Justin Bieber is Robin in the upcoming superman vs batman film!?!

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 10 years ago

It was recently reported by various sites that Justin Bieber posted on his instagram account saying he was going to be the new boy wonder in the upcoming superman vs. batman film.  However, later reports says that he was just messing with all of us, and that he was really only playing robin in some parody sketch for "funny or die."  For those that don't know anything about "funny or die", they were the ones responsible for various online parody sketches such as the captain planet one with don cheadle. 

needless to say, a lot of people are downright pissed about this prank.  In fact, you won't believe how the bieber haters want to kill him for even joking about playing robin in a batman movie.  Sheesh, and I thought twilight fans and haters were bad.  Holly fandom batman!

Anyways, I know i can't speak for everyone, but I just see this as a harmless prank played by a teenage kid.  Seriously, how old is Justin Bieber now?  Isn't he still a teenager?  I mean how many teens have we all met that didn't like pulling the ocassional prank now and then?  Hell, I'm willing to bet over half of you writers on hubpages knows what I'm talking about.  Not that i ever had, as i was a saint when i was a kid.  (stands here innocently with a halo over my head)  lol

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this?  Harmless prank?  Or do you think Justin Bieber should be shot for even making such a outlandish claim to rile us all off?  please discuss.

Also, while we're on the topic, what if it wasn't a joke after all, then would you be okay with justin bieber playing the boy wonder on film?

1. profile image0
      Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I would say he would be an asset to Affleck who probably needs all the help he can get looking ba.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 10 years agoin reply to this

i'm curious. what makes you say he'd be a great asset to affleck if it would've turned out to be true?

1. profile image0

I think you missed the joke my friend. lol
          Im saying compared to Justin, Ben looks like a Hell's Angel. He could probably use a nice young boy like Justin to play opposite him to make him look a little more believable. I'm sure Ben will do fine... it's just that Bale was *right before him. If I were Affleck I would really have preferred Clooney or even Kilmer to have gone before me. (Kilmer was a Batman wasn't he? lol) Bale always seemed like he'd most probably killed something or another before they called him on set. He was ba.

1. profile image0

lol. Oh i get what you're saying now.  I guess that would make sense seeing as all the fans wouldn't be complaining about him anymore, as they'd be too busy complaining about justin bieber as robin.  brilliant idea. i think affleck should petition that idea to wb.  lol

2. Geekdom profile image88
      Geekdomposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I believe this has already been proved a rumor.  The speculation is that it has something to do with the Funny or Die video he is confirmed to be filming.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 7 years agoin reply to this

You obviously didn't read everything in my original post, as I even stated that originally when I opened this thread.

3. Titen-Sxull profile image72
      Titen-Sxullposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As a nerd I'm not very hopeful about the recent direction DC is taking their movies. I liked all three Nolan Batman films though I think at this point they are considered overrated they are certainly the best batman films thus far.

I heard horrendous things about Man of Steel and its total lack of a heroic super-man and still haven't had the courage to sit through it.

Green Lantern was of course terribly bad.

So now Ben Affleck is going to be Batman in a movie where the two characters are pitted against each other. This is by far the most baffling casting choice I've ever seen for a superhero movie. I don't know that Affleck is a terrible choice as many of my fellow nerds are now saying but he certainly doesn't seem like the best fit for the role.

If Justin Bieber had really been Robin it wouldn't have negatively affected my opinion of the new movie. It's already not looking good and its gonna take a hell of a trailer to get me in the theater either way.

Marvel has their act together, DC does not, its simple as that.

1. profile image0

To be honest, I don't even think half the film critics that bashed man of steel even understood or watched the film itself.  If they had, then the criticism about superman not allegedly being heroic enough or saving others wouldn't be  there. 

First of all if those same critics watched the actual film, then they should know about the following scenes where superman did stop a machine that would've wiped out all human life on this planet, save a schoolbus full of kids, and he did save lois' dad too.  However, I guess those same people saying superman didn't save anyone in man of steel don't even want to acknowledge that much.  Nah, they much rather focus on the fact that the fight between him and zod took place mostly in metropolis, which wasn't even his fault, as zod being a military general that he is was more combat tested and experience in fighting than superman was, and he had an army of other kryptonians on his side.  whereas superman's only advantage was that his powers were more developed due to being on earth more, so yeah lets just forget that part.

However, if you do see man of steel and still feel this way, then that's your opinion and your entitled to it.  But speaking as a long time superman fan from the 90's, and even today, I honestly found man of steel to be the best interpretation of a modern superman story that i ever wished for, and i can only hope the sequel will do even better.  Yes, I have seen the christopher reeeves movies, and the first two will always hold a special place in my heart, but i feel man of steel was just a better film.

Take in mind, not everyone liked the wizard of oz when that came out in theaters originally, but look how that turned out.  Not comparing man of steel to the wizard of oz, but I'm just saying you shouldn't always believe that everything critics say is a 100 percent true, as they're not always right.  Just saying, as all forms of entertainment is subjective.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

Justin Bieber? Ack. People were angry enough about Affeck getting the Batman role; if they gave Bieber the Robin part, the internet would probably melt down from all the hatred...

1. profile image0

Yeah but they would stop complaining about affleck, so bieber being cast would take a lot of the heat off him.  lol

1. profile image0

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Matt Damon as Batman, but only cause he's such an awesome Borne.
        What about a black Batman? Will Smith can be ba when he wants to be.
        What about Colin Farrell? Women adore an Irish accent and he's definitely a tough guy.

3. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Have y'all watched Continuum on Netflix? I just discovered it. It's a scifi... futuristic, time travel, cop show, it's really good. Anyone watched it yet?

4. Tbland profile image60
    Tblandposted 10 years ago

Yes, I saw season in the spring. I'm hoping they'll get season 2...since I don't have cable I must live vicariously through netflix

1. profile image0

Me too. I think they are actually beginning season 3 so there is a season 2 out there somewhere. That's the one bad thing about Netflix... you always have to wait so long for them to get the next season. Sherlock, House of Cards, Psyche... I get addicted too easily. I just started Terra ... something... after I finished Continuum. I don't think I will like it as well, but it was a good first show.

5. Beth100 profile image70
    Beth100posted 10 years ago

He's immature and doesn't follow his press writer's speeches, which has landed him in a lot of hot water.  Some of the things that have come out of his mouth prove that he's not all that funny, he's insensitive and extremely socially inept.  Yes, I'm harsh, but I'm not impressed by him at all.  I can't imagine him in any movie, especially in a Batman movie.  Have to chuckle about that....

On another note,  how are you?

1. profile image0

im okay i guess.  Just been thinking about a lot of things lately.  How about yourself?

2. Tbland profile image60
      Tblandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Beth100( your age?lol) unfortunately it's big budget Hollywood's lame excuse for drawing in the crowd. Younger in this case, which make no sense at all.  All they care about is celebrity and gossip, not a story. There are enough rappers and singers with poor acting skills flooding the screens already. I don't wish to see another and pay $13 dollars a seat to see them.

6. Sam Dreiberg profile image83
    Sam Dreibergposted 7 years ago

Are you serious? Justin Bieber??
    I am still getting over the fact that Ben Affleck is the Batman.

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Read the entire original post please.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To cast Justin as Robin. US would blame Canada and we would have a war on our hands. Lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)