Lance, why are some Muslims nice people while the ones in Afghanistan join terro

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. profile image54
    hotaru80posted 13 years ago

Lance, why are some Muslims nice people while the ones in Afghanistan join terrorist groups?

2. aktifistri profile image58
    aktifistriposted 13 years ago

Hi Hotaru8o! I am sorry for interupting since i see you're asking somebody (Lance). Your question's just interesting to me for I am a muslim smile

To answer your question, i would say your (1) interpretation and (2) understanding of any religion's text will lead you to become whether or not an open-mind person. Since human's live never stop developing, the society is very dynamic, so to understand the context of religion's texts is very important..

The almost blinded obedience to 'islamic teachers' also lead people to a relatively narrow-ways of seeing things or phenomenon in the society.. any ways i can see on the firsthand that some particular teachers will only teach what they got from their teachers without any consistent effort to enhance or deepen their knowledge about islam and other religions..

Furthermore, it's urgently needed to study the root and history of religion, it helps people to be more peaceful in living their religion without being so judgmental to other religions and their believers. The biggest problem is..because of the shallow understanding about Islam and religion, some selfish people on earth would see any injustice and unfair condition with an unpeaceful glasses..distruction instead of intellectual ways..

It's my two cents.. please have a good day! Salam..

3. Diane Inside profile image73
    Diane Insideposted 13 years ago

I don't think all muslims in Afghanistan join terrorist groups, It just seems that way because that's all the media reports on. Many people of all different religions go to extremes, and can become violent not really being conscientious of what is right.

4. dabeaner profile image59
    dabeanerposted 13 years ago

According to Islam, the nice ones are not GOOD Muslims.  They are ALL supposed to convert infidels, and if that fails, kill them.
    (Infidels are all those who are NOT Muslim -- or the proper type of Muslim.)

All you kumbaya folk -- wake up.  Educate yourself.  Islam is a danger to all those of you with a "western" lifestyle, or who want one.

5. cashmere profile image78
    cashmereposted 13 years ago

Not all Muslims are terrorists, just a small percentage of them are.
    Just like not all Germans were Nazis, but a small percentage of them were.
    You can not imagine the poverty and circumstances that make the foot soldiers of the Islamic Jihad. They have little choice in the matter.
    However it is the generals of the jihad that need to be found and targeted, or it will lead to another holocaust

6. Lance Crowe profile image65
    Lance Croweposted 13 years ago

“Why are some Muslims nice people while there are those in Afghanistan in these terrorist groups?”
    there will always be the outliers at one extreme or the other probably with about 80% caught in the middle. So the answer to the question is that in Afghanistan, the Muslims that attract the most attention are the extremists engaged in an insurgency resorting to terrorist tactics. The sad part is that so many of the original Taliban have been killed off and replaced by others that they’ve probab read more

7. Hridyapal Bhogal profile image60
    Hridyapal Bhogalposted 13 years ago

religion...my dear friend...religion is the root cause for this....and most importantly ..some facts  mentioned in "Quran" have been misinterpreted by these "wandering souls"

8. idreesfarooq profile image60
    idreesfarooqposted 13 years ago

Hi Lance, not every Muslim is a terrorist. Just like in a community there are bad people and there are good people. And the number of bad people is always less. So these peoples which are doing terrorist activities are basically some bad people hijacked by ill mental peoples. I pray for them to come back again to right path.. But you will not blame to whole 100 % for just 5 to 10 % people. I hope my simple words will make you clear. thanks for your question!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)