote my business. So do you consider that it will be a good post if I remove the link?  This is the message that I received to revise the article: "This Hub does not meet HubPages' quality standards. Please improve the Hub first before republishing." It didn't mention the link, so I wasn't sure that that was it. Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

1. theraggededge profile image98
        theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I think it's quite good. The main problem may be with your user name. If you are here to write, then using your business name is off-putting and looks spammy to be truthful. My suggestion would be to delete the account - save the article, of course, and republish under another name.

I'd also make the article a bit longer by mentioning sensory activities for severely disabled children.

Oh... and add some full size, properly accredited, legal-to-use images.

Hope that helps.

2. profile image0
        calculus-geometryposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It's a generic email that encompasses issues such as links that appear to be promotional and articles that appear to be stealth advertisements.

3. Terrielynn1 profile image85
    Terrielynn1posted 7 years ago

I think it's a good read . There does seem to be a lot of advertising . I raised 2 special needs children and educational toys we found at teachers stores were amazing and some we made ourselves . It looks like a great page for info .

thebeckerlawfirmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you.  Teacher stores are a great idea!

1. Terrielynn1 profile image85
        Terrielynn1posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it would be helpful if you gave examples of the types of toys you reccomend and why.

4. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

I agree - delete the Hub, start a new account with another user name, and start again.

HubPages is a multimedia site so yes, the article does need two or three photos - do make sure you have the permission of the site if you're going to use a photo from a website.  You can get free photos from Pixabay.  Split your text up into several capsules so you can put photos in between.

5. erorantes profile image52
    erorantesposted 7 years ago

I like your hub. I can see. You only have one picture. Extra pictures will give your readers understanding of what you are writing with out reading. They will stay in your hub and read it. Then. They will give you their comments. I like your hub. My favorite store is Toysarous. They have a nice staff to help find the toys. You are great. I am looking forward reading your finished hub miss thebeckerlawfirm.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)