Ladies do you like a man with a full head of hair or is a shaved or bald head th

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Charlu profile image77
    Charluposted 11 years ago

Ladies do you like a man with a full head of hair or is a shaved or bald head the new sexy?

Some women like men with a full head of hair while others prefer the look of a shaved head.  Which do you think is sexier or do you like a military crew cut?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7274784_f260.jpg

2. rutley profile image64
    rutleyposted 11 years ago

It depends, is his head shaped like a watermelon? Then no, hair would be good. Some look good either way. The face and the body looking fine and fit helps also. Just because I'm 50 doesn't mean I don't notice!  Ha ha!

Charluposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Agreed and over 55 but still like to drool (oops sorry glance) at those that can turn a head or two. Hey my contacts may have to be in to see him or my glasses on but I still notice lol

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 11 years ago

Depends on the man and the hair.  For example, I cannot stand longer hair on older men. It grosses me out-I have no idea why.  Now take Shemar Moore in the photo--he looks good just the way he is!

That's to funny because I am so the same way.  I don't mind it on younger guys but for some reason on older men it gives me the creeps (I wonder why that is) and ditto on the photo hmmmmmmmm

4. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 11 years ago

Rutley is soooo right about the shape of the head. However, most men look attractive without their full mane of hair. It's the part hair - part bald that is unattractive. Especially, some poor souls who are balding on top and allow the rest of the hair to grow long. Quite tasteless. My husband has lots of dark wavy hair which looks super. I can't imagine him without it, but my oldest who just got recruited in the army looks quite attractive with his shaven head.

I especially don't like it when partially balding men let one side grow out longer and try to do the comb over thing. That is just to much for me.

2. Efficient Admin profile image84
      Efficient Adminposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh yikes, that would be the Tidy-Bowl Hippie look going on. Nope, not attractive at all.

5. Alecia Murphy profile image71
    Alecia Murphyposted 11 years ago

I think as long as it fits the person it's okay. Some men look best with no hair like Shemar Moore and Bruce Willis. While others, need hair because of their bone structure. As long as you are confident and comfortable in who you are and how you look- you can't lose.

Two of my favorites Bruce an Shemar.

6. krsharp05 profile image74
    krsharp05posted 11 years ago

I think that masculine men who are muscular look good with shaved heads but men who are more metro-sexual look good with a clean, shaped cut.

I agree with duffsmom, older men should always go short smile

Hmmm I never really thought of that but your right  I don't think a skinny or maybe metro guy would look good with a shaved head or maybe

7. brblog profile image81
    brblogposted 11 years ago

I can't speak for the ladies or the "new sexy" but I have an observation . . .

Bald guys use to be the tough bouncer type, cop or military man (maybe an ex-con). Now any old nerdy engineer that has developed "bozo the clown hair syndrome" will shave his head and try and look cool. Are they really fooling the ladies?

8. jodeci profile image60
    jodeciposted 11 years ago

I think a man has to have a certain "facial structure" to truly pull off the shaved head. Not every man can really pull off this look. But  despite of what we think, a man has the right to his personal style. As long as he is confident and comfortable with who he is, it really doesn't matter what other people think.

Shemar Moore, Bruce Willis, and Vin Diesel look good with shaved heads. Tom Cruise, Johnny Depp, Will Smith, not so much. Tom Cruise and Will Smith look nice with military cut. Johnny Depp looks better with longer hair.

Your definitely right about the facial structure, but I have to disagree with you  on Will Smith with a shaved head. On the other hand I totally agree with you about Cruise and Depp.

2. theodoresumrall profile image57
      theodoresumrallposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Agreed! Moreover, shape of your head matters too.

9. profile image0
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 11 years ago

On this guy it looks sexy. I think on most guys no hair would be better than just a little bit around the edges.
    Lisa

That is so true!  I mean what's up with the comb over and leaving just a ring.  It looks sometimes like their head is growing a beard: smile  I think a lot of men would look better with it shaved and tan, and Shemar (guy in the photo) is soooooo hot!!

10. ReneeDC1979 profile image59
    ReneeDC1979posted 11 years ago

If it's Shemar Moore, I don't care.  Others, it depends on the shape of head.

11. profile image0
    Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years ago

It makes a man look thugish if you ask me. I like a man to leave a bit around the sides and the back and grow a moustache. It looks distinguished and the moustache makes up for what's missing on top. Both my sons and their father have chosen that look and look gorgeous with it, but they are gorgeous, strapping blokes with or without their hair.

12. Efficient Admin profile image84
    Efficient Adminposted 11 years ago

I love a shaved head, and a full head of hair, and love that military haircut.

What I do find very unattractive is the Tidy-Bowl style where there is hair all around the sides and back and bald head on top. Not attractive at all.

Yeah that's just ughhhh most of the time, of course Miriam says both her husband and sons pull it off very well.  Hmmmmmmm  maybe smile

13. Loveandtangerines profile image57
    Loveandtangerinesposted 11 years ago

Unless a man has a chiseled super fit physique, then a full head of hair should be the go to style.

I don't know I've seen some heavier men that pull it off pretty well.  Those that are to skinny almost look sickly sometimes though and not really my type anyway.  I think a man looks better with a few extra pds than needing to gain a bunch

2. Stery Longly profile image54
      Stery Longlyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

A guy needs to have some nice facial features and a well proportioned head to look good with a clean shaven head.. he doesn't need to be big and muscular and chiseled..

14. bzirkone profile image54
    bzirkoneposted 11 years ago

I like this man, period. And I like shaved heads.  I dislike facial hair on most men.

15. Stery Longly profile image54
    Stery Longlyposted 8 years ago

A guy needs to have some nice facial features and a well proportioned head to look good with a clean shaven head..  you don't need to be big and muscular..

Charluposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I definitely agree,  it needs to be proportioned when you're revealing the entire head, ears, etc. smile

16. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

A shaved head on a guy can look much better than a balding head.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)