If you have to renovate one room in the house which one would it be? and what ch

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)
  1. carriethomson profile image47
    carriethomsonposted 12 years ago

If you have to renovate one room in the house which one would it be? and what changes ull do?

2. Taleb80 profile image80
    Taleb80posted 12 years ago

I will renovate the room which I spend the longest time in.
    I will start with painting as it is change the room totally, I will not forgetting some lighting touch.

3. ShootersCenter profile image67
    ShootersCenterposted 12 years ago

Kitchens and baths in that order add the most value to your home. Cabinets,tops and flooring would make the biggest changes unless you're willing to relocate walls.

4. Dreamers Pen profile image60
    Dreamers Penposted 12 years ago

Well It's not my house that I live in, but I will answer anyways.  This whole house needs to be renovated, which is from the 1970s and never once has it been updated.  Though since this is about just one room I would pick the kitchen or one of the bathrooms.

For the kitcken, it's pretty much a thin hallway type kitchen, so I would push back the one wall into the front room.  Either push the refrigerator further down the wall and add more cabinet and counter space between it and the oven.  Or I could take the sitting area and place it in the family room area to make it the sitting/dining area.  Then extend the counters to where it use to be and then place a decent size island where the table use to be.  Paint the walls, new counters and cabinets, new tile flooring.

For the bathroom, mainly new plumbing system, new cabinets, change the light fixture, change the tile flooring, paint the walls (or wallpaper).  I would replace the whole tub since it's a pretty narrow tub.

5. andrewwilliams63 profile image60
    andrewwilliams63posted 12 years ago

Next on my list is my bedroom, ive done every other room in the house so far...so it's the only one left to do.

Changes i'll make are repainting the walls, installing new lighting and installing some new storage...any good ideas?

6. carriethomson profile image47
    carriethomsonposted 12 years ago

oh yes these three seem to be great ideas andrew!! and the foremost important and basic things to do. adding good cutains is also an easy way to bring in a change without spending much, if you already have some furniture and storage, repolishing or painting them would be just great!! low cost and effective.low cost i mean to say ..cost less than buying new ones :-)

7. pedrn44 profile image91
    pedrn44posted 12 years ago

I would probably get new kitchen cabinets and maybe rearrange where they currently are...open it up a bit. Fun to think about:)

8. jkselections profile image61
    jkselectionsposted 12 years ago

My kitchen!  Because it is very outdated and the kitchen cupboards well let's just say in pretty bad shape.  I want to get rid of the old cabinets and replace with a new fresh arts and crafts style.  We have a cape cod style home so I always thought that the mission style or a recessed cabinet door would look nice.  And I definitely need to replace our lighting, right now we have a big square fluorescent light fixture right in the middle of the kitchen, not too pretty.  Our appliances all need to be replaced because they are all 25 years or older, we're all surprised that they still work.  New counter tops of course and a fresh coat of paint.  We have been in our house for 12 years and because of other needs have not had the funds to redo our kitchen yet.  Still hoping to one day.

9. carolp profile image80
    carolpposted 12 years ago

I want to renovate a gallery room in my house where i use to relax or write something for my hub. The gallery is with big glas windows from the groundfloor up the roof, and it is open. So i think i want to build in milk glas wall, a slide door. At night i use the night draperies for the windows.

I want to put some oil paintings of roses, bedsheets of rose motiv, a nice matching bedside lamp on the bedside table and a wooden  white picture frame with rose carvings, white flower vase with roses. Beside the bed an arm relax chair with rose motiv.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)