Has your daily earnings dropped significantly since changing your Hub profile pa

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 11 years ago

Has your daily earnings dropped significantly since changing your Hub profile page?

Ever since I changed from the old profile to the new, my earnings have dropped below the silly stage. It may be something to do with the new Zzzzs as well, any ideas?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

I am seeing the same for the last few weeks. As far as traffic, earnings, etc. I have been told that Google did some changes using a new Algorithm..... I don't know? Just hoping things level back out given some time.

Nell Roseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks JT hope it sorts itself out

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

You are welcome Nell. I hope so too.

3. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 11 years ago

If this is of any help, I still have the old version, and my earnings have increased.

Hi Linda, wish I had stayed on the old one now! lol!

2. Missy Mac profile image67
      Missy Macposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I am a newbie and noticed that I had to load firefox as a browser.  My lab top has several years of work.  Firefox seems to help alot, but my computer has difficulty loading the latest version of Adobe Flash.  Has anyone had this problem.

4. moonlake profile image81
    moonlakeposted 11 years ago

In the last week views have dropped to half.  It may have something to do with the holiday and schools starting. I don't know just can't figure it out. I have changed to the new profile. I think I started to see the slow down after the Zzzzs.

Hi moonlake, yep me too! wonder why that is? if they say the zzz hubs are not being read then how can this be? Um!

5. dwachira profile image78
    dwachiraposted 11 years ago

I have noted the same changes in earnings but it is the drop in views (almost by 30%) that is bothering. Though am yet to have one of my hubs being in Zzzs status, my traffic has dropped.

Thanks dwachira, fingers crossed it gets better, my views are dropping like a stone!

6. suvitharoja profile image71
    suvitharojaposted 11 years ago

After the Google penguin update, the traffic to my hubs dropped drastically. it came into single digit for 46 hubs. it was like for 3-4 weeks.

Recently Google has made a small change to the penguin algorithm and from 1 week I see the traffic increasing slowly. I have updated my profile 2 days ago and did not notice any considerable change as of now.

1. profile image0
      redwhiskeypeteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I only use the hub earnings program (adsense dosn't like me) anyways I avg not a whole lot, about 25 cents a day give or take a nickle but once in awhile I get like just  4 cents on one day then the next day shoots back up to maybe 25 or 30 cents.

2. suvitharoja profile image71
      suvitharojaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And do you see a change after the penguin update of the recent change in the algorithm? I was getting 100+ views and suddenly it fell to 8-10. From the past week, it has gradually increased to 50.

3. Nell Rose profile image89

Thanks suvitharoja, sounds like good old google again then!

7. sparkster profile image84
    sparksterposted 11 years ago

I have noticed a drop since changing, though I wouldn't call it that significant. However, I updated most of my 'Zzz' hubs on the same day so I dread to think how low my traffic would have been if I had not updated them. I believe this is probably more to do with the Penguin update rather than the Hubpages upgrade.

Hi Sparkster, yes that darn penguine thing! I really must update my zzzs, thanks

8. denisemai profile image66
    denisemaiposted 11 years ago

I also heard there was a Google algorithm change at the end of August. I was fine until the day after Labor Day and then lost all Google traffic. That affected me tremendously as most if my traffic is from Google and for some reason I get very little from HP. Of course the earnings disappeared with the traffic.

I changed to the new profile page right when it was available and it had no affect on traffic or earnings. I think it's much prettier and easier to use than the old version. I sure hope it all turns around soon. :-/  It's kind of reassuring to know good writers are in the same boat and it's not just me.

maybe I am looking at the wrong thing, it does seem as though its google, thanks for your input, nell

9. brakel2 profile image73
    brakel2posted 11 years ago

When I changed my profile page, my earnings  began to drop. A  hub I wrote got buried. I thought Google could not find my hubs due to change. It has never corrected itself, and my earnings never got much better. It was before the zzzzzs.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have noticed that it is almost impossible to find hubs in search engine unless you us compelete title of hub, or simply hub pages into search engine, when you migh find your profile and one or two of the latest hubs that you wrote.

2. Nell Rose profile image89

I agree with trying to find the hubs, I tend to get just my profile page come up, what drives me mad is that I have been copied so many times its the copy that shows at the top! I do believe its the profile page causing the trouble,  thanks

10. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 11 years ago

I don't think my earning have changed that much, but I am not writing as often. I revised numerous hubs with the zzzs and unpublished several others until I decide what to do with them. When you have been around for 3 years you have quite a few older hubs that don't get that many views. Overall, the changes are frustrating as there are only so many hours in the day and I am dong freelance writing much of the time as it pays better. I guess my answer wasn't much help to your question. LOL

Hi Pamela, I was just looking at the freelance jobs, I just wish i had the nerve to apply for them! lol!

11. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 11 years ago

I've experienced just the opposite.  When the new google rating came out....I had very few Zzz's and although I realize they were said to not effect our overall score, and we mustn't be concerned and all that rot.... my personal demons forced me to edit carefully and fiercely.....and I was able to rid myself of ALL Zz's.   OCD??  I don't know.   I've gone from the silly stage to mildly funny.......go figure!

Hi effer, lol! I have been so busy I haven't finished my Zzzzs yet! maybe thats the trouble! lol! thanks again.

12. MarleneB profile image92
    MarleneBposted 11 years ago

I gave into the new profile change as soon as it became available and saw a noticeable increase in traffic. I was sure it had something to do with the new viewer friendly style of the page. I am quite happy with the changes being made because I finally get what it is all about and I'm curtailing my writing to be more in line with people who read on the internet. That's really what all these changes are about.

As writers who want to earn a living at writing, we have to remember it's not about us and what we want to write. If we want to earn a living as writers, then we need to cater to what the readers want to read. Right now, readers want short and to the point articles. They want the information fast and easy. They want the photo to lead them into the article. If the photo doesn't do it for them, then there is a good chance the article won't get read. Look at sites like Pinterest - photo centric. People are flocking to Pinterest like it's the last meal of the day. More and more, other writing platforms are conforming to Pinterest's style. It doesn't surprise me that HubPages is right there in the mix - providing a successful place for us to write and a place where readers can find what they want to read.

Yes I so agree, it took me ages to figure out that we should write what the readers want! lol! I really need to use pinterest more, thanks for commenting.

2. MarleneB profile image92
      MarleneBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I started out all mighty and full of myself, just writing what I want to write, which is OK. But, I also want to earn income as a writer, so I had to change my attitude and start writing what the consumer wants to read.

13. MrAhmad profile image63
    MrAhmadposted 11 years ago

My earnings stayed much the same. The same old same old. I really don't know why your earnings dropped.

Thanks MrAhmad, maybe its just mine then! lol!

14. Doctor Kristy profile image88
    Doctor Kristyposted 11 years ago

Since I switched, my CPM and page views have both dropped a lot... at one stage my daily views were down by around 500% .

I don't necessarily think it's related to the new profile though... I know google's been messing around with things again.

Hi Kristy, yes people are mentioning the google thing a lot, I totally missed it and am really grateful for you pointing it out, back to the drawing board! lol!

15. WickedLittleLiar profile image84
    WickedLittleLiarposted 11 years ago

This is an interesting question to follow. I'm reading answers right now since I've just recently come back to hubpages. Good stuff to know.

Thanks Wicked, glad you found it helpful, nell

16. Goody5 profile image60
    Goody5posted 11 years ago

Nell, the new profile design plays total havoc on older computers, and it is highly disliked by many to include myself. It seems that the hub pages is definitely in a slump these days. The new "Idled hub status" which the hub pages recently rolled out isn't helping matters either. I've written a hub for a quick fix to those Zz's, which you will find very convenient - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/Quick-fi … led-status

1. LindaSmith1 profile image60
      LindaSmith1posted 11 years agoin reply to this

The stupidity of the Zz's is: I had a few, from hubs that was getting traffic, yet those not having hardly any traffic were fine.  Then I hit the edit button on one, did absolutely nothing to it, yet the Zz's were gone.

17. KathyH profile image87
    KathyHposted 11 years ago

Mine dropped as well around the beginning of September. I think I'm making less than half of what I had been making, kind of frustrating. I thought maybe I did something wrong, but it looks like it could be a google algorithm thing like several people have mentioned. I fixed all of my zzzz hubs and it's still not much better.

I guess google just don't like me any more... sulking... skulking off... (KIDDING!) I'm sure it will come back. I just need to find some TIME to write some more quality content here! smile I didn't have as much time for a couple of weeks. smile

18. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 11 years ago

I haven't experienced any drops in traffic or earning since switching over to the new profile.  Though I have also increased my participation on Pinterest and Google+ during the last couple of weeks.  This may or may not be an issue.  Personally, I think the new profile page is a big improvement and once it becomes compulsory I think we will see a huge drop in the fake profiles that were only made to add a link.  The only links allowed in the new profile are assigned to buttons and they are no follow.

19. chiradeep profile image67
    chiradeepposted 11 years ago

The irony is I have not earned in hubpages as yet.... LOL
    I asked a question in my answer, is it really possible to earn here? LOL

20. lupandiomo profile image60
    lupandiomoposted 11 years ago

What's this new profile bug everyone's talking about?I am totally swimming in the dark here.Can someone please elaborate.For all I know, HP has changed faces numerous times over if home page look is what you guys mean.About the Zzz it's the antithesis to finding inspiration,if ever there was one.I've been here long enough to not let anything bother my piece of mind.I take HP like I would any other pastime.

21. CZCZCZ profile image89
    CZCZCZposted 11 years ago

I have had an increase in my hub views since changing the profile, however I have also been much more active over this last month than previously.  I have taken the time to go back through several of the Zzzz hubs and make changes.  I was surprised at how awful some of the ones I wrote were and they did need improvements so I made them and have pleased with the increase in views in some of those hubs as well.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)