If your content is good will backlinks come automatically over time?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. simeonvisser profile image69
    simeonvisserposted 13 years ago

If your content is good will backlinks come automatically over time?

Sure, an occasional backlink here and there will appear but does it suffice if you don't promote your hubs?

2. pol1ce profile image61
    pol1ceposted 13 years ago

Hi friend, i'm a Search Engine and Crawler professional so i will answer you question, but i will acept also the other's comments if they are based in experience 

Even if you content is not good, but if you place it inside a High Ranked Web Site and you have some Headers "H1, H2...etc" with good related KeyWords, you will have visitors all the time.

But if your content is no good, you risk it to be erased from the Web Site's Owner (HP...etc) since they do not want poor content inside their pages, so be careful.

People will return to your pages if your content is good.

Also, there are Web Crawlers that compare your Keywords and Headers with your content, so if there is no conexion, they may be seen as spam, and this it will be bad for you and for your web pages host.

I Hope this help

3. Susana S profile image94
    Susana Sposted 13 years ago

The answer is they might or they might not.

It depends a lot on the keyphrase you are targeting and how competitive it is. In a highly competitive niche, such as finance for example, your excellent content may never been seen because it languishes on page 5 or even further back in the search results. When no people are reading your content there is no opportunity for organic backlinks. Add to this the fact that those writing in competitive niches will be backlinking the hell out of their content, to compete you will need to be manually creating backlinks too.

If you're targeting low - medium comp phrases then the chances are a lot higher that you will get readers from search engines, some of who will link to your page over time.

So basically it comes down to understanding the strength of the pages you are competing with for your phrases. If you are not into creating backlinks, choosing topics/phrases that have low publisher competition that require none or very minimal backlinking efforts is the way to go.

4. profile image0
    Outdoor Lightsposted 13 years ago

If you have written something that could be considered an authority on a subject than yes you are going to get some organic backlinks over time.

Run of the mill Hubs that have no good in depth information on a topic will have no chance usually.

The best way to ensure you will get organic backlinks is by approaching each Hub in the Flagship Hub manner. More info,more detail. It has to be something that someone feels their readers would benefit from.

5. ThunderKeys profile image63
    ThunderKeysposted 13 years ago

Sorry to answer a question with a question.
    What is a backlink?

6. dablufox profile image57
    dablufoxposted 13 years ago

I would be happy if my content was that good I didn't need any backlinks at all. That said I don't think a little promotion hurts and until my writing skills develop to the point when I even get impressed with my own hubs I guess I will just have to give my hubs a little helping hand with a few well placed backlinks.

Although I would hazard a guess even if someones content was brilliant, they would still do dome backlinking to get the word out there and give things a push along.

7. profile image53
    Video Robposted 13 years ago

If you're lucky then yes. I think you should do a bit of marketing yourself to get the hubs off the ground.

8. hsonido profile image59
    hsonidoposted 13 years ago

I think it will. But It doesn't hurt if you just at least promote it and let others know. social networking sites are good place to promote as well.

9. Mark Upshaw profile image60
    Mark Upshawposted 13 years ago

Good content???  Great content, yes.  But, great content is that which supplies searchers with something of value to them.

10. lorddraven2000 profile image91
    lorddraven2000posted 13 years ago

Over time yes but there is no reason not to get out and do the dirty work to bring more traffic in now. I work a few hours a day on my website traffic.

11. profile image31
    najiasalman1posted 13 years ago

It depends on you topic. And if some visitors keep visiting you hub, and inspire with your content, you will have better chance of getting volunteer backlinks.

12. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 12 years ago

Yes. I now have 100 organic backlinks from word of mouth only through 100% referring sites. This is as of May 16, 2011 A.D. All that I have done was write my article and set it free on the internet with Google on June 2010 A.D. and 2 months later on August 2010 A.D. the referring sites found my article and all of my organic backlinks is coming through the referring sites and I have not lifted 1 finger to promote it but just been patient and yes automatically over time the backlinks have come to my article. Excellent content will bring backlinks over time and you must be patient of which I can not stress enough for your benefit.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)