Is anyone else having difficulty with SEO?

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Glenn Mosser profile image60
    Glenn Mosserposted 14 years ago

Is anyone else having difficulty with SEO?

2. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I have a hub with some basic info on SEO and links to some other great hubs from other hubbers.  Maybe you will find something that will help.  If not ask a specific question in the forum as there are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable hubbers there.

3. traderx profile image60
    traderxposted 14 years ago

SEO itself is not that hard, there are a few steps that you always follow.  Most people's issue is not doing any keyword research at all, and/or trying to rank for keywords that are dominated by major players.  It comes down to only a few factors:

Keywords
    Meta Tags
    Relevant, focused content on site
    back links to site from outside

Of course there is a bit more to it, but those are the basics that need to be covered.  Most people mess up at number 1, making the other 3, no matter how hard you try, very ineffective.

4. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 14 years ago

SEO is easy once you know what needs doing. I wrote a hub which will take you through what you need to do step by step:

http://hubpages.com/hub/increase-page-r … h-pagerank

5. CarynMurray profile image60
    CarynMurrayposted 14 years ago

I agree with the other answers to this question, but there's a lot to take into consideration. You can be perfectly optimized for the search engines and still never reach the front page of search engine results. If your niche is too competitive, or not specific enough, you can have a very hard time reaching that top 3 ranking... remember EVERYBODY wants to reach that level.

I work with SEO as a copywriter, and most of the mistakes I see is publishing keyword rich content that isn't entirely unique and original. This mistake is being made a lot lately, so it's important to remember that even if something passes copyscape... that doesn't mean it's unique enough to interest a reader.

Beyond the keyword density of optimal keywords, search engines give more priority to websites that are receiving high traffic and low bounce rates.For that reason, your content should be optimized for humans first, and search engines second.

If you're struggling with SEO, I can give you some specific DIY tips on how to improve. Just let me know the niche you are targeting, and what you have done to optimize.

6. averagemom profile image60
    averagemomposted 14 years ago

Oh yeah!  This stuff is mind boggling to me.  I have spent hours on end with learning this stuff over the past year and a half.  I don't know if it's learning, but reading.  It's taking me a little longer than normal (whatever is normal), to figure it out.  I've spent lots of money on ebooks, testing sites, buying domain names.  I think I kind of get it, but it is constantly changing.  Every guru has their own little differences surrounding great SEO with a lot of info that remains constant.  I like thekeywordacademy dudes.  straight to the point and easy reading.  That is why I am here on the hubpages, gonna try this out  as well.  I am happy to say that I am finally making $30 bucks a month on my niche website.  Took me a year to do, now I am trying to figure out how to make start earning more from it.  Just keep on at at.

7. profile image52
    blong72posted 14 years ago

yea i agree with traderx with having focused page content on your website or blog. I would also add in to consider using other web 2.0 sites like hub pages. blogger, vox and wetpaint  are good ones to use and write articles that link back to your main site. Another thing if you want to take it to another level is set up simple wordpress .info blogs with different hosting companys. You get different ip addresses with hosting companies which makes your seo stronger.

8. monikapardasaney profile image60
    monikapardasaneyposted 13 years ago

It's a gradual process. SEO is a waiting game and we need to wait to see results.

9. blackhatworld profile image61
    blackhatworldposted 13 years ago

I am a Canadian and I have my own SEO team here in the Philppines.  Anyone who says it is easy does NOT know what is all about or they are trying to sell come "Secret Method" to get on the 1st page of Google.

It takes lots of hard work and dedication to rank well with Google for decent keywords.  It is easy to rank with keywords like "Sanpurinzing fish" (just a phrase I made up), because there is no competition.

Try to rank well with Blackha world .  This is not meant to get a link.  It is only for illustration purposes.  You have allot of competition and the competition is SEO savvy.  I know how to get on that 1st page but I bet 99.9% of the people who say it is easy cant. 

Also, the key to getting on the 1st page of Google is longevity.  You want your SERP on the 1st page to stick.

10. teethwhiteninguk profile image60
    teethwhiteningukposted 13 years ago

SEO process is easy and effective to do it yourself for your website business. I am preparing and implementing very effective on line marketing strategies to get more business from website, SEO is one of it.

For more please visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_engine_optimization

11. almahmud profile image60
    almahmudposted 13 years ago

At first I encounter more difficulties but later on due to my further research and study I getting easy for me.

12. Savva Pelou profile image60
    Savva Pelouposted 12 years ago

remember 1 thing, seo is not simple and the reason why its not simple is that Google have a 200 point criteria list to asses how you are ranked.  seo agency's know of around 20.  SEO is based on principle rather than hard facts, any agency that say they can get you at number 1 are either lieing or they are Google in disguise.

13. profile image48
    George_Allenposted 12 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5747605_f260.jpg

yes, i have some difficulty in SEO but when i discussed it with my friend he told me to visit - http://www.zylone.com/

14. profile image53
    killeenvisionposted 11 years ago

I initially had some problems with SEO, but then I decided to opt for professional help. I am using http://centextech.com to optimize my website. The results are really impressive.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)