Do you make decision based on logic, or go with your gut?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)
  1. TheBlondie profile image60
    TheBlondieposted 13 years ago

Do you make decision based on logic, or go with your gut?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 13 years ago

It's not that simple.  Intuition and logical reasoning work best together, sometimes arriving at the same conclusion and sometimes disagreeing.  In some cases, such as a sudden premonition that you'd better not travel a given road on a particular day our you will die, rerouting is (for me) a really good idea.  However, if logic tells me I MUST run that route despite the warning in my gut, then I just try to stay alert in order to survive whatever the danger might be.

Common sense.

3. Ashantina profile image59
    Ashantinaposted 13 years ago

I go with my gut mostly..... but the 'sometimes' is logic......

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 13 years ago

I'm a pretty logical person so I try and use logic, although I'm sure sometimes my gut out votes my brain.

5. DonDWest profile image72
    DonDWestposted 13 years ago

A person of intelligence goes with their gut when logic fails.

6. Charlotte B Plum profile image70
    Charlotte B Plumposted 13 years ago

I think it depends on the decision that has to be made. For important ones, I try to use logic first and see if my gut agrees. If it doesn't, i tend to be very cautious.

For less important everyday decisions, I tend to use logic more, although for relationships sometimes using our gut might help us to be discerning. It really depends on the situation. smile

7. editor profile image61
    editorposted 13 years ago

This depends on if I'm doing math or going for lunch.

8. Melanie Trausch profile image61
    Melanie Trauschposted 13 years ago

I tend to go with my gut, however logic is always never far from any decision I make. smile

9. David Warren profile image84
    David Warrenposted 13 years ago

This question is more complicated than it appears . In my case I'd say most decisions are more logic based, providing we leave relationship decisions out of the equation.

10. ConspireToInspire profile image59
    ConspireToInspireposted 13 years ago

I agree with Ghost, both is the best path. Consider both, to say it.

11. profile image0
    JadedLoveposted 13 years ago

it depends on the decision. would my heart do anything for someon i love? yes, it would jump at the chance. if that someone i love has nowhere to go, but might steal my stuff for drug money, thats when logic kicks hearts but. Now as far as gut is concerned, there have been plenty of times where i went with my gut and i was never wrong once.

12. profile image58
    petraparagonposted 13 years ago

Most individuals make decisions based on logic yet I've been one to decide things based on my gut.  Like when you meet someone for the first time I tend to go off the vibe I get from them.  If every decision made was based on logic then how would one explain the miracles in life or one's faith for that matter.  Essentially your gut feeling is a different level of your psych, It's what we neglect to see at a conscious level rather an inate feeling or sense.  I'm one who goes with my gut rather than so much with logic, yet I don't throw logic totally out the window when making all my decisions

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)