If the world does NOT need GOD to have love & peace what does it need?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (28 posts)
  1. ElElyone profile image59
    ElElyoneposted 14 years ago

I promise to NOT tell you it needs me big_smile

The world has made an opinion about that very clear already!!!

I am just wondering what the world thinks it needs in order to have.....

Love, peace, mercy, justice, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness,

self control, unity, harmony, forgiveness, joy, happiness, respect and honor.smile

I mean, I am making the assumption that all peoples want these things right?

To be sure though...some want total anarchy for sure. I am not sure if they would want it right in their own bedroom while they slept though. Kind of makes it hard to get up and go to work I think.

So what does the world of this forum think that it needs in order to have these aforementioned characteristics?

big_smile

2. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

To treat each other in that manner. Ah, would that it were. As it stands God is used as an excuse for all sorts of nasty and violent acts. So, while I do agree that the world desperately could use all of those warm and wonderful things I am not convinced that a general idea of 'god' could help us achieve them.
    If God is the very essence of love and peace, then millions of people are really missing the mark in the way the represent him/her/it.

ElElyoneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why yes, multitudes of teachers, preachers, evangelists, church goers and professing believers do untold mindless madness "in my name" and bring shame to my name. Having NOTHING to do with who I really AM at all.

They are like little children who assume they can do as they please and mommy and daddy will back them up.

I hate presumptuousness with a passion!!! mad

They cause many to go astray and be wholesale deceived and brought into many sorrows. It is a grievous thing to see this going on.

People doing things that have nothing to do with how I AM and yet they say they know me.

They are presumptuous and assume to do my will and all the while ע ל ע ל י ו ן
      knows them NOT.

3. profile image0
    fierycjposted 14 years ago

The world wants its drugs, plastic surgery, weirdos, and jimmy shoes. That's all it needs to be perfect!

Surly you jest dear man.

I do know that enough drugs will get one perfect for sure.
      Perfectly DEAD.

I think you all have lost enough of mankind to this madness.

It is very grievous to see indeed. sad

And the plastic surgery???

Well, that is one way to create and illusion.
      If you get enough of them, I am told that you can remove and replace your nose too. smile

4. ElElyone profile image59

Hummmm....???

I thought I saw a post from one FSM in here.
    Maybe he is in edit mode ???

5. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

I saw an argument by an iranian comedian the other day on TV, he said:

The East brought spirituality to the West

Why?

In the West we are unhappy

Why?

In the West we are unfulfilled

Why?

In the West we only care about drugs and sex and violence

Why?

Because in the West we don't have as much a spiritual side as in the East

Why?

Because in the West we have no need for it

Why?

Because in the West we are happy

Why?

Because in the West we have drugs and sex and violence

I'm not suggesting this as a serious answer - I just thought it was a funny point =P

The comedian is Omid Djalili incase anyone is wondering.

6. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

So what does the world of this forum think that it needs in order to have these aforementioned characteristics?

Money

Hummmmm.....????
      Let me look ever the list here...hold on a sec.

self control, unity, harmony, forgiveness, joy, happiness, respect and honor.

Well it would appear that $$$$$ might buy you these.....and I live on a golf course in the middle of a Canyon 6 miles from the nearest red light and have a lake in my front yard and blah, blah, blah....who cares.smile

I do not know of anyone who lives nearby that has purchased patience or harmony or self control or kindness or mercy or gentleness or joy or unity or peace or faithfulness or love with $$$$$

Perhaps they have "appeared" to buy some happiness, honor, justice and respect.

But when I talk to them, they say "naw, that's an illusion" sad

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been doing it for years and it's cool. And who are 'them'? a bunch of losers? Come on GOD you know better ! You created the world. Remember? Or you got  some Alzheimer  from your creation ? big_smile

My dear man.

Where I live, I would NOT call anyone a loser out here in this secluded canyon on a golf course and homes start at 5,000 sq. ft. and  where...unless you know someone, you are NOT welcome, in fact if you know NOT someone, you cannot even find this place.

No dear man, no losers out here, NOT by your standards.

But they will tell you they cannot by the list.

1. tantrum profile image60
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So you live somewhere? What kind of God r u ? Do you pay taxes ? OMG!  And why do you need a golf course ? To score?

Being me, I live wherever I AM.

I have many mansions and many rooms.

I tend to travel around a lot between this realm and my own.

Sometimes only to the 3rd heaven, sometimes I go to the 10th.
              Just depends on what is going on you know.

And taxes? I own the cattle on a thousand hills, no problem.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Many think "All you need is Love".

God is Love.

"Love, peace, mercy, justice, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness,self control, unity, harmony, forgiveness, joy, happiness, respect and honor"

All are attributes of God.

Ah, love.

I love love.

How is this defined on earth today?

2. ElElyone profile image59

Well said....you get a special seat here.

8. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

It needs to throw down those friggin' weapons is what it needs. big_smile

Well yes, that would be a good thing.

But if all the weapons were destroyed, could people NOT still find a way to kill one another with fists and rocks and words?

Therefore making it a matter of the heart?

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well at least they would stand a better chance then being blasted in the middle of the night.  Anyways, what benefit does weaponry bring to the world?  None.

From my view.

If a man can protect his family and himself (he should protect them first and lay down his life if need be for them) from evil men by using his words, then that is best. smile

When evil men make weapons that make ones words of no effect, then the mans family has no chance.

I think that evil people do evil things with or without weapons and good people do good with or without weapons.

I think some weapons are made just for evil purposes too.
          They have NO GOOD use.

Even in nature each creature has a way to defend from attack, many, many, many different ways and many of them are NOT violent, they are diversionary.big_smile

9. tantrum profile image60

you sound like Bill Gates. 0 credibility as a God. I should say you're more a Tycoon

Ah my dear one Tantrum:

ע ל ע ל י ו ן

Believes it is more of a blessing to give rather than to receive.

That is why I give away what I have.

Your breath being one of them my dear Tantrum big_smile

Ah my dear man:

These cards make one a slave to the Company of said cards.

The creditor is master over the debtor.

Therefore "buying" anything on the list of.....

"Love, peace, mercy, justice, patience, kindness, gentleness, faithfulness,self control, unity, harmony, forgiveness, joy, happiness, respect and honor"

Is yet another illusion of the world and makes you a slave to it.

10. tantrum profile image60

And now I leave for I'm going out 2 buy peace, love ,happiness,harmony and what have you, with my gold Visa and my platinum Master Card. So long God! Enjoy your stay in this Hell of a World. Bye !! big_smile

11. ElElyone profile image59

It is yet early and we need stay focused yes?

If the world does NOT need GOD to have love & peace what does it need?

I promise to NOT tell you it needs me big_smile

The world has made an opinion about that very clear already!!!

I am just wondering what the world thinks it needs in order to have.....

self control, unity, harmony, forgiveness, joy, happiness, respect and honor.smile

I mean, I am making the assumption that all peoples want these things right?

To be sure though...some want total anarchy for sure. I am not sure if they would want it right in their own bedroom while they slept though. Kind of makes it hard to get up and go to work I think.

So what does the world of this forum think that it needs in order to have these aforementioned characteristics?smile

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To give a one word answer, and not being a traditionally religious type person, I would have to say.... God.

edit: Just went back to re-read some earlier posts.
      My seat is just fine. Don't need an upgrade.

Humble you are.

To humble yourself gets you exalted and humble people do not care to be exalted.

Amen

12. RooBee profile image83
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

Ay yi yi, we have none other than the Almighty here in these very forums? I have always wanted to ask you: What is the deal with original sin? What a crock, right? Is there gonna be a showdown between you and that Spaghetti deity in the other thread?
    Well, big fella, take care..oh, and please bless Mummy and Daddy and little Tiny Tim...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)