If you could have only one gift, what would it be?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (15 posts)
  1. midget38 profile image87
    midget38posted 11 years ago

If you could have only one gift, what would it be?

2. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 11 years ago

Hi midget38. If I could have only one gift more than what I already have? That is a tough question. I must ponder maybe a lifetime. Just a guess and does not count. Another lifetime, only one, with the wear-with-all I have today. Hmmmm, never mind I have that. oopps forgot. That is called tomorrow. Okay, materialistically while thinking of the future a magnificent laptop that can be taken aboard a jet liner. I will buy a mouse for say $15 bucks later. I can't stand those finger pads. Clumsy fingers - giggle, giggle. I will figure out how to get to the destination somehow and with that laptop even if I have to walk there, well I can run a business with a hub as the center point after learning a bit and a byte more about SEO.

Mitch

3. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 11 years ago

I am assuming that you are referring to an ability or talent and not to an object.
    It is a tough choice for me. I wish I had the talent of a good orator, because I believe my voice has held me back.

However, I think the gift if would chose would be music, the ability to read the notes, separate the tones and then bring that alive through the piano of violin. I see people playing instruments with such ease, which comes from years of practice, but also from a natural talent. I could take lessons, but I do not have the talent to transform the notes on a piece of paper into a pleasant and moving sound.

4. Pennypines profile image60
    Pennypinesposted 11 years ago

I was blessed with a love of music.  Music of every decade all the way from the earliest years to contemporary.  I was awed by the beauty of the ancient Gregorian to the 20th Century hot jazz, my only regret being I could not afford intensive studies. 
    Nevertheless I was gifted with an ear and that is and always was my blessing.

5. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 11 years ago

The gift I would definitely love to have is the ability to heal.

If I could heal others, the world would be a much better place to me.

The ability to heal is part of love and when we have love everything else falls in place.  am not saying that if we cant heal we dont have love, I already have love so I am just adding to that gift of love.

I believe that "Our Creator", Father, Holy spirit chooses certain people to have certain gifts to spread throughout the world. Mind you as we see (police being on top of the list) these gifts are being misused.

I could never mock God that way.
    I know God has big plans for me and I believe one of them will be the gift to heal.

6. Paul Kuehn profile image93
    Paul Kuehnposted 11 years ago

Michelle,
    If I could have only one gift, it would be that as a teacher who has the ability and talent to facilitate people's learning of a skill which will better their lives.  In addition to this, the ability as a teacher to instill moral virtues in people for the betterment of society.

7. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

There are so many things one would want to give...mostly material but needed.  However, if I had to narrow it down to one it would be the gift of love.  To love and be loved is the most precious gift of all.  Knowing that we are loved gives us the strength to climb mountains, loving gives us the strength to get there!

8. WalterPoon profile image67
    WalterPoonposted 11 years ago

Without health, all else is meaningless. So my answer is "health".

9. mary615 profile image83
    mary615posted 11 years ago

The greatest gift I could ever have is to know I raised my children and grandchildren to be good outstanding citizens with strong morals and values.

1. Ps32Love profile image60
      Ps32Loveposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree, and it would be great to know they were passing that on to the next generation, and that generation raising the next generation with strong morals and values, etc. in other words, knowing it doesn't stop here, but continues on.

10. dorothy0328 profile image75
    dorothy0328posted 11 years ago

To a lot of people the greatest gift to receive would be money, a house, a new car, new clothes and the list goes on and on however for me I have to say happiness. Having happiness in your life is the greatest gift to ever receive and it is important to have a fulfilling and meaningful life.

1. WalterPoon profile image67
      WalterPoonposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The sum of a person's happiness and unhappiness is equal to zero. Happiness begets unhappiness and vice-versa. If you are stranded in a desert for a day, seeing a glass of plain water is like seeing a pot of gold, but not on an ordinary day.

11. khmazz profile image70
    khmazzposted 11 years ago

This was a really interesting question and has provoked some really great answers from everyone else that has already answered it. I believe that for me the greatest gift would be to always know unconditional love in my heart.

12. comptrvirus profile image60
    comptrvirusposted 11 years ago

If given the chance to have a gift, that would be to have the ability to travel back time and the future.

Why I choose this because there are things that I wanted to see like the extinction of the dinosaurs, the formation of the seas, the sinking of Titanic and even the assassination of John F. Kennedy.

13. NitNurses profile image60
    NitNursesposted 11 years ago

If I could have one gift it would be the gift of foresight. And not necessarily being able to see into the future, but just being able to understand intuition better and to read into life's most minute clues a little more.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)