What is better to do follow, lead or wander astray through life?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)
  1. mylife=adventure profile image61
    mylife=adventureposted 13 years ago

What is better to do follow, lead or wander astray through life?

My opinion is to do what makes you truly happy whether it be follow, leading or wandering. Myself am a wanderer in life, but I would love to hear your answers what you believe is better or a story of what makes you fall into one of these categories.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4528165_f260.jpg

2. CDL Career Coach profile image64
    CDL Career Coachposted 13 years ago

I think I'll go for ... LEAD.  I spent most of my life so far following and ended up wandering astray because the people I followed didn't know where the heck they were going.  I'd say pick your own goals and go for it.  Lead the way for yourself at least, if you suceed maybe others will follow you, but at least you can end up where you want to be.

3. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 13 years ago

I love your answer. Do what it is that makes you happy. This is what the enlightened people do. They live, moment to moment.

4. profile image49
    Cuddles-Gamerposted 13 years ago

It would be my belief that wandering astray through life is truly the only option that would mean being faithful to yourself. If you follow people through your life, then it truly isn't your life at all. If you lead through life then you are doing it for the glory, I mean if you where a leader without followers, you wouldnt be leading at all. When you wander a path, you experience it more. you live your life the way you truly want to, it's that, that allows you to have choices, experience the wonders and sadness that life gives. If you are in front or behind someone else you loose the experiences that you could have.

5. Vinodkpillai profile image71
    Vinodkpillaiposted 13 years ago

first of all I quite liked the question.
    my view is that leading following and wandering are all equally important functions. Leading and following are absolutely essential for organised existence - there can be no leader without followers and no followers without anybody to lead them. Wandering is what brings in the exploring and adventure element which takes us into unchartered territories and provides new perspectives and vistas to explore. I also think that most of us would be leaders followers and wanderers in different facets of life. I could be a junior employee who is a follower at my workplace, but a leader when I go to the club and play my role as an active founder member and office bearer. We do slot people and say X is a leader or a follower but I believe that given the opportunity and training anybody can learn and develop into a fine leader. I also believe that one who is a top class leader would have learnt to be a good follower along the way to becoming a leader. Wandering can at times be thankless without any payoffs but if one strikes gold, then its a different story altogether.

6. Plarson profile image60
    Plarsonposted 13 years ago

Well, I have always felt that in order to live or experience life, you have to actually get out and do just that, go live it and experience all you can.  So LEAD!! Besides...'A boat adrift, even with the motors running, still only goes where the wind may take it, if the gears are leftl in neutral."

7. mylife=adventure profile image61
    mylife=adventureposted 13 years ago

But a boat adrift can be the most beautiful thing in the world allowing you to look around and see the true world around and enjoy what we as human beings have truly been blessed with. So I say let the wind take you away and find your calling that way.

Just a mans opinion though.

Stay Happy and True...Mylife

8. Mark Upshaw profile image59
    Mark Upshawposted 13 years ago

Following ones one heart is the only thing that make anyone happing.  To follow someone external is ridiculous, to follow one's one mind is erroneous. To truly lead, again, one must listen to one's own heart or the person leads by the prevailing winds and to wander without direction is the same as going with the prevailing winds which may sound romantic but isn't.  However, many confuse wandering with following their own heart because they have not the vocabulary or cultural understanding to communicate the idea to themselves let alone another.

9. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 13 years ago

leadership skills, independence, and self-esteem color my choices -  I follow the person who has a handle on the situation - if no one in the group has that quality - then I lead.  I am only talking about the emergence of leadership in an unstructured team.

10. mattmilamii profile image60
    mattmilamiiposted 13 years ago

If we admit the truth, in every instance it’s required that we follow something.  Leaders follow the information and knowledge of things that have preceded them.  History, language, our system of government, and the ideas we cling to are all the result of conditions that existed before we came to be.  To deny that being the case is simply to follow foolishness.

11. rollingdufflebag profile image60
    rollingdufflebagposted 13 years ago

UsSe you values as a guide - but watch your emotions ecause they're driven by your unconscious mind and it wants to keep ou safe and maintain the status quo.

12. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 13 years ago

Your question list three possibilities, but all the world, is indeed, a stage; and in our time we'll play many roles.

13. ladyjojo profile image60
    ladyjojoposted 13 years ago

If you are a leader you will feel the nod to lead i guess.

However it's best to follow but only the people who can make something GOOD out of you. Those who will lead you astray won't be of any benefit for you.

Do not wander either we as humans need each other in different ways. Wandering can lead you to the wrong places or even to a mental brakedowm.

Keep on the safe side

Blessings smile

14. Godlike profile image60
    Godlikeposted 13 years ago

I lead when no one else take the lead, I follow when I see that the leader knows what to do. We all walk astray sometimes and maybe we all need to do that to come to a better understanding of things.

15. KatieCohen profile image59
    KatieCohenposted 13 years ago

ill wander.. its better then following someone invisible right?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)