Selling Hubs To Other Hubbers on HubPages?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)
  1. drspaniel profile image82
    drspanielposted 11 years ago

Selling Hubs To Other Hubbers on HubPages?

Would It Be Possible To Sell Hubs To Other Hubbers on HubPages? Of course I mean within HubPages terms of use, and within their rules and guidelines? I think this would be a great opportunity to make a lot of money, whilst helping other users make money simultaneously.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

For starters, it would be duplicate content. Even if, the hub being sold would be deleted from HP, and the search engines, there is no way of knowing that it is not published elsewhere, again, creating duplicate content issues.

Personally, I would not purchase any article this way, if at all.

1. relache profile image73
      relacheposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Actually there are a variety of ways to easily research if something is published elsewhere on the internet.

2. drspaniel profile image82
      drspanielposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I should have made this a bit more clear, but I meant that I would write unique Hubs and sell them directly as a word document, which I had never published in the first place. Therefore making it not duplicate.

3. Doodlehead profile image47
    Doodleheadposted 11 years ago

Of course it would be possible.   The thing is...think of the possibilities....and all their infinite consequences.

What do you mean? Are you suggesting that someone could try and steal all of my content?

2. Doodlehead profile image47
      Doodleheadposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That would one one thing that could happen...  When you sell the hub, you really don't know it's value ahead of time. 

Surrogate mothers come to mind---they change their mind.   Now the surrogate wants the child and has to fight for it.

4. Johnrr631992 profile image85
    Johnrr631992posted 11 years ago

I mean, I guess it depends on how you go about this. If you write a hub in microsoft word, and sell it to a hubber before it ever gets posted anywhere, and is 100% original then it may be fine, but I wouldn't buy a work that I didn't read first in case it is sub-par. It seems no different than what goes on at Textbroker. I know a few people who have purchased the content on their website from Textbroker, and post it on their website and make money that way, and make decent income. But writing for Textbroker is not worth the time and effort you must put in.

Oh okay, that's exactly what I was going to do. That's also a good point about the Microsoft document and how people will want to see the quality of the content before posting it.

2. Johnrr631992 profile image85
      Johnrr631992posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yah, I just feel that overall this is similar to one selling their HP account after it becomes successful, and overall you are then not going to be providing quality content.

5. hawaiianodysseus profile image71
    hawaiianodysseusposted 11 years ago

First of all, I applaud you on your boldness for asking this question.

Say you lived in a great neighborhood. One day, the moving van pulls up to the house next to you...you know...the one your previous neighbor had on the market for the longest time.

You have a vested interest in getting to know your new neighbor, either directly or indirectly.

He turns out to be a great guy...and you make a terrific new friend.

Months later, you discover that your new neighbor had used another man's good reputation. In essence, he'd stolen someone else's identity to establish his creditworthiness and pass background checks. All of a sudden, you feel cheated and insecure over the fact that you could be so easily duped.

Am I getting through to you?

On Hubpages, I don't want neighbors who spit formulated Hubs out. I want to read content established on their own creative merit.

Thanks for asking such a provocative question.

I see your point, but what does that have to do with whether it's permitted on HubPages for you to sell non-submitted posts to other Hubbers?

There is also no need to get vexed with me, as I would only be doing these Hubbers a favour...

6. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image85
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 11 years ago

Personally, I think this would be unethical.  Furthermore, I think it would be stupid.  Why would a good writer want to give up the potential income he could earn by selling his work to somebody else?  And if he wasn't a good writer, why would anybody want to buy his work?

If you aren't good enough at writing to produce and sell your own work, you shouldn't be on HP.  End of story.

I appreciate your comment, but regardless of the writing talent that an author on HP can produce, almost every user here is looking to make the same thing... money.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good one Time Traveler.  Besides, the rate that most of us who write is a lot higher than most will pay.  Too many ways to get articles cheap, cheap, cheap.

3. drspaniel profile image82

Plus, people are going to look elsewhere to buy content anyway to publish on HubPages... and they do on quite a frequent basis.

7. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 11 years ago

Why would I want to sell articles to other Hubbers?  And who would pay for an article that may not even be profitable when it comes to online pennies?  Get real.  This idea is a total waste of time.  I would not pay anyone to write anything for me.  Not when I can write articles on my own.  In case you haven't noticed, there are plenty of writers out there who will gladly write something up for as little as two bucks.  And this includes all the revisions the client may have.  It's called writing for content mills!

Many users also use content mills to advertise their own website, and they will need as much content as possible to bring in as much traffic as possible. Making money with Hubs by themselves is very little thinking, when there is much more out there.

8. rancidTaste profile image61
    rancidTasteposted 11 years ago

Yes! This is possible to sell hubs if you find a hubber who is ready to purchase your hubs. I also sell two some hubs to other website owner not to the hubbers. But after selling please dont try to republish that as you already sold them to others.

Thank you, I'm glad to see that this works for you, and that there is potential to make a lot of money with this, so long as I can find Hubbers to sell the articles to.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)