Are my hubs publishable?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (21 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years ago

Now that I have 4 hubs on vertical sites, it's time for the next step. Should I publish a hub in a book or another website?

Yes, I know that Ive posted on the forums more than 20 times today, and the primary goal of Hubpages is to write hubs for fun and enjoyment, but could I actually publish my hubs?

1. NateB11 profile image88
      NateB11posted 6 years agoin reply to this

It's easy to self-publish these days, so the short answer is, Yes.

2. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 6 years agoin reply to this

If you publish the hubs on a website, this writing will be seen as duplicate content.  You could only publish in an e-book, or in hard copy if you remove your content from HubPages.

3. TessSchlesinger profile image60
      TessSchlesingerposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"primary goal of Hubpages is to write hubs for fun and enjoyment"

Says who?

My primary goal on hubpages is to make money. I have no other purpose. Quite a few others feel the same way.

You can't duplicate the content you have published here on another website because terms and conditions on hp forbid that. Google doesn't like it.

Certainly you can publish it in a book form, but who on earth would buy it?

1. theraggededge profile image96
        theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes you can, and no they don't. However, there isn't much point in doing so.

1. TessSchlesinger profile image60

Why don't you try publishing your hubs on another site and see how fast hubpages removes your hub?

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
            Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

They won't, Tess. It's a common misconception. 

The rule is that when you first create a Hub, it must not be already published somewhere else on the internet.

However if you publish a Hub here, and then republish it somewhere else, there is no penalty.  HubPages may warn you about the existence of the copy, but that's only as a courtesy because it may have been stolen by someone else.

Really? A secondary reason I left last time was because I was told I had to remove my article from somewhere else or have my hub removed (about 5 years ago)

Nice to know. And, yes, fast as I report some of my articles stolen and get them removed, the faster someone else copies them.

1. profile image0
                Ivan Hernandezposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Why not put a copyright on your article?

1. FatFreddysCat profile image93
                  FatFreddysCatposted 6 years agoin reply to this

You can put all the copyright notices you want on your stuff -- article thieves don't give a @$&# about them. Half the time they dont even read English. They're just scraping material to fill their own sites so they don't have to pay for it or do the work themselves.

1. profile image0

OMG!!!

2. theraggededge profile image96
            theraggededgeposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, no, because it is pointless. Having said that, a collection of my hubs were reproduced (with my permission and with links back to HP) in an e-book and available online. The originals showed up as having been copied but there was no penalty. Eventually (after three years) I decided to have it taken down as it wasn't producing any traffic.

1. profile image0

Ok. I think I get it now. My hubs are only publishable on hubpages.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Your articles are publishable, because the are already published. Posting your articles on HubPages ( or any other internet site) for public view is considered to be "publishing".

Fun and enjoyment is a fine  reason to write, but many of us consider the monetary rewards to be very important, as well. The fun might eventually fade away if there were not some earnings involved.

Since you seem to be well informed about autism, it might be time for you to start pulling those articles together for a book, but don't be in too much of a hurry. Book publishing-- especially if you want to go the traditional publishing route, takes a while and may not bring the returns you expect.
    In the meantime, keep writing (and have some fun). Good luck!

1. profile image0

I'm well informed about autism because I've researched autism. Plus, I'm autistic.

3. Marisa Wright profile image85
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

If they believe the other version PREceded the HubPages version, then they will demand its removal.

Nope. The other article was published three or four months later. At the time, the moderators were clearly Reublicans and evangelical Christians and I was a progressive and atheist. The trolling was heavy and vicious.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image93
      FatFreddysCatposted 6 years ago

Some time back I briefly considered taking the Hubs I've removed from HP (for various reasons) and compiling them in an e-book to sell on Amazon or someplace similar.

However, when I looked over the material it occurred to me that it was really a motley collecton of mostly-unrelated stuff... so cobbling it all together into one package and then expecting people to pay for it would be a waste of time and effort.

That's why I finally decided not to bother ... because the audience for an e-book entitled "Random Brain Farts From a 40-Something Nobody" was likely to be rather slim. smile

1. profile image0

I know. This could be a waste of time. I'm sticking with HubPages.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image60

You just made me laugh! smile

3. profile image0

tongue HA! That joke was hilarious. Who would want to read a spoof of a 40-year-old's book when he could just continue on HubPages??

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)