Have you ever had a near death experience? Please share.

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. reggieTull profile image60
    reggieTullposted 14 years ago

Have you ever had a near death experience?  Please share.

2. K.D. Clement profile image68
    K.D. Clementposted 14 years ago

This is a difficult hub for me to write because it touches on a  time in my life that I am still processing.

Five years ago I was a thirty year old mother with two little girls, aged 2
    and 3, and a 3-month old baby. My husband was pursuing his... read more

3. maggs224 profile image80
    maggs224posted 14 years ago

This is my account of  'A Near Death Experience.' There are increasingly more and more theories about why this happens, but this will tell you what effect this NDE had on my life read more

4. RedElf profile image88
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

What happens after we die? Before we "move on" to that better place, do we ever try to contact our loved ones? Has someone who passed on tried to contact you? Here is one such experience. read more

5. J. Kumm profile image60
    J. Kummposted 14 years ago

It wasn't really all that near; I wasn't hurt or injured or anything. It was so close though, that it changed my life.

I was driving down a busy street in Scottsdale, AZ and had pulled up to a stop light. The intersections had 3 lanes of traffic in all directions, and it was night time. I had just purchased my new, quick and sporty V-Tech Civic and had recently been very rev happy and quick on the trigger. In driver's education, you are taught to pause on green for a few seconds to let any stragglers and red light runners go through the intersection rather than jumping the gun.

This particular time, I decided to jump the gun and gunned it for a quick start on green. I was the first through the intersection and the car behind me was less than 2 seconds behind. I looked in my rear view mirror in just enough time to see a large pickup truck traveling 45-50 miles t-bone the car directly behind me who wasn't so lucky to be the first through the intersection. The passenger was certainly killed or badly injured and I'm sure the driver was hurt badly too.

I reflected and still do reflect on my lucky position in line at this stop light. This is actually also the close call that prompted me to come out to my family and be honest with them about my sexuality.

6. arjn1472 profile image60
    arjn1472posted 14 years ago

Yup, i am lucky to tell you my experience when i just touched the door of life after death.
    It was the day i went for swimming lessons and unfortunately my trainer went out for some work and i had a intense false belief that i could swim and went to the deep side.
    And fuh, there i was inside water as if earth is sucking me in and water filling into my lungs.
    After this i could only remember is that i was dark and found myself in the hospital.

7. Murilion profile image60
    Murilionposted 14 years ago

I have been shocked by the thunder,and seldom when I fell a sleep at day light I cannot wake up although I am thinking I want to wake,I think I got a pre stroke.and That certainly near death to me

8. profile image0
    blueraven6posted 14 years ago

Yeah. Injured severely in W. Germany while in the Army. Spent two weeks and more in the Hospital in Nurnberg.

I was hit from behind. The only thing I remember is the two footsteps, and then nothing until I woke up while the surgeons were sewing me up. What happened in between was very interesting, as it literally changed my spiritual life from one of 'party animal' to serious seeker after spiritual truth.

I saw a white light, and rapidly approached it. The feeling was one of absolute love squared. I've never felt anything remotely like it, before or since. I met a being of near pure white light who taught me for a long time with a book - a book with all the details of my life in it. He showed me where I had made wrong decisions, and where I had made right ones. No judgment, only information. The feedback was extra-ordinary in my life directions, and successes.

He showed me the promises I had made before entering this reality. He asked me if I wished to continue, or stay there with him. The decision was very tough to make. I had not encountered that much love before, or since. I finally made the decision to abide by my promises before this lifetime began.

I know I made finger marks on the tunnel going back.

I awoke with the surgeon sewing my ear back on.

For many weeks after, I had no memory of my previous physical life here. My family and other loved ones were only a distant blur for a long time. Finally, the memories returned, or most of them. I still get caught up on little things my Mother tries to remind me of.

An experience I would not trade at all.

blueraven6

9. C.V.Rajan profile image59
    C.V.Rajanposted 14 years ago

My sister's daughter had this experience more than 2 decades ago.

Here is the hub that describes the incident:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Open-heart-suge … saw-it-all

10. anisetta profile image58
    anisettaposted 14 years ago

In 2004 my husband and I were driving on the freeway on our way back home. Suddenly I saw a big thing on the road, a second later the car hit something, we lost control of the car and found ourselves experiencing a centripetal force as the car started to spin. Maybe the momentum of the speed forced the car partially off the object which turned out to be a matress. But we still had not control of the car. After a few more spins we ended up facing the divider, half of the car was on the path of the incoming traffic and half was still stuck on the mattress just a few inches from the center divider.

We both have our sit bealts on, and both looked at each other in disbelief. Still in shock we saw three cars coming our way, we just thought we were going to die there. Fortunatelly all three car were able to steer off and avoided colliding with our little car.

We finally recover enough to understand that we needed to get out of the car and reach for safety before another car could not avoid crashing with us. But the police had arrived and stopped the traffic. I was amaze when I saw the damage to the car. There was absolutely nothing. It was like an angel had carried the car during the accident and had put it down gentle on its resting position. I broke down at that moment, I felt a supernatural intervention. I had lost my sister to child birth less that two years back. I had alwasy felt her presence around me specially in times of hardship and desperation. But at this accident I could say that she had stopped the car from hitting the divider and crossing into the other side of the freeway, where for sure we would have been if not killed, very badly injured.

I was petty shaken by this accident, but somehow incredibly calm aftewrwards, just thinking that my sister was the angel that had looked over us that faitful evening.

11. Mrs. J. B. profile image61
    Mrs. J. B.posted 13 years ago

I do not remember much but it was when my daughter Simone was born and I lost over 7 units if blood in less than a minute. I just remeber waking up with fingers holding my eye open and 4 doctors all around me calling my name. I knew right afterwards that by looking at my eye it was for dialated pupils which would indicate death.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)