The Trump presidency... the end of liberalism?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (39 posts)
  1. A.Villarasa profile image61
    A.Villarasaposted 7 years ago

The irony of Donald Trump, once a registered Democrat, being elected president  as the Republican candidate has not been lost to anyone, least of whom  are to the main stream liberal media who tried their mighty best to derail his candidacy, and now are similarly trying   to derail his not-even-started-yet presidency.

What would be the reason for such attempts, except for the fact that media and the liberal Democratic party are deathly afraid that their liberal-progressive predisposition/agenda  would be buried under an avalanche of  icy cold Trumpism?

Now what exactly is Trumpism. Nobody knows... even the Donald doesn't know, since his response to political and non-political affairs are always made on the fly. Now that's what I would call the anarchy that would "trump" the anarchy that is now being purveyed by the multi-billionaire Soros and his cohorts on the extreme left.

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

The progressives and liberalism will remain a constant burr under Trump's saddle, we will see to that. They all will just ignore us to their peril!!!

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

LOL. That's what those of us mad at Washington said during the election.

And it will merit a repeat performance if your man gets out of line....

1. Live to Learn profile image60

If I honestly believed you, and those of like mind, were waiting for him to get out of line you'd have a valid point.

2. A.Villarasa profile image61
        A.Villarasaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your response just reinforced the general idea that liberals are nothing but a bunch of  narcissists --- so seemingly  sure of themselves  and their much ballyhooed leftist ideology. Then when events don't come their way, they start discombobulating about  why it was some other  people's fault that their expectations did not become reality. The anarchy that they are now imposing on the rest of us, because their hopes and  wishes did not come true  is totally expected and so revealing of their innermost insecurities. Insecurities, that if laid bare for all to see, lead to the conclusion that liberalism is so totally incompatible with the current worldwide view that human progress can only be done via sensical appropriation of  resources that allows for the betterment of all  people that works towards the goal of self-discipline and self-improvement.

So, how much crap did we get from rightwing fascists during the Obama administration?
          Yes, Trump will be watched closely and will be subject from criticism from progressives, everywhere. So we are bringing it on, how are you going to stop it?

"How  are you going to stop it?" I neither have the temerity nor perspicacity to stop anything....the destruction of liberalism by  progressive ideologists  could  be the best entertainment  one could hope for , so why stop it.

"How  are you going to stop it?" I neither have the temerity nor perspicacity to stop anything"

That is a wise choice

A wise decision indeed....since nothing much is coming from Hollywood these says that could be labeled entertaining.

The entertainment value of seeing liberals and progressives degrade and devalue themselves by constantly  harping on  why and how Donald Trump is " unfit to be Presudent" could only be a two thumbs up. At this point, you folks must have realized that the more you criticized Trump, the more he became endeared to the rest of the electorate.....really one of the reasons  why he won. If you haven't,  then you folks  are more clueless than I thought you  are.

1. wilderness profile image94
                  wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

They are more clueless than you thought.  Any group that could possible watch Trump being elected on the basis of "cleaning up the swamp" and turn right around and exhort electors to ignore the laws of their state, ignore their written pledge and promise, set aside any ethics they might have and violate those things by voting other than their pledge and the law required truly ARE clueless.

1. colorfulone profile image78
                    colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The Chinese Democratic Party -  Communism - puts to death those who speak against communism.

Hitler killed the Brown Shirts that took him to power, because they know that the people who are falling in with them are so stupid that they can't trust them. Because, if you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.

Therefore, the people who willingly go along with you, tells the dictator that these people are so stupid, they don't even know what I'm doing.  Its incredible, they are so stupid.

Those are notes I took today from a video with, Jordan Maxwell.  I fell in love the old guy who has committed 60 years to research, at the price of having a life apart from it.

2. wilderness profile image94

Trumpism: the concept that the swamp shall be cleaned. 

Credence need not fear as Trumpism guarantees that the "progressives" will not be ignored any more than that brown stuff on the stable floor is.  We need some of that "liberalism" mentioned, but not the "progressives" that caused Trump's election with their poor behavior over the years or those that encourage electors to violate the most simple of ethical standards in keeping their word.

Standard right wing clap trap, eh, Wilderness, you are in great form today. But if Trump, Trumpism and the GOP gets too ambitious with their 'swamp draining" operations and they step upon the wrong toes, political retribution with be both certain and severe. No quarter will be given the rightwinger, ever....

lol  Wondered when you'd slither through here, Cred!  Liked that, did you?

But yeah, gonna drain the swamp.  You progressives better start looking now for both those two honest ones you can send to Washington to represent you.  The rest are being flushed out, just like the conservative ones that they hobnob with are.

(Think we can get by with only two senators and two representatives?  If we really do a clean up that'll be about all that's left!)

I would not miss it for the world, an opportunity to fence with you once again. I hear rumor that your man is going to become a witless can opener for the GOP apparatchics and their goal of gutting Social Security and Medicare. I almost wish that they would, then I could have the opportunity to preside over the political destruction of the GOP as we currently know it. Trump promised that he would not touch it. This is the First test, let's just see how much "his word" is really worth?

When more of this fleshes out, there will be a new forum topic, so don't change the channel!

"...let's just see how much "his word" is really worth?"

Between Trump and either faithless electors OR the progressives encouraging electors to set aside their ethics to produce what those progressives want, my money is on Trump.  Both of those has already proven that their word is worthless while Trump has yet to do so. 

While Bernie was but a tool of the DNC, and the DNC but a tool of Clinton, republicans aren't built that way.  Don't believe all you hear about either them OR Trump.  Integrity, honesty, ethics and morals still matter to conservatives even if progressives have permanently set them aside for personal goals (I hope it isn't really permanent!).

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13319836.jpg
                Uncle Clint, is with us!

2. Credence2 profile image78

"Integrity, honesty, ethics and morals still matter to conservatives even if progressives have permanently set them aside for personal goals (I hope it isn't really permanent!)."

You all talk a good game, but the proof is in the pudding. If you want to keep that precious party of yours Trump had better not disappoint.

"You all talk a good game, but the proof is in the pudding."

Yes, it is...and the liberals have let their pudding slop out all over the floor with their suggestions to electors.  Now I see that massively Democratic Detroit is showing more votes than voters.  Sorry progressives, but your slip is showing, and it ain't pretty.

If Trump screws up and I suspect that he will, GOP and conservatives are going have a lot more showing than just, slips, you know what I mean?

And, I will be there with my 'I told you so'.

2. Live to Learn profile image60

It's interesting when the subject of voter fraud is brought up most democrats insist it happens on both ends, equally, but the facts continue to support the obvious conclusion that the democrats are much more inclined to find ways to pad their numbers than are republicans.

3. PhoenixV profile image64
      PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Speaking of Fake Stream Media, they actually tried to influence the election by using the stock market as a scare tactic. They should all be jailed.

2. profile image52
    Dan Fardellaposted 7 years ago

The nature of robust 'do your own thing' Americans is to support, sympathize with, and root for the underdog.  The elitists who laughed so loudly at the prospect of a Trump run for the presidency are now either yelling "foul" or kissing his ring.  How ironic.  I'm sure that The Donald loves every moment of it, considering the humiliation that was heaped upon him mercilessly by the kind of village mob that resembled a Frankenstein movie. Hatred breeds more hatred, and it would be difficult to find more hatred and dictatorial attitude than that which exists in the so called "progressive liberal".   These are the folks that insist that using the greeting "Merry Christmas" can be insulting and inappropriate.  They're the know it alls who want to tell people what to think, how to think and when to think - if they allow us to think at all.  The "elitist" is the most dangerous of species because of the hatred they instill in societies in the name of "fairness" and "decency", of which it is neither.  This is precisely the way a counter-dictator comes to power (and I am not referring to the president elect).   

But if anyone understands history, they will know how much momentum can result from the oppression that begins with the demands of the elitist, demands that the average person sees as an upper class looking down upon them.  Once a counterforce comes to power, these worms who made those demands become the source for true backlash.  And that is where the true danger lies, when the "average" lawful person with no real anger in their hearts become angry after years of abuse by those who look down their nose.   There is a difference between "don't ask don't tell" and a raunchy gay-pride parade where the alternate lifestyle folks choose to be abusively outrageous is as annoying as a "straight-pride" parade.  We, as Americans, should take pride in ourselves not because we are white, black, gay or straight, but because we are decent Americans.   Simplicity is the key to synergy.  Let us all "just get along".

3. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Thor, the god of the common people! (not the entitled people).

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13319949.jpg
    Jobs, lots of jobs.  We are winning biggly!  Winning!

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Poe's law in action.

wink

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)