Do you hope the U.S. basketball team does NOT win the gold?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)
  1. IDONO profile image61
    IDONOposted 11 years ago

Do you hope the U.S. basketball team does NOT win the gold?

I do. The way the team humiliated the Nigerian team ( 156-73) was appalling. It was like the big kid at school beating up the little kid, rubbing his face in the dirt, then making him run home naked in front of his whole class. This was unnecessary and ridiculous. If they would give a gold medal for bullying, we would win it hands down. If this is the attitude displayed by our American representatives on the world sport stage, no wonder the rest of the world hates us. How do you feel?

2. GiancarloLorenzo profile image69
    GiancarloLorenzoposted 11 years ago

Heck no.  The US might legitimately win more golds than China and more overall than anybody else.  Why would I root for them to fail?  Team USA didn't even really humiliate Nigeria.  All they did was shoot 3s.  Not like they were showboating or anything with unnecessary dunks.  Nigeria kept leaving them open so they shot 3s, and it just so happened USA couldn't miss.  Even through all that beating, James Harden seemed to get humiliated the most.  The dude got crossed over so bad and fell.

1. IDONO profile image61
      IDONOposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I believe they had around 26  3's. That's about 78 points. What about the other 78 points? With those two stats, that's no less than 65 shots, not including misses and 73 pts. by Nigeria. How much time was on that clock? Not humiliating?

2. GiancarloLorenzo profile image69
      GiancarloLorenzoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't think you can blame Team USA for Nigeria being so awful.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Of course not. I hope they bring home the gold in Pride of the United States. They aren't trying to humiliate teams, They are just that much better. The only thing they can do is keep scoring and play as hard as they have been taught since they were dreaming of this moment. They just can't dribble the ball around and turn it over to make it closer.

4. sonnyhodgin profile image60
    sonnyhodginposted 11 years ago

No, I hope they win.  How could you not want your nation's competitors to find success in the Olympics?

5. jeolmoz2 profile image55
    jeolmoz2posted 11 years ago

I want them to win the Gold Medal, so I'm going b rooting for 'em...my only issue with the 2012 Team was that they kept talking junk 'bout beating the 1992 Dream Team, which by the way it's a crazy. They can even blow out teams now, what makes 'em think they can share the court with a roster fill with Hall Fame Icons? But go USA...Win Gold!

6. deerev profile image60
    deerevposted 11 years ago

I want the USA to win and they will win. The Olympics is about bringing the best athletes in the world together. Every team entering into competition with the USA is well aware they are the underdogs. When you have the talent that the USA has, and the players get "hot" from the 3pt line, you will have a high scoring. The USA team was in a "zone" during the game against the Nigerian team.

As long as the USA team conducts themselves like the professionals they are, I see nothing wrong with them winning by a large margin. After all, someone has to win and someone has to loose. "GO USA, bring home the GOLD!!!"

7. dndswordsmith profile image71
    dndswordsmithposted 11 years ago

Ar3 u kidding?? Wh3r3 do3s your loyalty li3??
    USA!! USA!! USA!! smile
    Bring hom3 the gold, bAy-B3 tongue

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)