What Can We Do As A Society To Lower Our Higher Divorce Rate of 40% In This Coun

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)
  1. ngureco profile image80
    ngurecoposted 13 years ago

What Can We Do As A Society To Lower Our Higher Divorce Rate of 40% In This Country?

We Need To Bring That Divorce Rate To Lower Than 3%. It Is Said Couples Of Different Faiths Are Three Times More Likely To Divorce Than Those Of The Same Faith. Infrequent Church Attendance Is Being Cited As The Main Cause Of Divorce. Seriously, What Can We Do As A Society Before Our Society Disintegrate Completely? You As A Human Being, Are You Really Bothered And Worried By These Statistics?

2. ZarkoZivkovic profile image62
    ZarkoZivkovicposted 13 years ago

It has nothing to do with religion, love conquers all, right! I would say don't rush into marriage and don't quit at the first sign of trouble. you just quit too easily.

3. lbramos profile image61
    lbramosposted 13 years ago

Hi,

I agree with you, we really need to lower this diveroce rate, but not only in america, but everywhere in the world!

I think that here, in Portugal, the rate is: 2 marriages for 1 divorce... It's really scaring...

I think the best way is for people to work on their relantioships. I wrote a hub on that, please check it out at http://hubpages.com/hub/Success-Love-Li … lationship and tell me what you think!

Cheers
    Luis

4. svencill profile image61
    svencillposted 13 years ago

We need to reinforce our morals. Need to teach people to respect each other and we need to talk to our children more about relationships and how important it is to not rush into things.

5. profile image0
    Helpful Hannaposted 13 years ago

That is a scary statistic.  I'm not sure if it is a result of religion, money, etc..  I actually think it is a combination of many factors.  Life is a lot more stressful today than it has been in the past.  Unfortunately our relationships and personal lives get the short end of the stick.

6. Trazanna-Lee profile image60
    Trazanna-Leeposted 13 years ago

All we need to do (as human beings in relationships) is love more. I don't mean go out and hug people. I mean care more about others, and put effort into all of your relationships, not just the ones you come home to. Those people who you call your friends, and even the people who live on the same block. Nurturing these relationships is a big part of keeping your own love life above water.

The key to staying in love is Love.

7. Dada_Phil profile image59
    Dada_Philposted 13 years ago

Bad divorce laws make divorce much too simple and do not protect the family. If one spouse wants to quit the marriage, divorce lawyers will favor her over the faithful husband and not contest the divorce.
    If you allow a wife to divorce her husband because he sneezed on Thursday, this is ludicrous! She didn't like it that he sneezed so this is considered irreconcilable differences? Am I being silly or absurd? The court does not give any consideration to the parent who argues against the divorce. This is because there is no attorney who will contest it, even if the father can show that there is no legitimate reason for granting the divorce or that there is every reason to keep the marriage intact.
    We all look somewhere else but the problem exists because the attorneys and judges seem to take a dim view of what the legislature had passed down and they give their own spin that stands in contradiction to the legislature. Since when does the court have any discretion in acting against the will of the legislature? This seems understandable when you look at who you elected. There are no senators or representatives who are willing to recognize the problem and correct weak divorce laws that allow the courts to run amok.

If a spouse was allowed to contest the divorce on the merits, there would be no enticement for a spouse to get a divorce and make off with the goods. The divorce rate would plummet.

Please challenge me on it. I would love to debate the subject.

8. Tony L Smith profile image52
    Tony L Smithposted 13 years ago

You can't force people to love, but you can teach them truth. Men and women are truly different. Men are the gatekeepers and high priest of the homes. We have different roles or functions in the relationship. Men are to love and lay down their life for thier wives, women should honor and pray for thier husbands to walk in wisdom and strength

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)