When did you write the article on the UCLA dental clinic's services?Are the pric

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)
  1. profile image53
    chiaroscuro1posted 11 years ago

When did you write the article on the UCLA dental clinic's services?Are the prices you cite current?

Hi Ro, I'm particularly interested in the costs for dental implants  I've been going to the dental clinic at NYU in Manhattan.  Their costs are discounted 30% and the cost of a basic dental implant is currently $2690, considerably more than the $800-$880 that you said the UCLA Dental Clinic charges.  It's likely that the costs have gone up since you wrote your article but I can't imagine they've gone up much if you wrote the article fairly recently Also, are you certain that this is how much they charged for an implant when you went there? I called them but it's hard to get someone on the phon.

2. madam ro profile image63
    madam roposted 11 years ago

Hi Chiaroscuro.  I wrote the article around 3 years ago, but I'm still a current patient at the UCLA dental school.  The price of their gold crowns went up around $100 because the price of gold has gone up, but everything else has stayed pretty much the same, maybe a $20 - $50 increase at most.  Their prices are still approximately 50% of the average LA prices for dental care.  LA prices for a dental implant can start as low as $1000 and go up as high as $5000 but realistically it's more like $1500 - $2100.
    It is really difficult to get an exact figure though on how much treatment costs at the school because  much of the time preparatory work is needed that can incur further costs.  Did you try calling 310 206 3904?  That's the number specifically for the general student clinic.  If you're considering having treatment done in LA I would also recommend that you check out USC dental school as they have a similar program.  Maybe compare reviews on yelp.

3. profile image53
    chiaroscuro1posted 11 years ago

Hi Ro, Thanks for your helpful reply and suggestion.  I just called the number you gave me and the woman said that she couldn't give me the price for dental implants because a different clinic does them  She told me to call 310 825-3072, but I get a recording there.  i guess I'll have to keep trying.  At any rate, it sounds like implants are substantially cheaper in LA than in NYC.  The average cost to get an implant from a dentist in private practice in the NY/NJ area is $3300.  And, the cost can go up to as much as $4000 or $5000 if you need a bone graft or sinus lift, respectively.  I am considering moving to LA and will delay getting the two implants I need if the cost is more affordable there.  Honestly, I think you get better care when you go to a university clinic for medical care, because the dentists/doctors there have to be accountable if something goes wrong, they are up on the latest techniques, you can get multiple opinions, if needed, and the faculty members are often leaders in their field.  I actually got to meet the guy who invented the implant procedure, Dr. Tarnow, who was the director of the clinic at NYU.  All these benefits, plus the work is cheaper!!!  I've had bad experiences with doctors and dentists in private practice, but have been nearly 100% satisfied with the work I've gotten done at NYU (except it is a little pricey for a dental clinic).  Plus the clinic there is really clean, modern, and is well run.  Is this also true of the dental clinic you to to at UCLA?

1. madam ro profile image63
      madam roposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi again.  The clinic is clean, modern with high quality equipment and materials.  The downside is you're in the chair for HOURS because everything the students do has to be checked and given the ok by their teaching dentists.. which is a good thing!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)