Snoop Doggy Dogg shoots "Trump" clown in a music video

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

According to various news channels like CNN, Fox news and etc, it seems infamous gangster rapper, Snoop Doggy Dogg, is causing even MORE controversy these days, as he made a music video, where he shot a clown that looked exactly like Donald Trump.

Here's the link to the music video if you all want to see it for yourselves.  There's a lot of adult language in it, so you might not want to watch it if you have virgin ears, or you have other kids present around you. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4i3bAtEuJE

Assuming you saw the video, or at the very least know about it, what do you think?  Is this just an example of a rapper utilizing his right to free speech through his music?  Or do you think this is something he should be ashamed of and have to apologize to Trump for?  Please discuss.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Sadly , This has far less to do with Trump and the two faces of free speech .   This is the evolution of  the future of Politically Correct- Free Speech .  Face it or  deny it   you will  , If that were Obama in the gun sights  we would be involved in a civil war right now ! Liberal heads would explode ,But Trump ,on the other hand , is perfectly dispensable in the minds of liberal arts and liberal political minds .The Secret Service  just announced they are "looking into this "  while Snoop -Dog Shyte  , on the other hand  is sucking  pond water trying to stay financially afloat anyway ., Trump can handle the future - Snoop  won't.

1. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think you have a point.  If this had been a clown O'Bama, then there would've caused severe outrage from people.  But with Trump?  It's like we're supposed to think this is OK.  As you know, I am NOT a Donald Trump supporter in the slightest, as I wanted Bernie Sanders to win.  Let's get that straight right now, and even though i am skeptical about Trump's ability to act as the POTUS, I am willing to give him a chance by taking a "let's wait and see" approach, when it comes to judging Donald Trump as our commander and chief.

However, I will say this much.  When the controversial "Interview" film came out, which mocked Kim Jong Un, I even stated in my review that it was mostly done in poor taste, as I even said that the film had no reason to be made; in spite of how much I thought it was funny.  It was obvious from the get go that the film was solely made to make fun of the guy, and nothing more.  Having said all of that though, I would still argue with ANYONE to the death on how it's still Sony's right to produce the film to begin with.  Granted, I personally didn't agree with the concept of the film, but it's still free speech, and I would defend Sony's right to make "The Interview" with anyone.

But this?  I'm sorry, but this is beyond disrespectful.  Trump hasn't even been in office for a year yet, but we're supposed to accept a music video of Snoop Dogg shooting a clown trump in the face?  Don't get me wrong.  I love a good political satire as much as the next guy, but this is taking things way too far.  Snoop Dogg had over a million ways to convey his disgust with having Trump as our president, in this music video, yet he chose this route? 

Honestly, I think Snoop Dogg is an idiot, and he never should've made this video at all.  Seriously, if you're going to take jabs at Trump, then try to be more tactful about it.  Don't do this crap because it's not just disrespectful, but you're desensitizing younger generations to the idea of our president being shot.  I don't give a damn how much of a Trump hater you are, you can't tell me that making a music video about him getting shot is in anyway justified.  It's not, and Snoop should know better....

2. cheaptrick profile image73
    cheaptrickposted 7 years ago

The guys name is Snoop Dogg!That pretty much says it All!He did get what he wanted though;he got noticed and that's as deep as his mind is capable of going...and btw,I cant stand Trump either...

1. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 7 years agoin reply to this

+1

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)