jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

HubPages email notifications flagged as SPAM

1. mary615 profile image93
    mary615posted 4 years ago

I have always received a daily "recent notifications" from HubPages.  This past Sat. is the last one I have received.  Help!

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to hear you are missing notifications.
      Just to confirm, you are talking about email notifications and not the notifications on the site?
      I checked into it and I show that we sent 34 messages today alone starting at about 1am and the last one was just a few minutes ago.  I even see an fanmail message that shows it was viewed at about 11am.

Many times our messages get flagged as SPAM.

Here is a good place to start make sure you get your messages:
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#not_getting_emails

mary615posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, Matthew.  Yep, I checked my spam folder and there they were!  Isn't that strange that after all this time email from HP is going to spam! 
        When I click on Email settings on HP, nothing happens, also when I click on Password:  nothing.  Under Edit that's OK, and Social Networks, that's OK.
        Oh, well, I'll figure it out.....Thanks again.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image74
          Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If you add the HubPages outgoing email addresses to your Yahoo mail address book and/or email white list they should no longer get flagged as SPAM.

"Another good way to make sure that the HubPages emails get delivered would be to add the email addresses: editor@hubpages.com, comment@hubpages.com, and email@hubpages.com into your email account's contacts (just set the name associated with this email address to 'HubPages Editor', 'HubPages Comment, and 'HubPages Email' or similar)."
          http://hubpages.com/faq/#not_getting_emails

Thanks, will do.

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

I am glad you got an answer.  The same thing happened to me a couple of times, and now I know to check my "junk" mail.  Once I did not receive any notifications in the longest time, and then I just happened to click on "junk," and hundreds, upon hundreds of HP emails were there, much to my horror!

3. wilderness profile image94
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

The other day while deleting email, I hit "spam" instead of "delete".

The next day I got no notifications and, sure enough, HP was being put into the spam folder.  Just one time trained my FF - I had to tell it that HP is not spam, whereupon it's fine again.

Hi, wilderness.  I "told" my email account to accept HP's emails, so I think I'll be good now.  I'd hate to miss important stuff from HP, and I like to know when a follower has published something new I should read.  It was just strange that after all this time HP was going to spam.  Maybe I did what you did.

4. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image61
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 4 years ago

I'm glad to get the information here because I've also had such problems when HP lands in spam. Now I do believe I'm getting everything but hey, Mary did we ever figure out why I don't get notifications when you publish something. Whenever I can I go to your profile and see what I'm missing. I can't remember if I have this problem with anyone else but when I go to FB I pick up on hubs I might have missed. Hopefully there will be more understanding than confusion as time goes on. Hugs.

I have several followers that I don't get notice of their new Hubs.  When I have some time I  go to  "followers" in my account, and see when they last published, and the title.
      Maybe your stuff from HP is going to your spam.  Follow Matthew's post to fix that.  I have missed a lot of new Hubs, too.
      Good to see you, Gypsy Rose.

1. BlossomSB profile image92
        BlossomSBposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I have that problem, too. I 'follow' some people and they follow me but I never receive what they write and need to look them up to read their work and comment and they have to do the same. I wonder why this happens. It does not go to Spam.

working