Why can't I find my latest Hub when I search using any of the words in the title

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Gina145 profile image68
    Gina145posted 11 years ago

Why can't I find my latest Hub when I search using any of the words in the title?

My latest Hub is about my experiences as a new user at both RedGage and Bubblews.  I have tried putting both names in the HubPages search bar and the Hub doesn't show in the results even though the Hub has already been featured for about 24 hours.
    What have I done wrong and how do I correct it?

2. Dale Hyde profile image79
    Dale Hydeposted 11 years ago

It sounds like the "noindex" tag that was on there when the hub was not featured, was picked up by Google when Google first indexed the hub.  Google apparently has not come back since the first visit.  So it would not appear in search results.

You can try going in via Google Webmaster Tools, under your HubPages sub-domain, then under "Health" and then "Fetch as Google" and submit the URL to have Google index the page.  You will submit the URL to be "fetched" first, then you have to click the button to have the hub "indexed".

Hopefully this will help get the hub into the searches.

Gina145posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Until now I hadn't even tried a Google search.  It doesn't even come up in the HubPages searches though it does appear on the category page.

3. Nellieanna profile image68
    Nellieannaposted 11 years ago

You can locate it on your own profile page's options.  Up on the top-of-page black bar which has HubPages at its left side,  there are several options on the right side of the bar.  Your profile ID name is one of them.  Click it to get a drop-down menu with some choices.  Click 'my account' - Statistics iat the top of a left sidebar of options and it is the default choice for the page, so will be open already.  It lists all your hubs, both published and still unpublished, along with other facts and stats about each one.  You should find your missing hub listed there.

Good luck with this and with all your HubPage experiences!  Explore all the various options at your disposal.  They're very useful.  And wherever you visit on HubPages, the top bar of options is open to you on every page!

It is listed there as well as on my profile page and in the category HubPages Tutorials and Community → Getting Traffic for Your Hubs → Social Bookmarking Sites and HubPages.  It's also getting some views, but no tags show up in searches.

2. Nellieanna profile image68
      Nellieannaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is a lag between when the 'inside' recognition and those things opening it to the whole internet.  I'd have thought it would be fully cleared but may be some hold up.  Look for it on STATISTICS as I described.  You'll see if there are problems

3. Gina145 profile image68

It's not just the internet.  It's not showing on HubPages' own search.  And I really can't see any problems under the statistics.

4. Nellieanna profile image68

Maybe you could notify those people who want to see it how to go straight to your profile page & click it up there?  We know it  shows up there. Roundabout, but is a solution now. It's odd! My only delays in 3 yrs are the 1st lags before a hub cl

5. Gina145 profile image68

Notifying people could only be a short term solution, but this isn't really a Hub for sharing with my friends.  I doubt any of them would have any use for either of the sites I wrote about.

6. Nellieanna profile image68

I wasn't thinking of just friends.  You'd mentioned people who would view it for impersonal reasons, but apparently they're too impersonal to follow a link; so that's no solution.  Hope it gets resolved satisfactorily.  I've run out of suggestions.

7. Gina145 profile image68

Thanks for trying.  It seems you're not the only one who's run out of ideas.  I'll try the search again tomorrow and see if editing it somehow made a difference.

8. Nellieanna profile image68

Sometimes wise to just accept & move on.  Life's too short to spin one's wheels on futility, once you've given it a good try.  Might try copying it all offline & then redoing the hub with a slightly different title & save the one that wor

4. profile image0
    dreamseeker2posted 11 years ago

If you click on your account on your profile page, you will find it in your list of hubs under statistics. Scroll down until you find the title. : ) Good luck!

That's not my problem.  I can find it.  It's people who are searching for the sites I'm reviewing that won't be able to find it.

5. seanorjohn profile image70
    seanorjohnposted 11 years ago

Try editing it. Just using space bar once got one of my hubs re-indexed. Good luck.

Thanks.  I've tried that.  How soon should I see a result?

6. Charlu profile image78
    Charluposted 11 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7500701_f260.jpg

Every time you edit a hub it is going to be a little while before it is indexed again. I would be worried more about Google searches than HP  They will tag it when they get done reviewing it, but every time you make a change it is going to prolong the process.

I have several hubs that I would like to revise but don't due to this very issue. I don't want to take a chance on them pulling it due to it not being the right category or the title isn't appropriate (when it is) and losing rankings that I worked hard for with Google on hubs that have been up for over a year.

I just Googled the title and the pic shows your results HP will get it done you just have to be patient

Thanks for your trouble.  That's very comforting because the Google traffic is what should bring in money.  Assuming people are actually interesting in those sites, that is!

2. Charlu profile image78
      Charluposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It's no trouble at all everyone here is always willing to help. You can also see when you Google Redgage verses Bubblews that HP has your hub listed also at the bottom of the page so that helps (1st pg).
      Good Luck and have a Merry Christmas

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)