Do You Have Energy?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (59 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

-How do we sense and feel anothers energy without words at times, kinda like dogs?

-Is there a way to prove we can sense anothers energy through a forum?

1. Drew Breezzy profile image61
      Drew Breezzyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

kinda confused but its just a vibe you get

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol I'm confused also, I don't really have a set direction. Why are you confused?

2. Mark Knowles profile image57
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

1. Easy - spend a few years training martial arts and you can sense certain energies.

2. No - but you can tell a lot by the way a question is worded. wink

I have done some amateur MMA an also bounced. It's odd to read a drunk persons energy when you can tell they will cause a problem. What energy do you sense from the question wording? lol

1. Mark Knowles profile image57

This is a huge question - and like Jewel's answers - you need to experience it for yourself. For me - 20 years training Aikido and developing a 6th sense - although, I have since come to the conclusion that this is merely an "animal" sense to protect ourselves that has become un-necessary in modern society and is largely cloaked with all the electrical technology around.

It is still there if you wish to develop it - but it takes work - looking inside and reaching a "higher consciousness."

Yep, I have to get around to reading more of her hubs. I talked to her about meditation and promised to try it out. Still working on that.

Well - she took a very different route to me. And you are asking all the right question.

But - you are assuming an answer and asking in the wrong places. The answer is inside and cannot be found by asking some one else.

I am a very physical person. For me - Aikido, Yoga, African Dance, Sweat lodges, and several other methods - provided the answers I was looking for. It may be different for you. You will have to look.

I can promise it will not come from asking loaded questions though. wink

Ty for sharing. I'm really interested in the transition phase from going to one state of consciousness to another. Is there any way to describe the transition before experience?

You need to find it for yourself. Any explanations or road maps turn into what you have already seen. religion.......... lol

lol We both know I don't wanna go anywhere near the "R" road.

3. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you can sense the energy thru all the smileys!!!!! and plus, if soemone says your an idiot, they prolly have some energy too.
      as far as in person, I think it is just matter of obersavtion and not thinking about yourself 24/7. maybe...

Ah, on the smileys, is this from energy or is this pre-formed thoughts from us already recognizing the expression of the smiley?

1. profile image0

hmmmm   wink  dunno. I will be back. I suppose, we all have our own interpritations(....cant spell today....)of it. I need to think some more on this. Your right, but I know what I mean, but I cant put it into words.

I think I know what you mean to. It's the energy. lol

2. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 14 years ago

Speaking for myself only, I find that real insights and subtle 'hits' have a very specific 'feel' to them. It's impossible to describe. All I can say is you know it when it happens. You can feel the difference and there's a certainty to it. Like when you see a chair and touch it. You don't wonder if if was REALLY a chair, you just see and touch it.

Hard to explain.

Listen to Mark. smile

Could assumptions be considered energy?

This question is to anyone.

3. goodfriendiam profile image60
    goodfriendiamposted 14 years ago

I disagree, try this, marinealways24,  If you would like to learn how to open or expand, your mind, try this. Find a comfortable place to sit, and not to be distracted. close your eyes and empty your mind by gently telling yourself, very quietly "hush, thoughts be still". And when your mind has become still, image yourself with your eyes opened sitting in your comfortable position in your mind, take and spray paint everything white, everything you see around you in your mind, now extend that whiteness outwards, another way is to pretend you are in a room with no windows and everything is white and of course extend the whiteness out again  and yet another way is to wrap white ribbons, the whole way around you like you are creating a circle enclosure around you and then again extend the whiteness out. Let me know if you try this. I hope you find success.

I will try these out and get back to you. I tried out something similar to clear my mind. I imagined picking thoughts out of the air and breathing them out to clear my head. Is this kinda the same idea?

1. goodfriendiam profile image60
        goodfriendiamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely not, this will clear uninvited thoughts, and allow for your real thoughts to emerge. Also pay close attention when you quietly tell your thoughts to hush....its more like shhhhhhhh thoughts me still, almost a gentle whisper to your thoughts.

2. marinealways24 profile image59

uninvited thoughts like ones from friends, society, outside sources rather than individual thoughts?

yes

My mind will find it's individual thoughts on anything I hear or read. I will debate everything until I find my absolute individual idea of the topic. When doing this, it's very stressfull to debate everything you hear, much easier to agree. I still have to try these techniques you mentioned. Thank You

4. jiberish profile image79
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

I had a boss one time who sent me this e-mail "Get it done!", when I confronted her about it being rude, she informed me that e-mails and memos can't express emotion. Course she was the kind of person who 's negative aura could be felt two floors away. smile

lol Some co-workers have that "special energy" don't they? I know exactly what you are talking about. Thank You for adding.

5. marinealways24 profile image59
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

When we look at others body language or expression, is this energy they are giving off? I think it could be pre-formed thoughts of recognizing what mood the other is in. Energy or thought?

Why do so many of us do activities to take our minds/thoughts off of life? Is it because the stress of thinking? I would agree that it's much easier and less stress to live without thinking. How good of a mood does the news put you in?

I think you think to much.......lol....only kidding.....I use to think or try to go to deep into certain things, and this only caused me, to get frustrated, I don't think you can go by there expression, I do believe this will only give you those predetermined thoughts you were talking about. Which by the way come from past experiences that are no more.  Now if you would hang out with them for awhile then the truth of what spirit they come from will reveal itself. smile

lol I do think too much. I think I have some ADD. Excellent thought on the expressions. I work in customer service and someones expression will often lie to what type of mood they are in. Excellent post. Thanks

Is there a way to stop analyzing everything to enjoy the moment?

Yes the very exercise I gave you should start you on your way.

If we stop analyzing while in public, aren't we failing to think?

no. on the contrary, you will be more aware/awake of you surroundings, and be able to see what you really do see very clearly

Ah, can you give an example?

First are you really asking me or do you already know this?

I'm really asking. I have no experience with meditation.

6. Davinagirl3 profile image61
    Davinagirl3posted 14 years ago

We are all, nothing but, energy!

I dunno, my batteries are getting old.

7. blondepoet profile image67
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Yes I am good at sensing the energy in others but only in real life especially if they are sweating, and have just ran 10 miles, now that takes energy which cannot be denied. smile smile smile

It took me energy just thinking about someone running 10 miles. Odd how excercise works. It takes away your energy while and after the exercise, but it gives you more energy in the days to come after you recover. Why do our minds get tired also when our bodies get tired?

1. blondepoet profile image67
        blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is so so true people do not exercise as they are too tired, yet by exercising it will increase your energy levels dramatically.

2. profile image0

mine doesnt. If my body is tired from physical activity, my mind is fine. If my mind is tired from too much emotion, my body gets tired.
        I was really thinking about this last night. About energy expressed/percieved thru written word. I do think, that every reader percieves energy or emotion thru written word, just as the writer intended to express said energy. I do not think the reader will always percieve the intended expression, everyone has thier own learned responses to  smile   but that is not your origional question. I still say we recogonize energy by observation.

I'm not sure, but I think the mind is core of everything, like a control system. I think the mind tells us when or body feels tired. How do we tell our mind that our body isn't tired?

As far as recognizing by observation, how about a blind man? The blind man can still have emotional energy from his wife or someone with never being able to view or observe.

1. profile image0

he can still hear. He can listen, thats part of observing. I think?

What about the energy in the tone of a voice? Sarah Palin is a good example. It was hard to hear what she had to say because her tone gave a insecure/weak perception of her. Do you think our tones have energy?

1. profile image0

sorry, I didnt hear the sara thing. I dont think tones have energy themselves, but like smileys..they will portray the energy. does that make sense? I am aware that the listener may not percieve it as intended, but its still there. My husband can always tell if I am upset, no matter how hard I try to hide it. Because he knows me. Some people pay attention, others dont.

2. profile image0

I really dont know how. I just know, that I do it. If it NEEDS to be done, I do it. If I need to stay awake for 48 hours, cuz of a sick kid or something, there is a part of my brain that says.."do this."

Ah, so we have the ability to go against what our mind tells us. I think this is called our conscious, maybe?

8. profile image51
    sryan944posted 14 years ago

who would not have energy to brilliant Golden Retrievers dog..
    they have energy for us..they why not spend time with them.

I have no idea what you are/were trying to say. I got that you like dogs and they give us energy. Thanks for adding.

1. XTASIS profile image60
        XTASISposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He's translating from one of those machines, or maybe he comes from the planet Sryan lol

9. XTASIS profile image60
    XTASISposted 14 years ago

You can sense energy even in a pitch black room or if you're blind. It doesn't have anything to do with eye sight

Hello XTASIS, Thanks for adding. I believe this is possible also, but "how" is my question.

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It can't b explained is something you feel if you're aware enough. Like feeling someone is going to cheat on you, or someone not being sincere

Ah, but is this energy or something we have learned throughout life?

1. profile image0

both. babies can tell if a parent is stressed. body language, sight, hearing, even smell I guess. soemeis learned, some is instinct. How do birds know when to fly south?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)