Have you ever sold or purchased clothing on consignment?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (13 posts)
  1. Sunshine625 profile image87
    Sunshine625posted 12 years ago

Have you ever sold or purchased clothing on consignment?

2. Tess45 profile image71
    Tess45posted 12 years ago

I sell clothing I no longer like or fits me to a store that gives me the option of cash or store credit. I have also bought beautiful designer dresses and vintage dresses for a steal at thrift stores like the Goodwill and church/ministry thrift shops.

3. celebritie profile image69
    celebritieposted 12 years ago

I have purchased items on consignment before because it was for a really rare necklance that I wanted to resell. Consignment stores are also great for vintage clothing.

4. smoothbikini profile image57
    smoothbikiniposted 12 years ago

i have bought quite a few items from a store called plato's closet (i believe they are a franchise) and have been very pleased with the quality and prices.

5. Sunshine625 profile image87
    Sunshine625posted 12 years ago

Plato's Closet is a franchise. We have one in Orlando and my daughters shop their often and they have sold their clothing to them!

1. fpherj48 profile image61
      fpherj48posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hard to believe so many of our hubs are as old as they are!  We talk a lot about "consignment shops."  I never lose the urge to visit as many as I can find.  Around my neck of the woods, it seems a new one pops up every year.

6. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 12 years ago

You probably know what I'm going to say, being "Paula Penny Pincher."  Hell, yeah.  There are several very nice consignment stores in our area and I know them all, well.  The one in particular, I bring ALL my things, my husband's, grandchildren's....all clothing we no longer wear for one reason or another, AS LONG AS THEY ARE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION. 
    I don't think a lot of people understand that "consignment shops," when run properly by smart business people, have very nice clothes, all clean & pressed with no rips, stains or flaws.  They are not like Goodwill or Salvation Army & other charity agencies that may have items of lesser quality.
    I find it is worth the time and energy to pack these things up and bring them to a consigment store for resale.  I do this a couple times a year and always manage to yield at least 2 to 3 hundred dollars. 
    I suppose, if you have no use at all for 2 to 3 hundred dollars.......just throw your things away!!    (and then tell me where they are...I'll turn them in!)

7. ErickaBridges profile image61
    ErickaBridgesposted 12 years ago

I have a business associate who owns a consignment store in Milwaukee,WI. Its called Jeanerations. She resells quality denim jeans and some are brand new. I sold a few items to her. Also gave her a lot of jeans myself abd children were no longer wearing, but look new. I dont partner with shops to sell the clothing out of my own store, which are all new and never worn, but ive thought about it.

8. KDF profile image60
    KDFposted 12 years ago

I used to sell my old jeans back in the day to a store called Buffalo Exchange in California. Levi's 501's, Guess, etc. Of course, back in those days, holes in the jeans were a bad thing....LOL   but I would get about $10-$20 per pair. And since, I was just a teenager, that money would go to pizza and gas for the car.
    Oh boy, those were the days.
    Sunshine- you were my first follower......106 followers later, I'm missing your responses on my hubs. I'm lacking your quality and expertice feedback, help a brother out!!!!! : )

9. PurvisBobbi44 profile image91
    PurvisBobbi44posted 12 years ago

No, but I have a friend who buys her clothes from a consignment shop, and she always looks great. I have never been in one, but I think I will get my sister to go with me, and see what we think.

My friend is a size 2, and she can always find the greatest suits, and beautiful dresses and shoes.

10. fpherj48 profile image61
    fpherj48posted 12 years ago

Save your money, be creative.  Learn the value of recycling, the fun of searching and shop Consignment shops.....go yard sailing!! read more

11. talfonso profile image84
    talfonsoposted 11 years ago

Almost all the time! I love finding something that is more interesting than the retail stores or finding apparel that look nice, but need a personalized touch. (Price isn't the only reason.) For instance, I have seen a lot of videos and pictures on the Web of those shoes cloaked with rhinestones or glitter, and most of them are outrageously priced. The shoes with rhinestones on them are cute, but the prices on them (hundreds to even thousands of dollars) are not. I'd buy them, my Gem-Tac or E-6000 (if the exteriors of shoes are made of non-porous materials), and buy many grosses of Korean hotfix rhinestones. (I love Swarovski, but for the price of 10 grosses of at least SS10 crystal stones, I can very easily buy a few hundred grosses of the Korean ones.) As to make facsimiles of the glitter shoes at retail, I'm coating the thrift store shoes with Mod Podge, liberally sprinkle them with glitter, and spraying with acrylic spray. Oh, and didn't I mention that I'm going to breathe new life into the dowdiest clothing using said materials and fabric colorants to make them look like mall-worthy duds for low prices?

12. Ahmad Hage profile image57
    Ahmad Hageposted 9 years ago

Clothing, shoes, bags, accessories, Electronicodomesticos, etc, buy china cheap prices! We are an agent of taobao online shopping. We help foreigners to china with articles pretty, cheap, and good shopping. We sell almost all types of articles. We offer shopping all over the world, and our commitment is the cheapest, 5% of the expenditure items. Your satisfaction is our commitment! If you want to buy Chinese things priced razonal, go to the right place, welcome to http://www.melchic.es, we wish you have good experience here!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)