Are bandwagon fans as credible as true fans?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. aDayInMyLife1 profile image90
    aDayInMyLife1posted 11 years ago

Are bandwagon fans as credible as true fans?

2. profile image0
    jlcustompcposted 11 years ago

The short answer is no,

My husband and I like some of the same teams but he is a die hard Saints and LSU fan. I enjoy the Steelers myself and he does as well which makes our marriage that much easier!

3. xero37 profile image60
    xero37posted 11 years ago

Absolutely not. Truth of the matter is, I despise bandwagon fans. I am a Titans fan, through the good times and the bad. People often ask me how I, being from San Antonio, could like a team from Tennessee. Most of "those" people forget that the Tennessee Titans were once the Houston Oilers, Since theh and the Dallas Cowboys were the only two Texas teams, I went with the Oilers as a kid because I hate the Cowboys.

Bandwagon fans pick a team who is currently winning. They do not bother brushing up on the team's history or that of the sport. A friend of mine is a self=proclaimed Broncos fan, and he began liking the team when they won back to back Super Bowls. I once asked him who the Running Back was (something a regular fan of the NFL should know) and he could not answer. Only one of the greatest backs in NFL history.

So no, I do not believe bandwagon fans to be credible.

4. revortay1 profile image60
    revortay1posted 11 years ago

I don't think they come even close. They don't stick around for the tough times and would a significant other that only was there for the good times be as credible as a true one?

5. aDayInMyLife1 profile image90
    aDayInMyLife1posted 11 years ago

I was born and raised in RI therefore a Patriots fan. I moved to NC 5 years ago where their team has sucked and there are many bandwagon fans. People always try and comment that I'm a bandwagon fan. Correction: NO. I am a New Englander a Yankee born and raised. A Patriots fan. Get it right. Thank you smile

6. BLACKANDGOLDJACK profile image73
    BLACKANDGOLDJACKposted 11 years ago

Many bandwagon fans just want to party with winners. If you don't know the history of your favorite team, you are no true fan, just a pretender. If you can't explain what the hypocycloid on the Steelers helmet means, you shouldn't be wearing a hat or jersey with a hypocycloid on it. There are many diehard Steeler fans all over the country. It doesn't matter where you live. It matters whether or not you bleed black and gold.

7. Lynne_Eliz profile image60
    Lynne_Elizposted 11 years ago

True fans are there in good times and bad.  While it is always good to celebrate with each other, there is nothing more comforting to know that when you may be going through the heartbreak of a poor game season, true fans will continue to be right there with you.  The empty spaces will be where the bandwagon fans hope to be when things pick up again, so after a year of poor performance, the true fans will remember which seats were the vacant ones while the bandwagon fans will not have a clue.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)