What Tips can you give for not going Bankrupt, after winning £$Millions in the L

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. Lady_E profile image63
    Lady_Eposted 12 years ago

What Tips can you give for not going Bankrupt, after winning £$Millions in the Lottery?

Many win Millions and go Bankrupt in 2 to 3 years. How could this be avoided? You might be the next to win.

2. profile image0
    Linda Myshrallposted 12 years ago

I wish I had some practical experience with winning millions by playing the lottery ;-)   Interesting concept.

3. sam209 profile image77
    sam209posted 12 years ago

I guess this is easier said than done, but don't splurge. reckless buying binges is one way of going bankrupt!

4. profile image0
    msorenssonposted 12 years ago

Yes, this is a common occurrence. It is to put simply there are opposing goals in the subconscious. 

For example a person can create millions, in business, and then lose it all, for an underlying reason that some time in the past,  one important person in his or her life was not treated fairly by someone wealthy.

In that person's subconscious there is the underlying dislike/disdain for the wealthy because "most wealthy people are unjust" as the running program, and since it is buried deep, he or she will do actions to lose the wealth because he or she does not want to be unjust.

Until such a reason is unmasked, acknowledged and run off, then that person will create wealth and lose it again.

Because those reasons are not on the surface, they need to be dug out and exposed in the daylight. That is the hard part. Unmasking.

Note that there is no correlation between being just and being rich, but until one realizes that the goals will oppose each other.

The same prinicples can be applied to those who come to wealth by winning the lottery.

For the ones who win the lottery, I would do as was published by those people who were ready to handle such a windfall.

5. profile image0
    rorshak sobchakposted 12 years ago

This would be tough for me. I would buy so many cars I would probably have to sell the house. big_smile

6. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 12 years ago

easy, finance mortgages. you should never go broke after you do that with a great monthly income until you die

7. bmukherjii profile image61
    bmukherjiiposted 12 years ago

Just deposit the money at some nationalized banks

8. donnaisabella profile image73
    donnaisabellaposted 12 years ago

Lady_E, I would say be prepared before hand and know what you really want out of life. If I won a million dollars, I would invest a lot of it where I invested some of what I was given after I was separated a few years back and it keeps growing. If it was in millions, I would ask a reputable investor or investment company/consultant for help. I am not scared of researching and reading thoroughly just to get the best of what I want.

9. Insane Mundane profile image58
    Insane Mundaneposted 12 years ago

Wow!  I couldn't imagine going broke after winning millions of dollars, but some people have problems managing money, obviously!  Anyway, if you do have this problem, I'd say that it is a safe bet to invest in some Real Estate properties (land, houses, etc.) and put a good bit of it in a CD (certificate of deposit) at your local bank, along with opening up a couple savings accounts at different banks, albeit CDs and savings accounts are not drawing a very impressive amount of interest these days.
    Other than that, just give the rest of your money to me; I'll take care of it for ya!  wink

10. profile image0
    KittyKposted 12 years ago

This occurs in most instances to the people who win a lottery.  I feel it would be very important to have a personal banker and financial planner who can assist with investing the winnings to ensure that the money will go to work for the individuals.  It is always wise to make a list of the things you need and those you want because the lists are very different from one another.  Keep working if you are not near retirement age as being "grounded" will help to keep thing normal.  People should never forget that they need to protect their monies and not be wasteful as this only occurs once in a lifetime, so do spending unnecessarily will only lead to failure of the "pot"...

11. stayabovewater profile image68
    stayabovewaterposted 12 years ago

If you want to bankrupt then you will go bankrupt if you don't then you won't. Just have to remember that you may have won a large sum of money once but you don't make that amount each year like wealthy individuals do.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)