How do you control all the emails we receive from HP?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. mary615 profile image81
    mary615posted 11 years ago

How do you control all the emails we receive from HP?

I am in the process of deleting over 2,000 emails from HP.  I am overwhelmed.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 years ago

A while ago I got tired of weeding through dozens of HubPages e-mails every day about questions I'd answered, Hubs I'd commented on, forums I'd posted in, etc,. etc. so I finally went into my account preferences and turned off e-mail notifications for everything except for when one of my own Hubs gets a new comment. I don't need to be notified of everything else via e-mail since there's a "notifications" button at the top of the HubPages screen when I'm logged in.

1. ChristyWrites profile image79
      ChristyWritesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I did the same thing a few weeks ago Freddy and have seen significantly less emails. The one page summary 'notifications' email tells me any new hubs from my followers and that does the trick smile

2. mary615 profile image81
      mary615posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Good idea, FatFreddysCat!  I will certainly try that. I have also opted not to follow comments (unless I ask a question).  I think that will cut down on all the emails.

3. rfmoran profile image72
      rfmoranposted 11 years agoin reply to this

ChristyWrites had a good point. The morning (promptly at 10:35 Eastern time) contains all of the notifications you need. The others are pretty much repeats.

4. Faith Reaper profile image83
      Faith Reaperposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is a great idea, and I had forgotten about the notifications at the top.

5. teaches12345 profile image78
      teaches12345posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I may have to do this as well.  My email notifcations are getting to be quite numerous.  I am grateful for the followers, updates, questions, comments, etc., but I cannot possibly keep up with each one.  Would love to find a good solution. Thanks!

3. rfmoran profile image72
    rfmoranposted 11 years ago

Like all emails - Act, file (in a separate folder to be kept for future reference) or delete. They do tend to pile up if you do nothing. My twitter alerts look like a virus spreading on my screen. Zap them fast!

4. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 11 years ago

I am also overwhelmed and there is no way you can possibly have time to read everything. I never thought about turning the emails off. I think I will try that also. Thanks.

5. Faith Reaper profile image83
    Faith Reaperposted 11 years ago

I do not have a handle on the emails, as I now have over 2,347 and climbing.  I know we can stop the emails once we comment, but I love to read others and plus waiting to see a reply from a comment that I have made.  I think why mine are so out of control is due to the fact that I am literally away from home for ten hours, eight at work, and two hours on the road, and then just everyday life.  I just got home around 9:00 p.m. here in southern USA, after a long day at work, but I had to stop by and see my new grandson and two granddaughters before coming home. 

Mary, I am so glad you asked this question, as I thought I was the only one around with this issue. 

It takes a lot of time to delete them all.  Usually on the weekends I try to start deleting hundreds and hundreds, but they still keep multiplying - so I have no answer, but I hope some will share their wisdom to get a handle on this fact.

1. teaches12345 profile image78
      teaches12345posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Faith, I feel overwhelmed also when I am away from home to work.  I do have them on my iphone, but cannot full focus while at work.  It is a feeling of not being a responsible hubber in the community that really concerns me.

2. Faith Reaper profile image83

So true teaches, as one wants to participate in the community, as that is a big part of it.  I cannot do a thing while I am at work, even on break, as they block it so that one cannot comment, but yet I can approve a comment, but I cannot comment.

6. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

I try to delete e-mails every couple of days from HP. If I had not read them in two, three days at the most, I am not going back. Everything also comes through my Blackberry, which lets me see what is coming  as it arrives, so I do not get hit with 200 at the end of the day. Blackberry is sync to outlook so when I delete there, the Blackberry deletes.

1. Faith Reaper profile image83

Thanks Larry, maybe I need to get a Blackberry.  Great answer.

7. profile image0
    Casimiroposted 11 years ago

Learn to use the message filters in your e-mail client. Anything coming in from Hubpages goes into a personal folder named, strangely enough, Hubpages, on my PC. That way they don't clutter up my inbox. I do this with a lot of my e-mail from various sources and it's all automatic. I can see the folder has unread messages and it tells me how many.

Once in a while I visit the folder and can quickly scan it to see if there is anything worth reading, read those few, then delete it all.

If you have 2000 e-mails from HP, then I'd say zap it all. It's very doubtful there is anything in there after all that time that's so important you can't live without it.

1. Faith Reaper profile image83

Great idea Casimiro.  You're right, probably should just delete all and start fresh.  I know when I was away for a month, that is what I had to do, as there was no way to catch up, but I know I missed great writing.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)