Do you think television could eventually be cancelled out in our lives?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)
  1. suzzycue profile image86
    suzzycueposted 11 years ago

Do you think television could eventually be cancelled out in our lives?

2. inevitablesecrets profile image60
    inevitablesecretsposted 11 years ago

Possibly, I don't have a TV.  I watch shows online but the thing with that is if we all move online production companies will have to figure out how to make that work.  With the exception of some YouTube focused production companies they are all geared for telivision and getting funding through that medium.

3. profile image0
    Gusserposted 11 years ago

Internet "TV" is the future. Shows will always be there to entertain the captives, oops  I mean people.

4. Vegas Elias profile image60
    Vegas Eliasposted 11 years ago

No I don't think so. Television is there to stay. In the future we should expect 3d television and then realistic television when technology will help us to actually live the show that we are watching.

5. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 11 years ago

This is a great question!  Recently I was thinking about how television doesn't really have much to offer any more that's decent, that doesn't portray people in violent circumstances, or that isn't just plain stupid and ridiculous! 

Now, having said all that, I will add, there are still some very good programs on T.V., but they are few in number in my opinion.  For instance, I think that Masterpiece Classic (BBC) is absolutely brilliant!  I have loved it for many years because they produce such lovely classics, and I guess that's how they came to change the name of the program from Masterpiece Theatre to Masterpiece Classic.  In addition, there is a channel with old movies, I think it's AMC, and they have these really great old movies they put on, with no commercials.  And, I'm sure there must be other good stuff out there as well.

I actually think that we certainly can do without television, and that one day, it will probably become obsolete, and it may be quite soon.  I believe this will be the case simply because right now, you can get any movie and lots of T.V. programs from Net Flix, (that's what I do).  And, then I watch the few good programs that are on T. V.  People also get T. V. programs and movies from Blockbuster and other sources, so it seems pretty inevitable to me.
    Take care,
    Helen

suzzycueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Helen. I also love to watch the classics and the old black and white movies. I think the reason is there is a story to them. A story is what is lacking in movies today, all action,bombs and special effects.

6. iefox5 profile image58
    iefox5posted 11 years ago

Of course not. Though Internet is playing more and more important role in our daily life, television is still providing us useful information. Samsung launched Smart TV and Apple TV is coming soon, so television will be there as always.

7. silverstararrow profile image75
    silverstararrowposted 11 years ago

No, T.V. will definitely live for a long, long time. Maybe many more improved versions to enhance picture quality (3D) and viewing pleasure will come up in the future, but they will all be essentially 'television'.

8. profile image0
    technibzposted 11 years ago

I think TV and internet will eventually become one. Especially now that Google is getting involved with LG on the "Google TV".

9. Lipnancy profile image79
    Lipnancyposted 11 years ago

I think people will always need the outlet of television and mindless free entertainment at the flip of a switch.

10. cat on a soapbox profile image95
    cat on a soapboxposted 11 years ago

No, I envision the TV still on when mankind is no longer in existence. It will be that off the air signal from the 1950s.

suzzycueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good one!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)