Would you rather raise kids at the countryside, in a town or a big city?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. Nomascus concolor profile image61
    Nomascus concolorposted 11 years ago

Would you rather raise kids at the countryside, in a town or a big city?

2. sgbrown profile image93
    sgbrownposted 11 years ago

Definately the country.  I grew up in the city, large schools, lots of drugs and rude people. My children were raised in the country, at least semi-country. Smaller schools where they received more personal attention. Drugs are a problem everywhere, but usuallly less in smaller towns. Most people in the country seem to be more friendly and are willing to help out if needed.  In the country, you learn to appreciate nature and have a healthier environment.

3. Pamela N Red profile image84
    Pamela N Redposted 11 years ago

I've lived in a suburb and the country so I'm a bit partial to both. It seems like city kids have less places to play outside.

In the country or at least a town with a yard they can play in their own yard, have a dog and get more exercise.

4. Vegas Elias profile image61
    Vegas Eliasposted 11 years ago

If you love your kids it is better to raise them in a city because after all they would settle in a city and not in a country house. The life in a city is much different from life from the countryside anywhere in the world.

5. coffeegginmyrice profile image82
    coffeegginmyriceposted 11 years ago

I'd pick the countryside or in a town. I regret fully that my kids have grown to their teens without experiencing the same experiences I had when I was a kid living in a town, a far travel to the city. The down-to-earth living, peaceful and healthier environment would truly mold my children with humility in appreciating the value of what hard life is.

My kids miss the natural playgrounds of hills and grass, plains and plateaus, stepping into streams and creeks.  Abundantly be around nature of tall, robust trees bearing sweet fruits, the cool shade the trees offer and the fresh air of the mountains. The playing with insects, catching butterflies and grasshoppers under the scorching sun. The playing of traditional Filipino outdoor games is much more fun to be around with friends. The awesome sight of the night sky visibly bearing twinkling stars and a bright moon every night. The visibility of lunar and solar eclipse right outside our door. The refreshing feeling to be out playing under the pouring rain and seeing a huge rainbow. The feeling of being close to the ground hearing from the rooftop and witnessing through the windows the storms, typhoons, thunder and lightning.

Be outside with the friendly neighbours and humble playmates. Listening to the sounds of the cocks and birds in the early mornings and the neighbourhood dogs howling in unison right past midnight (that will keep my kids under their sheets for sure). Learning of old stories, legends and folk tales of our ancestors and from elderly neighbours. The helping, caring and sharing what good neighbours do. Learning the humble way of livelihood. Experiencing the presence of domestic and farm animals. A much appreciated way on how we practice our Christmas Tradition, feasts and festivals. When we know most of the people and neighbours, we are able to visit them for pastime.  The feeling of content about safety when little children being out, going to school and coming home by themselves. The implementation of curfew hours to be safely home on time without any problem. ~

6. Diane Woodson profile image60
    Diane Woodsonposted 11 years ago

In the countryside. I know for sure that this is the best way, since my parents did this and the ranch and my horse were the place to be. I love the country but don't live there now. I am happy living in the city, but back to the question, Children learn the work ethic so nicely by feeding cattle, driving the hay truck for the brother and his friends, when hauling hay...I did it, might not be for all people, but all of us are different and I must stop before I write a hub or something...jeez I love doing this and would be up all night if I could.

7. Cleo Burch profile image80
    Cleo Burchposted 6 years ago

I would rather raise children in the countryside, perhaps near a small town. I feel that they should grow up near nature so that they can be taught to respect it. That being said, I would also like them to grow up knowing social situations and contact with other people, not just their family, which is why I also say near a town.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)